Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long is To Long?

How Long is To Long?

My question is two parts:
    1: How often do you dress?
    2: How does it affect you when you go longer than this?

1: I would like to dress 2 or 3 times a week, though, recently, I am lucky if I dress more than once a week.
    2: I start getting depressed, short tempered, then insomnia starts setting in.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

1: I go with a women's thong five or six days/week. Anything more?: about one day-long session every two months, on average. My pattern over the past several years has been to go four months, take a few days off from work, then go 24/7 for a bit.

2. I don't really get cranky, but find I start to think about dressing all the time, if I go too long (more than six months or so), in between full dressing sessions.

I'm probably atypical though, in that I don't feel daily/weekly urges to fully dress.
    -Sedona

Every week or so with just the clothing. About once a month or so I have the time to do my make up and get really girly (well, in my mind anyway). That generally means having a whole day, or at least several hours to myself.

Hard to say really, but I think I start getting a little more stressed about crappy little things than I normally wouldn't give a toss about. Also, if I go shopping for whatever reason, the desire gets stronger to venture in the domain of the fairer sex and look longingly at the racks or great clothing.

This is a great question Intertwined, I look forward to reading other responses.

As far as often, one to three days a week. One of which is all day.
    How does long periods affect me -- I get iratated and hard to get along with that others do not understand.

For me, it's not so much about dressing as it is being.

I can be content wearing the most simple of feminine things all the time (like girl jeans & a cami top), if my situation would allow this. Not being able to, I fall back on whatever quiet time I am able to have. It can be daily quiet time but I also value the times I am able to do the full presentation (hair & makeup too).

So, to get back to your question, although I can get some daily time, it's the stretches between when I can get what I call quality girl time that I get cranky if it goes too long.

And a side comment, you seem like you're so "out", or so that's what I've gathered in reading your posts before. I'm surprised you get so little time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I dress (clothes-only) about once a week, and usually only for a couple of hours. Sometimes I can get away with a whole day of dressing up if I don't have to attend to other responsibilities.

Sometimes I have to go more than a week without dressing up and it starts to wear on me. I'm sure many of you know how frustrating it can be when you can't be you for long periods of time

I can only dress up in full makeup when all the planets are in perfect alignment and that really hurts. (forgive my not spelling out many factors) After being in full makeup and having to remove it and go back to my old face is hard. I honestly begin to miss Gabrielle and get depressed as I don't really feel like her unless in full makeup. After a full makeup session, clothes-only doesn't quite feel the same, but it's what I have to settle for.

I'm getting a little depressed right now as my next potential opportunity is pretty far off and even a potential opportunity is not a guarantee.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I dress daily. I always wear make up and underdress in some way. I wear womens jeans and tops. I wear as much womens clothing as I can get away with and still work in a male mode. I am amazed with what I get away with.
    I feel so blessed. LOL Geri

Depends on what you define as dress. I have worn panties 24/7 for over 12 years. Bras off and on for the last 10 years. Makeup only recently have really ventured in to that. Since the agreement with my wife is not to go out in public, I have very little in outwear. Sine I wear something feminie to bed 5 out 7 nights and wear panties 24/7, I would say I dress in some form daily.

Probably bored more than anything. I find mens underwear boring to wear.

how often?

I guess I dress about once a month and go out shopping etc about once every two or three months. I have a feeling that after all these years it may have something to do with a full moon
    hmmm
    Janet

Former Member
    I dress all the way once a week on average in the winter. Less often in the summer.

It doesn't really effect my mood in any way. When I go for weeks without dressing, it's because I'm really busy and I don't give it much thought.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I only go; ALL-THE-WAY!

For me, that means 1 to 2 hours of PREP TIME!

I only seem to have the time and energy for once a week. Except for special occasions! Like this week! Tomorrow, will make it 3 times this week!

You'll ALL see why, pretty soon! (Hint: see the avatar!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Dressing to me has to involve makeup, even if it's a light foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I dress at least 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes the entire weekend even if it is only womans jeans and a top. If i can't dress i get a bit cranky, i don't concentrate on my work as well either. If nothing else I will put on some lipstick while my wife and I watch TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    And a side comment, you seem like you're so "out", or so that's what I've gathered in reading your posts before. I'm surprised you get so little time.
    I was wondering who was going to ask first, you win !

My wife and daughter know, but my wife does not like to see Dobby, so I can only dress at home when she is gone, and unless I change in the back of my truck, can't dress out when she is home.

My work knows, but since one of my co-workers complained, they asked very nicely, that I do not wear skirts to work anymore, because Policy allows me to wear what I want with in reason, (i will paste that policy at end of this post).

So sometimes, like right now (been one week) I can go a week or more, and not find the time to dress. Wife has appointment tomorrow, and I have day off from work, tomorrow is looking REAL Good !

Our Employers Policy:
    Prohibits unlawful discrimination against and/or harassment of employees or job applicants on the basis of their sex, actual or perceived gender or perceived sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or veteran status, at any site and/or activity.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    My question is two parts:

1: I would like to dress 2 or 3 times a week, though, recently, I am lucky if I dress more than once a week.
    2: I start getting depressed, short tempered, then insomnia starts setting in.
    Intertwined,

I can help you there, the more you feed her the more she wants ..You have to ask yourself is it worth the isolation? Is it worth the selfish indulging? The time the effort? I ask you how far can you hold off? Yes you must give in and she will win but do you step up a level?? How far do you want to take it? what is your level?

What ever keeps you sane .....What ever makes you healthy...For me this place helps...Why ? ......Because I get a glimps of what I can turn into if I feed her, what I can become..It's up to you and your everyday life needs ,do you want to progress? yes keep feeding her ... Do you want to level it out ? No Control it..

At first Tamera got to be Tamera once a month when my support group got together or shopping once in awhile. but now since I am a server at Big Boy 30+ hrs a week, plus my support group, plus putting in applications for a 2cd job, plus going to the mall or to the zoo etc. Tamera gets to get out more. Even at home or when my male side goes out she wears her underwear or girl jeans. I have a necklace with a T charm on it that I cannot part with. I tried to get another necklace but this one has so much meaning that I cannot part with it.

When I first got my name Tamera I had a hard time picking a last name. But when I wanted it to begin with a G I asked a couple of girls in my Support Group to help me. They helped me come up with Golden. So now my name is;
    Tamera Golden, which stands for TG which has a lot of what to do with who I am. With a little help I picked out Ann for my middle name.

So between my name and my necklace. Both are dearest and close to my heart of who I am. So how much is to much? For some, one can never get enough.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

For a while I was dressing every week or so... but I haven't fully dressed in going on 2 months... and frankly it isn't bothering me one bit... Used to be I would get all wacked out about it but now... hey... it's just the way it is... I dress when I get the chance and if I don't the so what...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wink how long is to long

I underdress everyday 24/7 sleep every night in forms,bra & nightgown. Any time that i am in the house (when wife & I are alone) I dress but usually w/o make-up because I don't have time before bedtime ( usuallyabout 4 or 5 hours at the most.

rochelle

I wear panties 24/7. hose everyweekend and sometimes during the week. I sleep in some type of nightgown every night.
    Full dress maybe only a couple times a month, if that. Depending on how busy i am depends on how much I miss it

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As I have stated before, I don't wear makeup or use a wig since my wife died. However, I do wear panties every day and wear a skirt and feminine top around the house almost every day. Also, as has also been previously told, I frequently go out in public wearing female clothing! Again, without the wig or makeup! No problemo!!

Oh, and I don't go long periods without dressing. I live alone, so I can pretty much do as I want!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 01-18-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added more infromation!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I wear pantyhose at least once a week. Sometimes under my clothes at work. I get all dolled up and go out once a month. I don't like it when I'm unable to get my "gina" time in and my wife is understanding of this.

Gold Member
    I always get little bits and I think that keeps me from having any
    "separation anxiety" with my second self. Some of it is dressing to sleep and some is just throwing on some casual clothing while I am around the house and I don't have time to really go all the way.

But about every 3-4 weeks I get a shot at doing it all (nice clothing, make-up, etc), the rest I fill in with the quick change clothing. My hair is already long, so I will just play with how I pull it back or put it up.

I dress three or four times a week minus hair and makeup. I fully dress for Tri Ess meetings or if I feel like taking photos.

If I do not get a chance to dress, then I do get cranky.

Right now I dress to some degree daily, unless I come home from work so exhausted that I just collapse on the couch and fall asleep like that. Otherwise, I at least sleep in girl stuff. On days off if I don't plan on going out, I dress completely. Feels good.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When circumstances permit, I will dress for 3-4 days at a time during the week, and occasionally a weekend day. It has really become an all-or-nothing thing for me; if I can't dress all of the way (panties to hair spray), I just don't bother - it just doesn't feel right.

It has been four months since I was last able to dress (family staying with us), but I have a pretty clear sail away for most of this week. It feels wonderful to be back!

woohoo!

-jj

I wear panties nearly everyday. I fully dress sometimes once a week, usually once every 2 weeks, and it is not enough, and hasn't been for a couple of years. I am not allowed to wear anything feminine around the house that shows and that includes in bed. This is really hard as i know I am heading, slowly but surely to past the cding thing and closer to the tg thing. It's not just the wearing of clothes per se, either. it's more about the whole idea of being a woman that I am missing.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton