Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "How to walk like a girl?" Help needed

Lot's of good advise here. Some tips I've tried, others are new.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    Walk like you have a string pulling you up by the top of your head. Keep your elbows glued to your sides and wear high heals. The rest will fall in to place. Don't exagerate it, try to relax and hold your head up and smile.
    Building on Sally, I saw a video clip once, a woman was practicing this, working on a more one foot in front of the other style with some wiggle - the neat part was she was carrying a stick out in front (as in cross checking) which revealed excessive shoulder motion. I find it difficult to swing hips and keep shoulders steady forward.

Go slow. I find arms hardest. I try to carry something or push a cart or something to alleviate the need for proper arm position & motion.
    Last edited by "Mary"; 01-14-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Mary

Just go to Youtube and search for "How to walk in high heels"
    Also, women walk with their arms slightly away from their bodies to clear their hips and just a little front to back motion.
    TTFN, Barb
    Last edited by BarbraAnne; 01-14-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Quote Originally Posted by matrioshka View Post
    In the course of our discussion, we hit a snag: What is en vogue today wasn't how it was done in the mid 19'th century. Back to the drawing board...
    Is there anyone around who can remember the difference??

And more importantly, what will the audience expect to see?

But clothes (particularly shoes) always tend to make you move differently - that's why the right costume is so important to actors?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

How to walk in High Heels

Here's a site that you might find interesting. Check it out.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...n-high-heels-3

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Is there anyone around who can remember the difference??

And more importantly, what will the audience expect to see?

But clothes (particularly shoes) always tend to make you move differently - that's why the right costume is so important to actors?

In this case, the clothes make the difference. The corset for one thing, and the hoop skirt as well.

The "audience" in this case would notice. I haven't been let in on all the details, but I'm assuming that the "actor" in question is going enfemme to elude capture.

What we're talking about here is a living history event that will last several days. Usually it centers around a body of troops moving from Point A to Point B. In the course of the march, in this case, around twenty miles, there will be interactions with groups of refugees, or, rarely, contact with the "enemy". The goal is to try to recreate the experience of a 19'th century army on campaign.

Not your usual reenactment. Strict standards for those taking part, and closed to the public as well.

Katrina
    Last edited by matrioshka; 01-14-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Just a part time woman? Tina Francis's Avatar
    JoAnn,

very good description. I totally agree to investigate the GG. It's needs training and concentration to find the right level between your own natural feminine walk and the funny extrem catwalk style.

A try one time on a moving belt in front of a mirror, that helps a lot, but it's difficult to find a place to practice it. A sports studio is not really the right place. I had the opportunity in a hotel room.

Wearing heels helps a lot move the chest to the front.
    Tina