Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cut those finger nails!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well.... it's really the first time I've had them this long.... since I started using Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardner... They haven't been breaking so I figured I'd grow them out.... and the look pretty good... imho...

This was over a week ago... so they are a little longer now...

I'm probably going to file them back a little and see if it passes the test...
    Karren you have beautiful nails just the way they are! I have been having a manicure (and pedicure) for many years now because of frequent nail breakage. Since I stared getting them done I have had no problems. I wear mine about the same length as yours, but done in a pale pink! My late wife chose the color! I do get a lot of compliments on my "pretty" nails!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thanks Steph!! I'm not sad I filed them back.. I have to change the timing belt, water pump, oil and replace a coil on the van tommorow so I probably have ripped one or two off anyway!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm probably a little late with this comment, but having a wife of my own I'm sure she meant "men (as in normal men) don't have nails that long". I don't keep my nails long, but sometimes I let them get a little long when I'm going to dress and I've gotten similar comments.

Oh nice...btw...i do like long nails too...that is so beautifull with nail polish

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I was in the kitchen with my wife and noticed I had broken a nail. "Darn, I have broken a nail" I said without thinking. This brought a response from my wife to the effect "why don't you just get false nails seeing how obsessed you are with your nails lately?"

Can I take her up on that do you think

Edwina

my wife commented on mine the other day since i can only find a glossy nail hardener it was pretty obvious that they've grown out.....she didn't ask that i cut them, in fact she suggested a product she uses for cuticle care.....so my question is this: where do i find Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardener? i've been to two beauty supply stores and i can't find any matte finished hardener!

Emily, I buy it at Walgreens. It goes on a nice matte and shines up just a bit after a day or two.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I wear gloves most times for chores learning to work in them takes some pratice I ave had longish acrylics for two years now and would miss them greatly if they had to go. Morgan

Mostly Harmless...
    Those are nice fingernails, do not cut them. Though I would not call them "pointy". You can show the pic of my nails to your wife and ask if she still thinks that your nails are pointy...

This is what I'd consider pointy. I've always loved pointy nails(though after I got out of the train and had some blood on them, not mines, I started making the tops little rounder), and I'll always love'em. Plus my wife would kill me if I'd cut them away.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I like sort of pointy long too, but they can get out of one's hands. this one had been cut back before the pic was made. Then they were taken out into the garden.

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

My SO has beautiful, strong nails that also grow quickly. Mine are thin, they tear easily, and I cannot grow them to half your length! Gorgeous nail color doesn't look good on my nails because they are so short and ragged half the time. I also work a lot with my hands. It would be nice to have great nails, but it is not a priority at this time in my life.

I often tell my SO I am jealous of her nails, but I certainly do not begrudge her for having nicer finger nails than me. I am very happy she can grow them and she doesn't have to rely on acrylics or glue-ons all the time. We each have different assets, and she points out I have better teeth!

You know your wife best. But if she is a grown woman like most of the GGs I know, she realizes she has assets you do not have, and she is not jealous of your nails. That would be just too middle-school girlish petty.

I am guessing she made the comment because she does not want others to think her husband is effeminate and her fear caused her to be snappish. I saw a poll on this site sometime last year asking GGs what they fear or dislike most about the CDing. The majority said it was the fear of what other people think, not unlike the reasons that keep CDs closeted. I would imagine if an SO cannot wrap her mind around the CDing, she would be even more concerned about other people's judgments. I am not saying this is right, just that it is a reality. Have you asked her why she made the comment?

My SO met one of my sons a few weeks ago and I must admit I was afraid my son would notice the length of his nails. Not enough to say anything or make an issue of it, but it did cause inner turmoil.

IMO, your nails are very nice and although they look more feminine than the majority of guys' nails, they are not over the top, nor do I think they are too pointy. Filing them straight the way they do in salons would make them look just as feminine since this is the fashion, and nails do not grow perfectly squared off either.

But, it is up to you to decide what is more important. Your nails or your wife's peace of mind. Or maybe the two of you can reach a compromise?

/// EDIT

Ooops, sorry Karen, I just noticed your post saying you've already trimmed them back.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-10-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: see edit note
    Reine

Dont cut it off

I sense some "girl envy" she thinks u are "ultra feminine" women are always threatened by girly-girls.

I've been working to grow my nails out now for a few weeks, you notice that they're not all the same length at this point. Alas, break a nail - trim it down.. and so on.

My SO has commented that, for all intensive purposes, I wasn't allowed to put these claws near her at first. However, and to my benefit, as I've been growing them out, and caring for them more, I'm becoming more conscious of them, being careful around as I'm working and handling things, and as a result, gone as far as giving my GF full backrubs and the like without scratching her (so far.. ;-} ). Though I had to joke with my GG work teammate yesterday as I was going to open a computer up: 'They really don't make computer cases easy to open for people with long nails.. ' hehe.. she didn't skip a beat and chimed right along' "no kidding, I've been fighting just to keep them from breaking ALL the time... " Note: I'm not out at work, but obviously I'm starting to show a little more flair every so often.
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 01-15-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spellin

Quote Originally Posted by sosoft73 View Post
    I sense some "girl envy" she thinks u are "ultra feminine" women are always threatened by girly-girls.

Sosoft, I see attitudes like yours a lot here and it never ceases to amaze me. In fact, there were two or three in the beginning of this thread. I can assure you and others who share your feelings that the vast majority of us have enough confidence in ourselves to not be envious over something as trivial as nail length or a pretty dress. And we especially do not feel threatened by CDers since by virtue of your birth physical characteristics, you are not on the same playing field as we are, as sad and unfortunate as this is.

Perhaps the shoe is reversed. Perhaps you and others who make these comments are jealous of not having been born with female physical characteristics, and you project your unhappiness onto GGs?

I think your post is disrespectful. It is also not well considered, since very few people fit in the "always" or "never" scenario. Since you have not posted very much in this forum, I felt it best to address my comment to you so you can improve your chances of getting positive responses to your posts in the future.

In terms of finding a more likely reason for Karen's SOs comment, please read the majority of the posts in this thread.
    Reine

Hay Karren I have had painted nails since Aug 9th of last year. I had Acrilic nails since holloween and right now there painted bright pink. untill I painted them brite pink No man ever said any thing about them . Since I painted them brite pink I have have about 20 men comment on them , and no one has said anything bad about them.

I thought of something that all you girls could say to people if they look at them. You paint them pink and tell them it's cuz you want people to be aware of brest cancer. After all pink is the color for that campain for breast cancer awareness. Tell them that you want to help the out and this is a good way to do it. I don't care if people don't like it , I don't care if they think I'm gay. I paint my nails for me not any one else. so if you all like this idea try it and tell us how it goes. HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That's what my wife just said.... She was trying to figure out the new washer and asked for my help.... I came over and started pushing buttons and she then noticed my long, nicely manicured nails....

She said "cut those nails.... those are long... even for a woman... and pointy! No one wears pointy any more... they trim them straight"

I said "I like them pointie!! and long.... " she just looked at me and did the eye roll thing....

So you think that she ment I could keep them long if I file them flatter or cut them off completely?

BTW.... she has never had long nails.... ever.....

Too funny I relate as my GF when were shopping ,in the womens dept she say's ,your not getting them put them back rolls here eyes too ,they look to fem , I hold my head down and put them back jk,but get a generic pair uasually Levis 545 low cut 550 or 515 she goes along with gen clothes underwear too bakini cut no wild colors shirts and coats good ol girl tomboy tho hehehe,think I keep her, she's taller than me 6ft ,I don't mess with her ,we hitchen up after 8 yrs ,Elvis doin it on da strip April..should be fun I ask her, still want too ,knowing ME...heck she is a trooper....Oh by the way she I don't think has noticed my nails about 1/3 less than yours ,another week I get the eye roll, and "Get rid of them Nails
    Last edited by JennyII23; 01-17-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added

My wife said the same thing "Cut those nails". But it was because I've been keeping them long and rounded, she says the fashion is squoval. She's always complaining that I'm too old fashioned and out of date in my tastes. I find though that if I keep them squared off with just the edges rounded that they're a lot more prone to catching on things and ripping. I may go back to somewhat more rounded and not worry about what's "fashionable".

Karen,
    IMHO, the nails in your picture are exactly the length and style that I think looks great for manicured nails. What your wife was saying to you may be something different than simply fashion advice. I think squared off nails look a bit garish, to me.

cut those fingernails

Dear Kim,

In Germany they say "was sich liebt das neckt sich" that means "only the ones who loves you will thell you the througth".

So be lucky with your wife, she knows and gives you enough room to be Karren.

Lotte

His Love

Cut the Nails

I am a GG and and I am accepting of Katrina. BUT, when she dresses like a man, she looks like a freaking coke dealer. I would prefer that she have long, manly, squared off nails. She has nice hands and nails, but she has to pass in everyday society. Although I accept her as she is, my family, kids and society are not ready for it yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karen your nails are lovely and not really that long.

now mine on the other hand are lol yes they are real.
    I get the "when are you going to cut them" from friends mostly from other guys. would think after 34 years of having long nails ppl would get use to seeing them on me but sadly it hasnt happen yet. Ladies reactions "oh my god how in the world can you grow them so long, they cant be real!" lol
    more pics here http://www.flickr.com/groups/tgirlswithlongnails/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on
    the Christian religion."
    -- George Washington, 1796