Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID's and Credit Cards in Femme name

ID's and Credit Cards in Femme name

I noticed how some of the girls on here were able to obtain an additional legal ID in their state with their femme name and photo on it, yet still have their male driver's license. I couldn't find if it's legal in my state to do that (Virginia...and probably not), so I did a "fake ID" search. There's a company called theidshop that sells realistic looking fake ID's for about $100. Obviously don't use that as your driver's license if you get pulled over, but maybe for going into a club is different...

The other thing was why not get an additional credit card sent to you with your femme name once you have an id? I might have to look further into it.

What I've done before is not worried about any of it and just used my regular male ID and credit cards for everything.

Just a thought.

I would like a State ID card and like you I don't know if we have such a thing. It is very easy to get a credit card in your femme name by adding it on your card that has your male name on it - you might want to get your male card with just your initials and last name, assuming your femme name would correspond to the initials on your male card. That is what I did.
    JoAnne Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    ........... There's a company called theidshop that sells realistic looking fake ID's for about $100...........

The other thing was why not get an additional credit card sent to you with your femme name once you have an id? I might have to look further into it.....
    I would think applying for a card w/ a fake ID would be trouble, even if your intent is basically honest. Call your card co. and ask them if you can get one with your fem name, they might give you one.
    I'd skip the false ID except for like you said maybe to use in bars etc... .

Another thought is your card co. can add both names on your cards if you requested it.
    Last edited by Jess_cd32; 01-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I am so grateful that I live in the Uk where there is no need for either ID photos or titles on our Credit Cards.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Enough bars and clubs here in Wisconsin take your ID at the entrance and they have a scanning system that checks with the state ID database, if its a fake ID chances are it wont work if those clubs do the same thing, which can result in major trouble and one long night. I suggest you be careful about this if you were to go through getting a fake one, Id simply true for a valid legal ID

Most credit card companies allow you to order another credit card in someone elses name as long as its understood that the billing will still be your responsibility. This allows people to let their spuses, girlfriends, children etc. to have thier own credit cards in their name to make it more convienant. If I were you I would just ask your credit card company to send you a card in your fem name. They usually don't ask for anymore information except the name and possibly the relationship.

By the way...this isn't for me... just something I was thinking about for others. I know.. I'm a bad influence . I'm fine using my own credit cards and ID and I've never had an issue.

In my area of Ma. there have been many police stings to target people who use fake IDs , so my suggestion would be to stay far away from fake IDs it could cost you more than the initial fee !
    Tomara

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Warning!

Do NOT attempt this!

I work for a bank, one of the (top 5) largest (and still profitable ) in the USofA, and I can say without hesitance that you should NOT attempt this.

We have a very system called Know Your Customer that specifically targets things like this, and you run this risk of being accused of fraud, being out-ed when you least expect it, and more hassles than it is worth - at very least.

Even trying get a card with just an initial, if your boy name and femme names start with the same letter, could lead to mess ups on your credit profile, that would hard top explain.

Only advise I can give is get a prepaid Visa or Mastercard that can be reloaded. The shop till you drop!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I've thought a lot about this recently as I buy online lots and some folks get confused. If I buy in my fem name I have difficulty collecting the item from the post office (UK) as they need id in the name of the person the parcel is addressed to, If I buy in my male name then some of the traders I buy from are a bit prickly. Also the stupid posties - who cant seem to post stuff to the right address are talking about me (or so a friend says who works for royal mail) I hate this big time!!!!

My solution. I'm going to change my name by deed poll and then I can legally ask my badk, Card companies etc to issue cards in my fem name that's one reason why I called myself Leslie (unisex name) Anne-Marie (sexy Fem name) the cards will be Mr Leslie A Smith. I will be able to order in my own name (Leslie) and put Ms, easy to explain away if I need to - not quite up to outing.

Thats it, I'm gone
    Last edited by Anne-Marie; 01-12-2009 at 05:38 PM.

getting a card with just your first initials and last name can be had but when the clerk runs it through the computer it shows the full name it was issued under. I discovered this when using my credit card with only my first initials on the card which is the same as my femme name but I noticed my male name on the clerks computer. No one has ever said anything to me. The only time I had a reaction from the clerk is when the card failed to go thru and the clerk asked for my card which has my male picture on it. He did a double take made a comment about having nice earings I smiled and that was it.

I have just always used my male drivers license and credit cards when out and about enfemme. And I have not had any problems. But I have had some surprised looks. I just smile. To me it is not a big deal. But I also just feel like a joe in a skirt no matter how feminine I am dressed. I also figure it is one little thing I can do to help educate the general public. If we "pass" completely and they do not know we are CDers, how are we educating the general public. But my goal is for acceptance and tolerance for who I am. It is not to be able to pass.

kim
    joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I haven't thought about getting a fake ID with my female information.
    However, I do have a Florida ID card in addition to my drivers license, the only difference is my picture is me in femme. Everything else is the same.
    I've used it several times without any issues and even used it to apply for a Khol's credit card.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Most times I swipe my credit card, so they don't even see it. And at VS the other week, the SO asked for my ID so I showed her my DL and she said thank you ma'am. It was my male DL. But they made a $150 sale. Do you think they would turn down a $150 sale, not in this lifetime...BJ

Aspiring Member
    I am lucky to have a unisex first name. The last time I renewed my drivers license I went enfem and had my picture taken wearing makeup and my hair was curled. I sent in my FOID information with a fem picture of me. When it came back they had changed the M to F under sex.

Banned Read only cd_britney_426's Avatar
    I can certainly see the benefit of this but there is also a risk. I was at a drive through the other day in my girl self with a TS friend and the man called me sir even though I think I was pretty passable. She corrected the guy and he didn't seem ignorant or prejudiced in any way and it was only until after I left that I realized why I was called sir--the credit card. My male name cannot be mistaken for a female name by any means so in such a case it would be useful to have a card with your femme name.

There are reasons not to do this, however. If you are not full time and not out to everyone you run a few risks here. First, if you are using bank cards (ATM, debit, credit) you need to protect yourself from fraud. Legally I am not Britney so if I sign something as Britney and then something goes wrong I would have a lot of explaining to do. It may also make it harder for a fraud case to turn to your side and if you are using a false name could even make you look guilty of something. As to identification, if something happens to you and family or friends need to be notified then they can't be notified if no one knows who you are. If you are in an accident, unconscious, and rushed to the hospital and are only carrying a fake femme name it creates several problems. The hospital can't pull up your medical records because they don't know who you are which could delay things such as a blood transfusion. Second, if the police are involved and need to look up your information so that family can be notified then again they don't know who you are which would make it impossible.

Personally, I wish the U.S. was not such a police state where you need an ID for every little thing but that is what it is and we have to play the game properly. People go by nicknames that aren't even close to their real name and there is nothing illegal in doing so. If you must show an ID or sign for something then just do so in your legal name but use your nickname (i.e. femme name) as appropriate in the conversation. If you are full time but just haven't had a chance to legally change your name then you can probably fill out forms by writing your legal name but with your femme name in parenthesis. So if I'm Joe Schmoe I would write on a government or other form, "Joe (Britney) Schmoe" or where applications have a sepearate section for a nickname you would put "Name: Joe Schmoe" and "Nickname: Britney [femme last name]."

Not to state the obvious but if you are full time and everybody knows then I wouldn't hestitate to do the legal name change! You might even be able to change your name to be a combination of both. For instance you could legally change your name to remove your existing middle name and replace it with the femme first name you use. Then in male mode you sign with your first and last name but in femme mode you sign with your middle and last which is likely to be legal. Interesting stuff to ponder. Britney

When I am out en-femme and need to show my ID, I simply hand them my driver's license and say, "Sorry, the picture is not a very good likeness." It has never failed to add a touch of lightness to the situation and the transactions have always proceeded amicably.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Dba

Has anyone considered starting a business in your femme name, and then getting a business credit card?

Also, I know a number of women who use a "professional name" in addition to their married name. They have credit cards in their professional name but I just don't know how this is done.

Since it is so easy to start an on-line business these days, that's the line I would look into if I wanted to go this route, since then the card is "DBA" (doing business as). I know a number of people who have done this, but just don't know the legalities of it.

Anyone know?

tina

Quote Originally Posted by cd_britney_426 View Post
    Not to state the obvious but if you are full time and everybody knows then I wouldn't hestitate to do the legal name change! You might even be able to change your name to be a combination of both. For instance you could legally change your name to remove your existing middle name and replace it with the femme first name you use. Then in male mode you sign with your first and last name but in femme mode you sign with your middle and last which is likely to be legal. Interesting stuff to ponder. Britney
    Amusingly, I use my actual legal middle name as my femme name already. Didn't have to change it legally.

That said, I've thought about getting an 'alternate' credit card, but really I haven't needed it. Usually I'm either at a location that's LGBT friendly (and they see mismatches anyway), or I plan ahead and carry enough cash for my outing.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

Wink Got a credit card!

I managed to get an additional card on one of my credit cards several years ago. So far I have only used it to fill up car with fuel. Different issuers wanted more details than others, so I went with one that asked for minimum details and I requested that no PIN was issued for card to be used at ATMs. The card was sent to main cardholder, so there was no mail in Rachael's name.

Then, when UK went chip and pin a couple of years ago, a PIN had to be issued direct to the additional cardholder at my home address. Thankfully, I usually get to the mail before my grown-up daughter who would surely have had a few questions like "Who is Rachael?" if she had spotted a letter in her name.

Gurls, remember to spend wisely during these times of recession. Your male side still has to settle the account each month!

Luv

Rachael
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I do have a credit card in my name, and so far I have had no problems with it (it is a second card, the first in my male name,and I sign the checks that way). So far I have had no hassles. But I will think about Toni-Lynn's reply -- and Holly, your comebacker is terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    .......I couldn't find if it's legal in my state to do that (Virginia...and probably not).......
    The last I heard, you can no longer hold both a Virginia drivers licence and a non-drivers state ID card in Virginia at the same time.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Sam-antha wrote I am so grateful that I live in the Uk where there is no need for either ID photos or titles on our Credit Cards.
    So far, Samantha, lets just hope it stays that way, or getting any credit card in another name will be near impossible once the Big Brother government has us all logged.

Idenity

Like Sam-Antha, I live in the UK and as she correctly states at the moment ID cards are not required (although the Government is in the process of changing all that in time for 2012) However, I also shop on line in my femme name, and I have had the problem of collecting parcel's from the post office, as you require, if not a driver's license then a utility bill, in the past I have said that Lesley Ann is my cousin who is staying with me but lives in Devon, so she does not have either. It is I have just realized a long and boring story, so I'll finish by saying I eventually got my parcels, and I am looking at various idea's regarding proper ID for Lesley. If there is a will there must be a way.....!
    Lesley Ann.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyS View Post
    I have just always used my male drivers license and credit cards when out and about enfemme. And I have not had any problems. But I have had some surprised looks. I just smile. To me it is not a big deal. joe in a skirt
    Same here. Have never had a problem or even a comment. If they think I am a man, they are indeed correct. If they thought I was a woman, I try my best. I don't worry about being made. I don't dress to impress, I dress to express how I feel. So however they read me is okay.
    Bethany
    yin/yang