Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walking in high heel boots

When first wearing heels back in my teens I am sure it was all wrong but over the years have got wearing heels down other than 6 inch heels which I do not wear outside very much.
    SRS January 27

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post
    Cowboy boots are a closeted [or unsupportive SO having] CD'ers best friend.
    All the heel without any of the worry, lol
    Oh, so true. For years my cowboy boots were not only the only kinds of boots I owned, but were my first leap into the study of walking in a high heel. Funny thing is, is that obviously I'm more comfortable in cowboy boots than my new high heel boots. Naturally I'm going through the growing pains of women's heels, but so far, so good.
    "The privelage of a lifetime is being who you are."

- Joseph Campbell

sunny with a high of 75!
    I have 4 pairs of womens' boots, only one is appropriate for days other than Halloween. I've never worn the ladies' under jeans, but I do regularly wear men's cowboys in drab. The sound is different because the footfall is different- I intentionally continue to clump around in my cowboys, shoulders hunched over slightly, as part of the disguise (think of having just dismounted from your horse). When Robin comes out, the shoulders go back, chin goes up, and my walk is led by my lower abdomen/upper thighs. This results in a different sound because the feet are gliding more, have more criss-cross action and hip wiggle as mentioned above.

I have loads of pairs of boot. cowgirl boots have the smallest heel and are easy to get on. Im lucky enought that despite my 6ft 3 height I have small feet for my height, best size is womens uk size 8 1/2 so with a little stetching size 8 (were most fem boot ranges end) fit me fine. Have some 4 inch heeled boots and love the way they firm up my calfs and firm up my bum (butt). Have been out in the car in the lower heels and can drive OK in them but not the higher ones. Have also walked outside in the lower ones and whilst noticed have not had advese comment. Did have some unwanted attention though once whilst wearing 60 den' black tights under jeans with trainers. A young girl in a shopping centre (mall) said to her friend "oh look theirs a man wearing tights (pantyhose)" then they both had a giggle. I felt as if everbody was looking and was soooooooooo embarrased Got through it though and I wear tights most of the time now.

Oh yes they certainly do notice. I find it better to wear the wedged type heeled boot with a soft sole that doesnt make a noise when I walk. Most people don't notice but some do. Who cares!
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Talking

Tend to go with smaller heel/boots like 2 inch. Some notice but who cares. Save the 3 plus heels for those times I feel brave. However, those heels with hard bottoms sure do make a noticeable noise :-)

I don't know how many of you are Star Trek fans to remember that the male crew used to wear boots with about a 2" heel. I always though that was cool. Too bad that particuler fashion never caught on.