Thread: Cancer and Crossdressing

Cancer and Crossdressing

Hi Folks -

It's been some time since I posted but now is a good time to catch up.

For 2 years I've been battling matestic colon cancer. However, I recently had a PET Scan that showed the colon cancer is not active. The tumors are still there but are not growing or spreading. This is marvelous news.

How does this relate to crossdressing. Well every since my colon cancer came back in 2007 I decided that I no longer wanted to hide the crossdressing side of myself. Life (specifically mine) is too short not to do what you want to do .... as long as it doesn't negatively impact on others. My Maggie Katherine side of myself is (in my opinion) is an enjoyable lovable person.

My counselor has been supporting me as I try to live a little bit more out than before. I'm fortunate that I have a position that I can take my summers off and live more out. This summer if the cancer stays inactive I am going someplace where I can be Maggie Katherine 24/7.

I wish everyone peace and good fortune in 2009.

Hugs - Maggie

Hi Maggie!
    That is great news about the cancer being dormant!
    It is, however, sad that we have to face our own mortality before we can see the big picture. I have been through a somewhat similar enlightenment envolving a heart attack. Things like these tend to open the eyes to what is really important.

I am sorry to hear about your cancer, but so happy to hear that it isn't growing. That is marvelous. I will keep you in my prayers.

I'm pleased that yr cancer is dormant maggie. I think the reason that many of us have come out rather later in life is because we are conscious of our own mortality and want to grab the opportunity to be who we are before it is too late

mitch

Maggie, I am truly sorry to hear about your cancer, but I am glad to hear the results of your tests and PET Scan. Life is way too short. If you enjoy and want to be Maggie, then by all means do so.
    Love you,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by maggiecdva View Post
    .......How does this relate to crossdressing. Well every since my colon cancer came back in 2007 I decided that I no longer wanted to hide the crossdressing side of myself. Life (specifically mine) is too short not to do what you want to do .... as long as it doesn't negatively impact on others. My Maggie Katherine side of myself is (in my opinion) is an enjoyable lovable person.

Hugs - Maggie
    I can understand your reasoning whole heartedly, but my life changing situation was different. Glad to hear your doing well now and wish you the best.
    Life truly is to short your right, so why not make the best of it and enjoy the cd-ing, I'm living that advice also now more and more and am happier because of it.

Recently I just told my SO I cd and we're trying to work thru that, but as you said, live for today and I plan on doing just that like you are.

Banned Read only
    I'm no doctor, but I've got a wild theory here. When you decided to be more open with the CDing, your stress level went down, and your immune system returned to normal.

Glad your are in remission Maggie and I can relate to how you feel about making the most out of life. My cancer scare was over 25 years ago and after surviving a very tough year of treatments I decided to smell the flowers too. A word of warning though, survival doesn't give you a pass on making bad decisions. I nearly made a huge mistake and am fortunate that it didn't lead to breaking up my family. Yes, live life to the fullest but if there are others involved please do so responsibly.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hang in there Maggie!

That's great news about your cancer! Hope it remains inactive forever!

THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST!
    From now on, I'm going say I CD because IT CURES CANCER!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Prayers for you

[SIZE="3"]Hi Maggie. Thank God the cancer is dormant. I will put you on my prayer list. Maybe the Cding will help in your therapy.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".