Thread: Best TG Friendly City?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best TG Friendly City?

We all know that San Fransisco is extremely openminded about LGBT issues. I was wondering what other cities are like that besides the obvious like San Fran, NY ect...
    I will be graduating from College soon, and would love to move to a place where I can ski alot, in a big market with oportunities, that is TG friendly as well, or progressive. Any ideas of any cities in general that would be good to go to?

Missoula

Missoula, Montana is the place you wanna be, just load up yer truck and move from Beverly... Really, it is a great place. But, then again, anywhere in Montana is a great place.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    My vote would go to Winnipeg

Denver is where you wanna be, very progressive, and about 45 minutes from some sweet powder

Boston is a great place, not far from lots of skiing in NH and Maine. There is a very active T-girl community here and people in the larger cities like Cambridge and Boston are very accepting for the most part. Both those cities also have specific gender ordinances that protect us and give us the RIGHT to use the proper rest room for our presentation.
    Sally

Winnipeg?? That's because everyone is covered head to toe in winter wear 11 months out of the year. The last month is bug season.
    Montreal is the place to be.

San Diego, CA has been really good to me.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTV View Post
    Winnipeg?? That's because everyone is covered head to toe in winter wear 11 months out of the year. The last month is bug season.
    Now, you might not be hearty enough to wear a short skirt at -20C, but the gurls and girls around here (Winnipeg) are! No, the head-to-toe covering here is reserved for mosquito season!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Jameson View Post
    Denver is where you wanna be, very progressive, and about 45 minutes from some sweet powder
    I'll agree to a point. Overall Denver is the top pick. Mountains and other ammenities but the night life in this town bites. Soooo, if you wanna go out and party you may want to reconsider. Other than that it is great here

Quote Originally Posted by Darla L View Post
    Missoula, Montana is the place you wanna be, just load up yer truck and move from Beverly... Really, it is a great place. But, then again, anywhere in Montana is a great place.
    I've spent a lot of time in Montana. I'd say Missoula is actually a nice place. Though I'm still not sure if it's necessarily a really friendly sort of area. Though I have met so many wonderful and accepting people out there. Especially when I was working in Yellowstone last summer. Though technically that was Wyoming.

I'd sure like to know
    JoAnne Wheeler

The best tg-friendly city? Well, it sure as hell ain't where I live!

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. I've had my fill of this crappy part of the world, for more reasons than one. When I finally move, finding a good tg/cd-friendly is a must. It is very depressing to live in an area where any differences are looked down upon and crossdressing is practically unspeakable.

Keep those good cities coming! Options are good.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Speaking as a UK resident, i'd have to go with Brighton or Manchester.. parts of London are ok, but it's mostly awful..
    Brighton is for sure the best LGBT city in England!!
    When Life Gives You Lemons, Throw them Back and Ask For Chocolate!!

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    We all know that San Fransisco is extremely openminded about LGBT issues. I was wondering what other cities are like that besides the obvious like San Fran, NY ect...
    I will be graduating from College soon, and would love to move to a place where I can ski alot, in a big market with oportunities, that is TG friendly as well, or progressive. Any ideas of any cities in general that would be good to go to?
    Kym and the other girls from Austin can confirm this, but Austin Tx has been a good place for Tgirls, maybe because it is a college town

.....Tooo much WINTER WEATHER!! Atlanta's a vert t-friendly town, and you'rewell away from a lot of the winter cold!!
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Denver gets my vote, very TG friendly.

With living in Massachusetts myself, I'd have to say Provincetown

Can't help you with the desire to be near powder, but as someone who travels a great deal, I CAN offer advice on the Cities I have found to be the most accepting and fun:
    Austin Texas
    Boston
    Indianapolis
    This one is going to surprise you - Oklahoma City. People were genuinely nice to me with honest smiles.

best place I would say is Chicago. Great big city and plenty of tg, gay, lesbian friendly places.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I would recomend North Hampton Massachusetts--one of my favorite parts of the state. Definitely LGBT friendly, with specific laws protecting Trans people. It also a very highly educated area, with several notible colleges around NoHo, Amherst, Holyoke, etc. And it's most likely a lot less expensive than the big cities.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

In the United States, there's obviously the Big Three:

New York City
    San Francisco
    Chicago

San Fran and Chi-town both have the advantage over NYC in that California and Illinois have statewide anti-discrimination laws for GLBT folk.

Then there's second tier cities like Minneapolis/St. Paul (also in a state with statewide anti discrimination laws) and places like Boston, Atlanta, Indianapolis etc.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I too think Chicago is a nice place, but not for skiing.