Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut those finger nails!!

Cut those finger nails!!

That's what my wife just said.... She was trying to figure out the new washer and asked for my help.... I came over and started pushing buttons and she then noticed my long, nicely manicured nails....

She said "cut those nails.... those are long... even for a woman... and pointy! No one wears pointy any more... they trim them straight"

I said "I like them pointie!! and long.... " she just looked at me and did the eye roll thing....

So you think that she ment I could keep them long if I file them flatter or cut them off completely?

BTW.... she has never had long nails.... ever.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Maybe she is jealous? Some GGs can't really keep them long for the crack and break. My wife has a lot of breakage. I have some breakage but, only when I am a guy!

Edy

Green eyed monster Karren, I get it all the time from my SO and any other GG I happen across that has worse nails....Tell her to grow nose hair, or ear fluff, or something you have that annoys you, or just do what I do and GLOAT about how good my nails are That always gets them going

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Karen,

NO! .... don't cut them. You'll regret it ... I did. I would say trim them "squared off" .... according to my wife, your wife is correct, it's almost always straight across or only slightly rounded .... not pointie. Go for the trim rather than the cut I say.

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    Hehehehe, if your wife is like my wife she really meant, "Cut them down to guy size!"

Why aggravate your wife? It seems you pretty much get to dress whenever you want, yet you seem amused by your wife's obvious distaste for your nails. Why not cut the woman a break and cut the nails. Are you trying to piss her off?

Why not take her advice and go with current GG nail fashion... take what she says as fashion advice rather than displeasure.

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    I see a LOT of women with squared off nails, but why should you stick to what everyone else does?

Karren you know your wife better than anyone else, so you need to figure out if she's just jealous of that. Maybe get her some extensions so she can rival you

If you can't make war or peace, get dressed up

~Samantha
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    Why aggravate your wife? It seems you pretty much get to dress whenever you want, yet you seem amused by your wife's obvious distaste for your nails. Why not cut the woman a break and cut the nails. Are you trying to piss her off?

What could it hurt? Cut the nails.
    I am not trying to make anyone mad but it is a personal opinion. I think long nails on a guy is creepy. It is a small concession to make isn't it? for the sake of your marriage or peace in your home. Generally she turns a blind eye. Something like long nails is hard to explain to friends and neighbors if you know what I mean. In my profession it is hard to keep the nails long and manicured so I am ok with short well groomed nails that I keep painted etc. often times with clear nail polish. Why can't that be good enough for you ?

Kitty

Well.... it's really the first time I've had them this long.... since I started using Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardner... They haven't been breaking so I figured I'd grow them out.... and the look pretty good... imho...

This was over a week ago... so they are a little longer now...

I'm probably going to file them back a little and see if it passes the test...

.......My Photos

They don't look that long or pointy to me.

You can tell her that, Steph!! lol

.......My Photos

Smile They are not claws!!!

Just looked at mine and they are about the same.i wonder why people love to make remarks about nail length. It isn't like you had fake ones pre spraypainted and glued on!

I'll tell her Karren. I think you have beautiful nails for a male or a female. Just right in my opinion. So what if they aren't the squared off "style", they are your nails. I used to chew mine right down and my mother complained and said I should let them grow. Since I came to terms with my feminine self, I have let them grow and keep them manicured with a nice clear coat on them now she says they look girly and that I should trim them. You will NEVER please everyone, so please yourself. Good Luck, Amber
    "in varietate concordia"

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Karen,

If you squared them off, wouldn't they look even more feminine?
    Dana Ryan

Actually I hate the French Cut look myself... Yeah that's the fad.... but they just don't look pretty to me... Ohh well... I'll get the dremel tool out and have a go at them!! lol

.......My Photos

NO NO don't cut your nails they look to good

....susie

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Actually I hate the French Cut look myself... Yeah that's the fad.... but they just don't look pretty to me... Ohh well... I'll get the dremel tool out and have a go at them!! lol
    I'll have to agree with you, they just don't look very pretty. Did you tell your wife that they don't look very pretty? <lol> Couldn't resist!
    Dana Ryan

thats ok karrenmine look alot like yours keep them clean and beautiful

I've got several of those "cut your nails" t-shirts too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG View Post

What could it hurt? Cut the nails.
    I am not trying to make anyone mad but it is a personal opinion. I think long nails on a guy is creepy. It is a small concession to make isn't it? for the sake of your marriage or peace in your home. Generally she turns a blind eye. Something like long nails is hard to explain to friends and neighbors if you know what I mean. In my profession it is hard to keep the nails long and manicured so I am ok with short well groomed nails that I keep painted etc. often times with clear nail polish. Why can't that be good enough for you ?

Kitty
    In a word, no.

Do you have to ask your husband's permission to cut your hair, trim your nails, skip putting on makeup, wear jeans or a flannel shirt? I doubt it. You get to decide what you want to look like. But we don't get that same freedom - not even half of it.

We have lived our entire lives suppressing who we are, and all we want is to be allowed to do some things that make US happy for once. This is the only life we get, so tell me, why should we have to live the entire time locking part of who we are away and being miserable for it?

If my nails aren't trimmed to the quick, it doesn't hurt anyone. It makes me feel good to have them at a length i want. After all, i can't polish them. I can't grow my hair to the length i want. I can't pierce my ears. I can't shave any part of my body other than my legs. I can't wear the clothes i want to wear in my own home unless i'm alone. I can't come out to anyone without her approval. I can't even talk about how it makes me feel with her without her giving me scornful looks half the time.

And i'm one of the "lucky" ones. She's supportive some of the time, but freaks out over miniscule changes at others. There's other occasions when she assumes some dark sinister motive for something i do. The mixed signals leave me walking on eggshells.

My nails look a lot like Karen's just with more squared off tips. No one other than my wife has ever commented on them. That being the case, in my opinion this hypersensitivity over nail length borders on paranoia.

I want some control over my appearance - actually, i want total control, but i compromise - this is one of the areas where i draw the line.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Bobbi Joseph
    sig removed - against forum rules

Karren,

Do the short squared off nail. I bet it'll look really nice on you. I have mine done that way and it looks very good and I don't get any reactions from anybody.

IMHO I think your nails look great Karen. A little longer than most men wear theirs but not extremely, femininely long. A woman with long nails (I think) can have them a good 1/2 of an inch long in the middle than even all around. The edges would be basically even with your fingers, giving a definite feminine look. That's the look I love. Yours are nowhere near that. Personally, if you do the flat front look, I would think that they need to be much longer to give the total effect most women like.
    Dawn

Those nails are NOT long at all, your wife must be very sensitive to get upset about them. Nobody else would notice or care.

There are many cultures around the world where regular men have manicures and wear clear polish. There is nothing wrong with having good clean manicured nails, it just shows you look after yourself.

Keep them exactly the way they are.

When the Beatles first started becoming popular in the US (1964), everyone thought they had really long hair! If you look at their pictures from 1964 now, it's hard to believe that anyone ever thought that their hair was long!

Your nails are not that long! The flat front look for nails is the current women's fashion fad so actually leaving them 'pointed' might draw less fem attention. However, you should wear them how you like them and not worry about anyone else.

I wear my nails close to the length in the photo except that I almost always have at least one on each hand that has broken off!