Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If she knew, how accepting/supporting was your mother?

My mum was most definitely not supportive and caught me a number of times and even made me wear her skirt and boots, which I'd been "borrowing", for the day as well as trying to humiliate me by outing me to my favorite (glamorous) aunt by taking me shopping all of which is a story that I've told before.
    My mum doesn't know that I still dress and I won't be telling her anytime soon either.

The funny thing is though, I'm sure my dad knew as he nearly caught me dressed once but it wasn't until he left my room after we'd chatted about something or other that I realised that there was a pair of stilettos still visible under my bed and he couldn't have not seen them, also when I was in the army my stash disappeared and the only person who could've done it was my dad but he never said anything to me or made a thing about it ever.
    But my mum, NO.

I was between jobs, having moved back from England (wife and kids still there) and stayed with mom and dad for a while. i started going out fully dressed for the first time, changing at a friends house or in my car. I took my clothes bag with me when I was out, of course. I told them i was working out at the gym , then going out. She got nosy and snooped in my closet one day when I was at work, got my bag out and went through the contents. She accosted me one night about what was in there. She was yelling, asking me if I was having an affair or worse was I a cder.

I calmed her down and explained it to her. For the next few days she was up and actually gave me a few purses and some jewelry. She was down some on it as well. After a few weeks she never spoke of it again. She just didn't want to know, sigh.

I lost her last year, and while she had her issues, I really do miss her, whether she approved or not. I learned a lot from her about a lot of things. One of which is standing up for myself.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton