Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ya Gotta Have Fun

Ya Gotta Have Fun

So many of the messages posted here are about fear and despair. That can get depressing, after a while.

Whether your hobby is communicating with aliens, while wearing a tinfoil hat, dressing up like a showgirl, or merely wearing women's shoes, I will argue that you gotta have fun, while doing what you do.

Hobbies and avocations are supposed to be things we do for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy golf, then take up tennis or badminton.

Same thing for dressing. If you can't enjoy this activity, because of fear or harrassment, then why not try raising tropical fish?

But if fish aren't your fancy, how about finding a way to have fun with your current hobby?

I will be the first to admit having an eclectic wardrobe and shoe collection. Telling the truth, not everyone likes the way I dress. A few are downright rude about it. But others are quite complimentary. Things balance out.

I am an adult, though, and get to pick my own clothes. And I make it a point to enjoy the way I dress. Otherwise, I would have to get different outfits.

But I speak only for myself, and for no one else.

How about you folks? Are you having fun with your dressing hobby?

I think you've got a point there. It's so easy to get caught up in the fact that crossdressing is so 'far out there,' so, 'non-standard,'so 'forbidden,' that we sometimes forget that it's supposed to be fun.
    I'm as guilty of this as the next gal...I get so caught up in the 'what if's' that I sometimes lose sight of the fact that pretending is supposed to be fun...

I like your thinking ,and for me I have fun supporting my SO in her way of life.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Having fun being me! I've not had this much fun before - too cool for words!!!

Sarah...

xxx

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    Yup, I still have fun. Though I've not had the chance to dress (curse you parents!), I still love tossing the idea in my head and be excited to move on to what I want to truely do.

I think everyone tends to let out their more darker feelings on here because there are others on here that know those fears and can help. Negativity happens in areas like this. It's nice to have a post like this to brighten the mood
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

CROSSDRESSING is FUN - I LOVE IT ! Sometimes it drives me a little crazy, but all in all I love it
    JoAnne Wheeler

Fun is what life is all about. Its the most important thing. I get immense fun from dressing so YAY!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Like how you think
    It is ALOT of fun

when I see all the angst some go thorough...just sad
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Ladies at my age I could care less what people think, every morning when I get out of bed the fun starts. Let's see what shall I wear today, big boobs or small boobs, a dress or skirt, long wig short wig how shall I do my makeup today. Yes dressing is a fun thing and I will do it to the day I die.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I'm having a ball! I just wish I had enough time for all my hobbies!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Fun,stimulating all of the senses in a positive way,Yes I am,and I want to keep it that way,before boredom sets in I like to mix things up.I find there's always something new I can introduce to keep it exiting and fresh.

Ooh yeh I'm having fun. I can deal with being sussed out so I'm not really stressed out. If caught, I could say "heck! you think getting dressed up is wierd, I've done much kinkier things than wearing the wrong clothes. What about the time..... [insert kinky story] ".
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

Aspiring Member
    It's fun to have fun, but you've got to know how.

(Plagiarized from the Dr. Seuss book, "Green Eggs and Ham")

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't enjoy something why do it? I enjoy dressing, make up wigs, forms, the whole nine yards. So am I having fun? Hell yes and every time I dress I'm enjoying it and having with it. If my mood is not right I don't do it.

Former Member
    Hell yeah it's fun!!! If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it any more. I have had several hobbies over the years. Crossdressing is one of two that has stayed with me since I was a teenager. It's as much fun now as it was when I first started doing it.

Not a hobby...I have hobbies.
    CDing is an expression of who I am inside.
    And it is fun, really fun, really really fun!
    No closet is big enough!

As it says in my avatar, I am having fun now.

I have learned how to please the girl inside of me. And I am having fun with it. Although there was a very very long time it was a curse. Only because I made it a curse. Now me and that girl get along, and we are having fun fun fun.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Having fun? Absolutely! I enjoy it very much. I'm not sure it's a "hobby" any more than a craving for a tender, juicy steak is a hobby though.

I don't get the chance to have fun as often as I'd like, but I really do enjoy my feminine side.

The down side is having to keep it in the closet (with the exception of my wife). It really stinks when doing what you love - being yourself, which is in no way, shape, or form harmful to anyone else, can end up being so dangerous to us if discovered by others. And society's overall non-acceptance of it and how that makes crossdressers and transgendered people in general feel guilty, confused, and hopeless about who they are.

I love who I am - more so when I can really be me. I have a lot of fun. I waited too long in live to start allowing myself to really have fun without feeling guilty denying my feelings about it. I'm going to keep having fun and being who I am. I will never again deny to myself who I am - from now on, this is me and I love it and I'm happy with this part of my life - the FUN part!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I'm having the time of my life. No depression here!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Dressing is fun for me. Life is fun for the most part. Life is what you make of it--some days are just better than others.

I hope I don't come off as sounding down.. I like to cross dress in my way.. whatever that might mean..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Aspiring Member
    i did have at my peak of dressing

I try to never do anything that isn't fun, unless something important depends on it, like income (work), health (Dr's appointment), crying (funeral of a loved one). Fun motivates me, I have fun when I know that I just woke up and I am still breathing. Therefore, as you can see, I totally agree with you.

Fun is really fun!

I have so much fun being Barbara that its hard to let her go.