Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You'd Been Born A GG

If You'd Been Born A GG

If you'd had that additional 1/4 chromosome (about 1/2 of 1% of your chromosomes) and as a result been born a GG:

1) What would "the talk" have been like*?

2) What would you have felt like (emotionally, intellectually) when your first period occurred?

3) Who (probably from your high school or college) would you have married?

* Remember, birth control pills weren't FDA approved until 1960. They were completely illegal in some states until 1965, and illegal for unmarried women in others [particularly Massachusetts] until 1972.

I'll bet #1 would have been a nightmare. My mom was/is a little tightly wound.

#2... depends on where it happened, i guess. At home in private, i might have been a little freaked at first, but i'd have coped pretty quick. In public, i'd have probably had an emotional meltdown.

#3... OMG... i actually have an answer. From college. His name was Rick, and he was the best pitcher on our baseball team. Really cute. Now here's the strange part. It was a small school, i was on the lacrosse team, and the athletes at our school were supportive of each others teams. I knew Rick fairly well, but we weren't close friends. I haven't thought of him in years. Yet, the second i read this question, his name immediately sprang to mind.

I wonder what my therapist would say about that?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Bobbi Joseph
    sig removed - against forum rules

1) Huh?
    2) I'd have freaked out....
    3) I think after the shock of #2... I'd have become a nun!! After all I do look great in black and white!!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...utton/prof.jpg
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

OMG Karen! You're like no nun i ever saw in CCD classes... Wowee!

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Bobbi Joseph
    sig removed - against forum rules

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have absolutely no idea! ..... but oh my gosh, I dream of having been born a girl. I often think about myself as I might have been (if I had been born a girl) in my teens and early 20's and 30's.

If I could have my time again .............

That said, what I have today is the best I could ever have, given the circumstances, (i.e. not being born a girl).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yeah....what Rachel said.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

for me things would have been right.

Amazing Member
    1. I wonder if I would have been as troubled about getting pregnant as Sylvia Plath, portrays herself as being, in her best known work, 'The Bell Jar.' You really have to read a book like that to understand some of the traumatic worries of being a woman if you are inclined to worry.
    2. I guess it would depend how well prepared I was. But I still think it would have been a little traumatic. In my time, that might not have been very well prepared. I guess it is a rite of passage. Women that age too are worried about what boys will think, if they get a whiff of it, or just what they really think, like are they laughing as teenage boys do, or just thinking there is something wrong or dirty about girls. Personally, when I found that males can make the same smell, I was better reconciled to it. It is human more than merely female, or at least it seemed that way.
    3. Being a shy person when young, maybe I would have tried to find a shy boy. Problem is, in the teen and twenties, a girl is mainly approached by the bolder boys, if at all. And, if she is not good looking, she may have to wait until she is more mature, and looks are not so overwhelmingly important as they are to teens, to get a chance at much dating.
    It has always amused me that men who think they would like to be women, even momentarily, always seem to imagine themselves looking like Marilyn Monroe. But it is just as possible they might have been born horse-faced, skinny, (or fat), and been shunned and lonely. (Girls who would like to be boys make a similar mistake in my experience, never realizing they might have been nerds, unathletic or the proverbial 98 pound weakling of the Charles Atlas adverts,that gets sand kicked in his face at the beach and cannot do anything about it, except go home, upset.)
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 01-08-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

OOO, goodie! A game of make believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    If you'd had that additional 1/4 chromosome (about 1/2 of 1% of your chromosomes) and as a result been born a GG:

1) What would "the talk" have been like*?

2) What would you have felt like (emotionally, intellectually) when your first period occurred?

3) Who (probably from your high school or college) would you have married?

* Remember, birth control pills weren't FDA approved until 1960. They were completely illegal in some states until 1965, and illegal for unmarried women in others [particularly Massachusetts] until 1972.
    1) Actually, it was illegal for anyone under 18 to buy condoms when I was young! So, both my sister and I got the same "talk"! No intercourse before you're 18! Then, be sure to wrap it! However, most anything else was OK.

2) My mother would have prepared and explained that to me. And I would have been the most awsome bitch on the planet, during those time!

3) My imagination doesn't run THAT far! Trying to guess what I guy I would have been attracted to, when I've never been attracted by one, means only one thing! I would have been one of the first lesbos at our school!

And, since marriage was and is, illegal in Cal., whoever I picked, ( Gail Dysktra comes to mind), we would have just lived together. Taking turns with who was on top that evening!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

#1 Knowing me i would have had to explain some of the things I was already doing to my mother. I would have been a "popular" girl (read Easy)

#2 i would have had girlfriends who would have talked about it before it happened and I would have been ready

#3 Marriage? Not until I was totally ready to settle down and he better be rich and treat me like the princess I am. And then I would have to make sure he knew i needed my space.

Hey it's my fantasy

Figure out a way to send me back in time and I will gladly answer all and any questions, Carol

I have no idea. I would have to go back in time to figure that one out. I have my doubts if I could take being dominated and controlled by a man. Then again who knows, I would have a female brain.

Hard to speculate on something like that as we are all exactly who we are supposed to be. If we weren't "WE" wouldn't be here.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wonder if I would then want to CD as a male ??????
    JoAnne Wheeler

We're assuming absolutely everything would have been the same, other than us being female. My family wouldn't have moved if I were born a girl, and life for them, and myself, would have been completely different. I probably wouldn't have been molested, at least not by the same person anyway. I still might have been hated by my older sibling, but maybe not as much. I would have spent the first seven years of school under the watchful eye of my dad (who worked in that school where we would have attended), and wouldn't have been in danger of being beaten up all the time. I would have lived closer to my classmates, and I suppose would have had at least some friends. My mom wouldn't have had to go back to work; maybe she would have taken more of an interest in my school work. Either way, I was supposed to be a 'superachiever', but it never happened. Sister was usually the smartest in her class, maybe I would have been too. Still would have been tall, though, probably about 5'11", same as my sister. My desire to be a doctor was caused when my sister had scarlet fever when she was seven, and the doc came to see her every day; I attributed her recovery to him, and wanted to be a doctor ever since then. Now, if we hadn't moved, she probably wouldn't have caught that disease, and the desire to pursue medicine probably wouldn't have been there. Probably would have wound up being a teacher or something.

There's really to much that would have changed to make any 'It would have been like this' hindsights. but here they are anyway.

1. I never had 'the talk' as a boy. Don't know if my sister did either. We had to rely on the basic information given in school at the time, which was sparse.
    2. First period? don't know. Sister started hers I think at about 14. I don't remember any fanfare. I suppose I would have been happy to get it, because most girls started a bit earlier than that. It must have been tough on my sister to sexually develop later than the rest of her friends; she wore an 'A' cup until she got out of high school. I guess I would have gone through the same type of development.
    3. I probably wouldn't have dated much; the very tall girls in my high school class didn't date at all as far as I can remember. As a girl, we wouldn't have been making the choices as to who we dated, the boys made those decisions. There weren't any girls who 'had every guy after her'. Back then nearly every girl was on the 'waiting for him to ask me' platform. And, I never really paid attention to the boys, other than to avoid them. Even today, I couldn't tell you which males are attractive and which are not. Based primarily on how I was treated by males as a child, I find all males equally repulsive physically.

There you go.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I just have to reply to this one -- and it has to be in my own unqiue style. I like to think that if I was born a GG, I'd be the same person only in a different package. I'd have still been a bit of loner, I wouldn't have married anyone from my school, and I wouldn't have been too happy about my first period.

But -- I'd like to think I'd be a CDer, an FTM one! I'd have been a total tomboy forced by my mum to be girly-girl. My fond memories would be:

-The 1st time I snuck into the boys washroom at school
    -My first pair of boy's underwear
    -Moving out from parents and getting a boy's haircut
    -My first suit and tie

Fascinating way to look at things!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    1) Huh?
    2) I'd have freaked out....
    3) I think after the shock of #2... I'd have become a nun!!
    OK here goes my take on this one.........

1) Ditto to Karren, [what talk?, lol]
    2) Ditto to karren, & a holy shit added for good measure, lol
    3) I'm not a Lesbian, but my girlfriend is.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

O'how I wish....
    But, you know things always look greener on the other side of the fence.
    Growing up before the 1960's you would not have had the luxury of pantyhose.
    Being a female you didn't need to worry about the military draft back then.
    Maybe on the "other side" my wish will come true.
    Jessica

I would probably have been a tomboy and still had the hobbies i,ve got now!!!!
    As for the questions, i,ve no idea what the answers would be as i wasn,t born a GG

I came across an older book yesterday originally printed in 1971. The title is: "Our bodies, Ourselves" a book by and for women. This should be required reading for every CD or anyone who wants to be or who wants to emulate a woman. It is a real eye opener and any guy who reads this may want to think twice and ponder whether he could really hack it. I know it greatly enhanced my appreciation of what our genetic female friends go through even more so than it was before.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well #1 would have been NEVER EVER DO THAT!
    #2 Thanked God because I payed no mind to #1
    And #3 none of them.
    Angie

If I had been born a GG...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

oh.. ah... sorry, you asked specific questions,

1) Like I already know all that mom, can I go out with my girlfriends now.

2) Woohoo, I am old enough now, let the party begin.

3) Marriage...hopefully my SO.
    No closet is big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    I came across an older book yesterday originally printed in 1971. The title is: "Our bodies, Ourselves" a book by and for women. This should be required reading for every CD or anyone who wants to be or who wants to emulate a woman. It is a real eye opener and any guy who reads this may want to think twice and ponder whether he could really hack it. I know it greatly enhanced my appreciation of what our genetic female friends go through even more so than it was before.
    Interesting, Arianna, but that particular book is a product of the period during which "Feminists" were trying so hard to be miniature men; for them, everything on the male side of the line was greener and they suffered from constant penis envy.

Our "genetic female friends" outlive our genetic male friends by about 7 years on the average.

They get to have children and be moms.

It wouldn't be too hard to make a long list of the perks of being female vs. male. Wouldn't it be more realistic to feel sorry for men?

Gold Member
    BobbiJ - You apparently missed Karren's nun pictures.

I often dream about what things would have been like if I had been born female and like more than a few of you here have thought that my life would have been so much better. I think to myself that I wouldn't be quite so issolate though I don't know this but it's a part of my dream. I think about the children I might have had and what they might be like. Never thought about what my husband / partner would be like......I'm not that kind.

Like for many GG's he may well have turned out to be a b*$t**d like my sisters did and like her I'd now be a single mum. It would have been nice to have kids though (mostly). If I had been a GG I guess I would have been as drop dead gorgeous as mum and sis are. All the GG's in my familly have been real stunners so I would have been really pigged if I wasn't the same.

I hope I would have been a girly girl. I often giggle at the thought that I have more skirts than any GG I know and wear them more regularly. I bet if I had been a GG I wouldn't have worn skirts anywhere near as much.

Don't know what the talk would have been like though I probably would have thought I knew all about it because girls talk (have you noticed that?)

I guess it would have been anticipated and hopefully free from pain - some girls go through hell at 'that' time of the month.

Not sure who I would have married as I don't look at men. Mum used to have a small hotel and we used to have groups of men come for boozy weekends and to get laid (Blackpool) so perhaps it may have been one of them. Who knows? Hope whoever it was that he would have been romantic, solvent and made me a good loving husband and (most important) been a great dad to his kids.

I would die if I had kids who - like most of those where I live - turned out to be brats and a dad has an important part in preventing this.