Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your SO borrow your clothing?

Does your SO borrow your clothing?

I realize this may have been a topic of conversation before, so...please forgive my noobieness, but this is an intriguing subject for me, because my wife, who knows but does not partipate in my crossdressing is not averse to sometimes wearing my things.

We're only 1" different in height, she a size 12 skirt with me either a 12 or 14 depending on cut, so...we're not that dissimilar.. Anyway, last night, were getting ready to go a nice, pretty formal event. I chose my very dark green Italian wool suit, my spouse a lovely medium-grey cowlneck dress which she knows I love....

Getting into her light grey pantyhose, she puts a run on them and starts mildly cursing because the were the only grey hose she had. In five seconds she looks at me and says 'do you have any grey pantihose?' I double take and stare at her, and sheepishly say 'yes, I think so', to which she responds 'can I borrow them?'

I go to 'my other drawer' as she calls it, rummage through my hosiery, find it and gher the package. She starts putting them on and says 'drats, honey, I cant wear these, they arent control tops'. To which I reply 'You know that I like girdles and because of that, I never get control top hose. Do you want me to lend you one of my softer, lighter girdles?' three second silence, then 'okay'.

I amble over to the other room again, search thru my stash of girdles and pull out a nice Va Bien high-waist in black and give it to her. She slips it on, admires herself in the mirror and says 'ohh, honey, this is nice....I have to get me one of these'. My reply was 'Hon, if you like it, keep it because it's too light control for me'.

We had a lovely dinner and evening, and....returning home was even better...

Does your spouse borrow your clothing or accesories, even if she does not actively share in your CD'ing?

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Yes, we share everything but shoes and bras. I don't think of the clothes as mine or hers, more like ours.

Hugs, Marci and Julie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Bought an XL waist cincher on ebay & it was a little small, so gave it to the wife last night. She looked very sexy in it grrrrrr!! Guess I need a 2XL. So, in return she gave me one of her old 1/2 slips & some exercise pants. That's a trade for u!

Nope sizes aren't even close....but we've got to sharing make up though....does that count???? and the other nite I was doing my toe nails and she decided that I should wear the same shade of pink that she's wearing..so now we have matching painted toes....

Gold Member
    My wife came up to me and said she was looking through my tops and wanted to borrow a few winter ones. This got me thinking about the other thread where everyone was saying not to borrow your wives clothing without asking. The borrowing goes both ways!

While we can't share clothes, do to size differences, we have been known to share jewelry, scarves, and makeup. But then my wife likes having a girlfriend in the house to borrow from!
    Tina

Former Member
    Because of wearing different sizes, about the only thing we can share are skirts. We wear the same size bottoms. Since she doesn't wear skirts very often, there's not much danger of her borrowing my clothes. It's kind of funny though when she puts on a pair of my women's jeans and realizes that they are mine because they are too long......

All the TIME! hehe. She has borrowed my tops and such. I borrow from her all the time too, we pretty much share everything!

-B.

If I find a SO, I'll let you know.
    Cary

That's a great story Helen.

My wife has not borrowed anything on mine knowingly. However, once we were getting ready to go out to an office party and she could not find any black hose. I quietly went to my drawer and pulled some out, then acted like I had found them in the closet. LOL... hey we were not late!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow! Great story Helen. I love hearing things like this that have a happy ending.

My wife and I also share clothing. She is very accepting (and encouraging) of my CDing and thinks it's fun. Consequently we often go out as "two girls" and wear each others stuff. I am a little bit smaller than her, my shoes size is smaller too, also she has bigger hips than me (even with my padding) so I can't wear any of her "bottoms". Her tops, blouses, sweaters etc though, .... no problem.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I wish she did! She strongly disapproves of my cd habbits. However we are fairly close in size. Size 10, but she has lost weight so she can now wear size 8, most of the time. Shoes--no way, but I have a few really nice dresses that would fit her, beautifully. I really hope she asks--or just takes something--it would be a big sign of acceptance. I am bolder now. More stuff stored inside--not out in the shed. I just counted 8 wigs in my closet. And 3 suits and 5 dresses in my closet. See avatar. She knows--but usually refuses to touch, look at, or talk about my girly stuff. I just hope she has a bad hair day. I can come to her rescue. LOL!

Yes

When we first moved in together I woke up early one morning and dressed in the dark so I wouldn't wake her. I pulled a pair of jeans from our closet and put them on. I have to wear coveralls over my clothes at work, so I slipped them on and left. Later in the day I slipped my hand into my pocket to get something and realized how shallow the pockets were. I had grabbed a pair of her jeans by mistake! When I called her at lunch time and told her, she laughed her head off. Since then we share everything that fits! We don't ask, because we don't have to. (We do occasionally check with each other to make sure the other wasn't planning on wearing it.)
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

My wife wears my bras.
    Ally

She does not borrow, she takes. Mostly pantyhose's as she buys only the cheaper ones and discovered that mines are better. But every once in a while, some of my panties disappeared too.

I think it is funny.

Hugs,

Yes,my wife and I share each other's clothing-tops, skirts, jeans,pantyhose and some shapers. It is nice to wear the same size as she does-in most things anyway. We cannot share shoes as my "canal boats" are too big for her.

Joanne

As an SO I'll answer

We share everything except for bras and shoes.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sometimes she'll borrow one of my tops. There's a really nice black bra that I like to borrow from her. She says it always fits more comfortable on her after I wear it for a while. lol She'll wear my wig sometimes too. She has long, beautiful (real) hair of her own, but likes to wear a wig from time to time.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Some funny stories here..thanks for a couple good chuckles....

However, most of you who have responded appear to have fully supporting SOs, while mine is NOT so. She has known about my crossdressing since before we married (over 26 years ago) and knows (or suspects) I have been out and about when she's traveling, but our 'dont ask, dont tell' arrangement have made this a almost taboo subject and I have never worn any female clothing in her presence, except a few of my very firm, high waist zippered girdles to help my back sometimes -I've had two back surgeries. .

Then, out of the blue, these instances happen, which I find very intriguing. Two years ago, she was putting on one of her fave black skirts for a wake and damaged its zipper, and asked me if I had one. I showed her two, she picked one of them (from Black and While, she has good taste) and wore it, then gave it back to me afterwards with the same compliments...'nice skirt, hon'.

very, very confusing
    LOL!!!!!

She sure has. There have been times she has worn my half slips and alot of my blouses. We have even traded bras at times.

No sharing in my house. Still no acceptance. Anyway, we aren't the same sizes so it wouldn't really matter anyhow. At least that's what I tell myself.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Yes we share! Clothes, makeup, hosiery, jewelry,most every thing except for her smaller tops and shoes

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Sharing

Yes we share except shoes, and slacks (I have a 31" inside leg). On one occasion in November we were going out and I wore a nice bright green sweater, then when my SO arrived (we are neighbors) she was wearing the same sweater! I made the change!
    Lesley Ann

My wife has Borrowed a skirt now and then.
    Angie

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    All the time, and not that I'm complaining. Last night I loaned her a pair of tights to go with an outfit she was wearing. I recently found out why I go through lots eye liner, mascara, and blush. The only downside was when she decided to wear one of my favorite dresses to bed.