Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would this be a way to get people off your ass?

Gold Member

Would this be a way to get people off your ass?

OK some of the morons in our lives like to give us crap about CD'ing.
    When they do that would a good approach to be to point out THIER shortcomings, whether they can really help them or not?

In the past I have done that to people when they give me hell about something [non-CD related] and they get really mad but never bother me about that whatever again. They do however point out in a rude tone what a smart ass I am. [thank you thank you, bow]

We are talking about people who you just cannot talk to like civil grown ups.

Discuss this civil tactic.

No one is on my ass about crossdressing... Or gives me any crap about it... Ok my wife isn't a big fan.. But I don't even want to stir up and crap with her... She's bigger than I am!! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Here is my oppinion. We live is a world that just won't accept anything different. So these people are out there and always will be there's nothing that will change that. We should be the civalized ones and not stoop to there level. Treat these people as you would want to be treated enough said.ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

I don't bother talking to people who have their head up where the sun don't shine, no matter what the topic. I have better things to do with my time so why waste it?
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Dreaming is half the fun.

Smile pick your battles

I think that there are some arguments worth figting for and some people worth arguing with, remember the old saying " is this the hill you want to die on? depending on the argument and the place I think we should ract to others.

Lovinly Alma

I have to agree with Katie B on this one. It's much more effective in the long run to respond firmly without rancor, and insist that the conversation be kept at an adult level. You may have to do it several times, but eventually it will work.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Its not our problem!!! But don't go spouting back.

Have fun
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I'm usually a bit subtle about things like this and just tell people to get off my a$$!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I gotta agree - none of us are helped when someone's dumb or fearful comments are turned back on them. All that does is to extend the anger. Just let it go or deal with it on a constructive or educational level. You have been noticed; why not use the moment?
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Upping the ante just means, eventually, someone's going to get hurt. And even if you win the battle, are you sure you can win a war?

IMHO It's never a good idea to make enemies, you never know when you might need friends..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Having a confrontation with someone doesn't solve anything. All it shows is that I can pee up the wall farther than you or my gun is bigger than yours or whatever argument you might want to have.

Maybe this is my girl side showing through, but I've never seen where it did any good.

I'll just try to avoid these and try to approach things from a positive viewpoint. It is easier to walk away.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    When they do that would a good approach to be to point out THIER shortcomings, whether they can really help them or not?

In the past I have done that to people when they give me hell about something [non-CD related] and they get really mad but never bother me about that whatever again. They do however point out in a rude tone what a smart ass I am. [thank you thank you, bow]

We are talking about people who you just cannot talk to like civil grown ups.

Discuss this civil tactic.

My first question is who are these morons, and what on earth are they doing in your life? Life is too short to surround yourself with people who don't respect you enough to allow you to be yourself.

If you are referring to strangers who gawk at you, definitely keep an adult demeanor and don't stoop. Two reasons: 1. You don't know what their shortcommings are other than they have nothing better to do. 2. You can get hurt.

I'm letting alone the damage this might do to the view on crossdressers as a whole because you probably aren't going to change their opinion of you very easily.

Now, finally having said that, in situations where that tactic might be to a positve effect (unlikely, never happened to me or anyone I know, but I can imagine such a scenario) I would change it a bit for smoother results: instead of dignifying their complaints with a response, just leave them in the cold.
    Last edited by subaru_forster; 12-23-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Two wrongs never equal a right.

Jodi

I've never been harrassed or been given grief about the subject of my crossdressing. On the other hand, I have been accused of being something I'm not, like "communist" (I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative), a "heathen" (I'm an atheist), and other colorful metaphors. I love a good debate, but not with intellectually challenged folk. So, instead of the "f**k you" I used to use in the past, I just ignore them and move on. I think this is a sign of maturity

Interestingly, two negatives do equal a positive, but I guess that's just in math.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Whenever someone is acting the part of an a-hole I just consider the source of the comment, and then ignore it. For the ones' whom usually make such comments on any matter are generally unarmed opponents to begin with, and I never fight an unarmed opponent.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What's that old saying?

About walking around bent over? And u get surprised when someone boots u in the rear?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    One time I was waiting on the train platform and as this woman walked by, all she said was "Adam's Apple". All I wanted to say back was "Fat *ss!", but that would have been beneath me. Why did she feel the need to point out the obvious? I didn't.

FWIW: I actually took her comment as a compliment. If she had to look that hard to be sure, I must be doing ok.

Gen

It depends on the other person. Some people 'get it' when you remind them they are not perfect, others are not that intuitive and make it in to a major personal attack. The only thought I have, is just pick the battles that are worth fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Two wrongs never equal a right.
    But 3 Lefts do .......... lol

Anyway, lol, As much as you would like to smack these people up side the head, you can't.

These people sound like people you somehow know, family, friends, co-workers, ect.
    For friends & family, I'd say put it to them straight.
    It offends you & you don't find it funny, so pick a new topic.

As far as strangers go - look at the source.
    The best way to shut up a heckler is either agree with them [with a slight bit o sarcasm] or laugh it off or just ignore them.
    Throwing out some comment that could be [way to easily these days] taken the wrong way can go from a passing comment to a face to face before you know what happen.
    Then what, your fighting with an idiot, on there own terms.

Or as that saying somewhat goes:
    Don't fight with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. lol
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

You could always try this:

idiot.jpg
    Just LOVE being censored! Why have a forum if you can't speak your mind!
    https://www.facebook.com/glorenz2

Aspiring Member

Please accept my disagreement.

I am not in favor of taking the confrontational approach. When someone gives you a hard time about something, they feel as though they are in a superior position or one of power. When they do this I think that they are prepared to take it to the next level. To point out their flaws is just putting you on their level, a level that you have said that you can't stand.

I think that we need to better than that. Yes, I will defend myself when I think that my safety is in jeopardy and I will defend someone who is being picked on but defend them, not become aggressive as well. We need to be above one on one confrontations because I think that it gives additional ammunition to narrow minded and bigoted people.

If you don't confront behaviour or thinking which you're uncomfortable with, it won't change - you just become complicit.

Surely the issue is how you confront it - aggression only triggers an aggressive response - sooner, or later?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Ivy
    It depends on the level of ignorance. If somebody asks me a dumb question, but in a tone that I can discern as "enlighten me", I'll try to explain it to them. Those are the people whose perceptions might actually change. On the other end, there are people who are looking for a confrontation, and I ignore them.

The people that are most difficult to ignore are the people you know, co-workers, friends, family, acquaintances. Most of them don't know this side of me and it gets harder and harder each day to keep my trap shut. It's usually not even a comment directed at me specifically, guys messing around with each other by challenging their masculinity in some way, or making an ignorant comment about part of a community I accept.

Believe me, I have a retort for every person I know who has made those comments. They probably won't be the first thing out of my mouth if I feel the need to defend, but my girly belt comes with a verbal holster.

One of my more stupid co-workers wrote on a sign-in sheet next to my name once-"lady in red". I'm not one to get involved with such childishness, usually, like juvenile scribbling on bathroom walls and such, but this one called for action. I wrote underneath, "nah, red's not my color". Humour is a great equaliser. It demonstrates that You aren't bothered, thus ruining their fun. It aso disarms people, and usually shows them you are more than equal to the fight they've just picked. Most of all, It says, "You may not like what I do, but you will show me respect". Don't get mad--get funny!

Hugs,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    One time I was waiting on the train platform and as this woman walked by, all she said was "Adam's Apple". All I wanted to say back was "Fat *ss!", but that would have been beneath me. Why did she feel the need to point out the obvious? I didn't.

FWIW: I actually took her comment as a compliment. If she had to look that hard to be sure, I must be doing ok.

Gen
    Maybe you should have said, "Thank you dear, and yours is lovely too!"

But seriously, I have found the best defense is to simply pretend that you don't realize you have been insulted, but act like they just gave you the compliment of your life! It totally frustrates them that they don't get the result they expect, (either a similar response or silent "shame") and really ruins the whole experience for them, while giving them no excuse to continue to harass you!

I found this out the hard way when some really unhelpfull sales assistants used it on me. They just smiled and were very polilte, while doing absoluetly nothing else, including their jobs. Was too abashed, and too much of a Gentleman/Lady to continue complaining. Just never went back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.