Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ya Gotta Have Fun

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I totally agree, but I'm also confused!

I always say, " If you're NOT having fun CDing, you're NOT doing it rite!"
    When I stop having fun, I'll stop dressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    I will be the first to admit having an eclectic wardrobe and shoe collection. Telling the truth, not everyone likes the way I dress. A few are downright rude about it. But others are quite complimentary. Things balance out.
    I didn't get this part of your post, Magickman. Since u have no pictures or avatar posted, how can anyone here be either complimentary OR rude, RE your looks?

Or, r u talking about folks u hang with live? Sorry, I just don't get it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    We shouldn't ignore the difficulties some of us may face.

But that doesn't mean we can't have fun dealling with them.

Going to some clubs late at night may not be the safest place to go, so the ebst answer is to find others in your area and go in a group, safety in numbers plus it strengthens friendships, the community and emotional support network.

Dealing with attempts to change discriminatory laws is a good excuse to look good.

Attempting to educate the public and raise our image by doing charity work like many GGs do can also be fun.

Gathering with friends, looking good and making a difference in the world all at the same time? Could you have much more fun at once?

Life in general is too short to take serious. I try to have fun or at least look at the funny side of everything. Even being online here should be fun. Laugh and the world laughs with you, buy shoes too tight and you suffer alone

Banned Read only
    I guess if you have to ask ........Is it really fun???? Or would you think that once it is accepted as a normal thing to do, would it still be having fun??? It depends on the person and what drives them to dress, I have read many post that it's just the thrill they get in dressing or that's what they say to the s/o's you know doing something that is morally wrong breaking away from soceitys rules..

Or is it because you really feel girly and have a great time expressing it ?? I don't know about the rest of you but when I have fun I like to share it thats human nature.. I sure bet tho when I am having fun there isn't a need to ask anyone else if I am..

Enjoy, it's healthy and harmless after all who are you hurting in doing it.. You only live once..

As a few others have said I would not describe dressing as either a hobby. I'm not sure it is really a fun activity either though the release I get from dressing is enjoyable. It helps me to take myself from my stress filled life to a much happier fantasy world. It helps me with a scema I have developed for myself i.e. how much better life would have been if I had been born a GG.

Dressing is also something I am driven to, I could not stop if I wanted to. Sure I could have temporary breaks and tell myself that I wouldn't dress again. I've tried this a number of times but when reality strikes the drives to dress are irresistable to me - I know some others on here feel the same.

When you add in the social aspects some of the girls on here experience with the prejudice and discrimination that a small minded minority present, I for one am not surprised by the expressions of discoragement and negativity.

Hope this makes sense

Hobby?? If you define hobby based on the definition in the Webster's dictionary you could perhaps apply that to certain people who crossdress. On the other hand the subject of crossdressing in my opinion is much more complex than just something to do for fun and enjoyment. Fear, harassment, and prejudice, is something we all experience from time to time. However rasing tropical fish is totally out of the question lol. I am comfortable with myself, take the good with the bad, and always look forward to shopping for new clothes. I do consider that a lot of fun too. Good question as it made me stop and think.

lv dana

"I didn't get this part of your post, Magickman. Since u have no pictures or avatar posted, how can anyone here be either complimentary OR rude, RE your looks?"

Good question.

No one at this site has ever been rude to me.

I meant out in the world. When I go out in the world dressed up, it seems to invite commentary. Most of the time it is women who have something to say.

Yesterday, a cashier at Wal Mart said she loved my nails. Last week, a woman at the Karaoke bar told me I look better in a skirt than she does, and another said she liked my boots.

Overall, the positive comments outnumber the negative ones at least four to one.

A few people are merely curious. "What's your story?" they ask.

"I am polymorphous," is my reply.

There are a few who are rude and crude, but I ignore them.
    Last edited by Magickman; 01-22-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    High stress, is what my male side gets to experience day in and day out. When en-femme its time to relax, enjoy and most of all have fun.

I've been working up to getting dressed for a few days now. First, it was the undergarments. Then, it was the breast forms and undergarments. Now, as in "right now", I am dressed up so sweet and sexy I could just jump up and down. If I was having any more fun than I am right now, I'd be scared.

It's ever so much fun when I'm Laura, I usally don't want to stop.
    Laura

I have an hour left. What a bummer.

I haven't had much fun in a while with anything. I've been way too busy to consider what fun is. I need to take some time and just go out and totally relax and have a good time- either in drab or dressed...just an evening out. Hmmm will have to see what my wife is doing this weekend...lol.