Thread: If someone does not like me cause I am CD I would rather they be honest.

Gold Member

If someone does not like me cause I am CD I would rather they be honest.

So the other night I told a friend of about 3 years about "Erin".
    Well he seemed pretty cool about it, saying the usual "you cannot help who you are" and "what does it matter what you like to wear?" but...
    Monday I was suppose to hang out with him, but he got busy, and didn't call back, OK fine...
    Tonight, Wednesday, we were suppose to hang out and he said "Well I am going to have to cancel cause I have a lot of cleaning to do".

Now the nasty slob has not cleaned anything in his entire life, his place is usually a dump. And now all the sudden he is worried about what his place looks like?

And I guess his wife was kind of freaked out about me being CD, like it is a big shock with my femme looks even in drab.

Why the hell can't people be honest if they have a problem with us instead of making stupid lies? I would rather them just say they cannot handle who I am. Yes it would hurt but at least it would be more honest than my friend Pig Pin saying he has to clean house.
    Gyod I hate people.

"I'll bet he's gay".. that's the first thing his wife told him what do you bet??? that's the understanding.. she's afraid you want him, what a load.. but you never know.. if you were gay she probably wouldn't have a problem with it and would let him keep hanging out with you.. people just don't get cross dressing..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Banned Read only
    Thats odd I was gonna suggest that..I am sorry that you feel you lost a friend my opinion and its just mine..A true friend would have stayed and understood, maybe it was for the better I am not sure but I do feel for your loss..

Erin, maybe your buddy needs some time to process it all. Give him a few days or maybe even a week. (That's not excusing any possibilities of the wife's input!)

Maybe he was "cleaning" his mind and making more room for acceptance. Yeah probably not

I told an ex roommate about Lori once and he looked at me and said "should I be concerned that you will attack me?" Sheesh, he was the one who hung out at the gay clubs.

Aspiring Member
    MlleErin,
    Let's face it. Since we were little we have been taught that boys don't cry; boys have to be fighters; boys don't wear girls clothing; boys that associate with boys that do these things are sissy's.
    A man has to be very secure in his masculinity to have a sissy as a friend. Wouldn't want anyone to think that he might be a sissy too. The image must be protected at all costs. The cost to your friend was loosing a good friend like you. Leanne

Erin, I think you are wrong about the difference between friends and close aquaintances. A real friend is someone that will loan you a hundred, when he knows you can't ever pay it back. It's the one who will take a day off from work to help you move. And not worry about the lost wages. You get the idea. I'm now 61 yrs old and I have a lot of close aquaintances, but only 3 friends. One of them is the guy that called me at 3am to come and bail him out of jail. I hit the ATM and on to jail. Got him out. When he went to court, the judge hit him for $500, he didn't have. I asked if the $500 I put p for bail could be used for his fine. The judge asked if I was a relative, no just a friend. He told my friend that he was really lucky to have a real friend that would help him out. A year later I got my money back....BJ

Aspiring Member
    you haven't lost much

My 3 good HS dude buddies never dumped me when they found out I cd. I met and made a friend once of a guy who went to my elementary school, but he stopped talking to me after he thought I was "cd gay."
    Last edited by KateSpade83; 01-22-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Banned Read only
    A friend will help you move.

A true friend will help you move a body.

Friends of the first type are a dime a dozen. The second type are much harder to come by. Just think of this as a winnowing process -- you're blowing off the chaff. I know it sounds harsh, but sometimes it's better to know who your real friends are -- and aren't -- before the time comes you have to really depend on them.

And remember, it speaks more to his character than it does yours.

Another variation is:
    A friend will bail you out of jail
    A true friend will be on the bench next to you.

I came out about two years ago to my family and closest friends, Most of them don't mind but there are only a couple who don't mind seeing Khelli. My best male friend just can't handle it at all. We just don't discuss it, though I often underdress when I go over to play cards. He had a flash of stocking the other night when I was adjusting my socks, he didn't say anything, niether did I. I also found out another friend was on the down low and wanted to know if I wanted to, I didn't.

I agree 100% ! Just be honest with me - even if you don't understand - be honest and tell me why you dislike me or think I am Gay or sometype of freak.

JoAnne Wheeler

I’ve learned a lot about people and how they think this past couple years and some are not to acepting in this stuff etc and can be right nastys too , if folk can’t except you for the way you are then there not worth knowing believe me, your friend is acting like a idiot if you ask me, he'd been better to be honest and open about how he felt at the time, I wouldn’t bother to contact him again, wait and see if he contacts you now, if he doesnt then your have your answer, my response to this question is a bit blunt, sorry it's just I have very little time for people like this now!

Personally if I had a mate that said “I’m a cd” lol my initial thought would be “cool someone to practice makeup on” hehe.

If people can't be honest then they are not real friends.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I personally use my crossdressing as a way to find out who the "good" friends are. I tell them, and if they could care less, then they MAY be a good candidate for a friend. Of course sometimes they still turn out to be worthless as friends

I agree with the others though, your better off without them, if they can't handle it.

MissCon....shhhhh no one was sposed to know about that body. Goodbye Earl!

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    A friend will help you move.

A true friend will help you move a body.
    Is that from experience? Should we be worried?

On the losing a friend note, however, it's probably more influenced by the wife. She's probably thinking that you'll either try to get with him or that you'll infect him with gay. If you really miss him as being a friend, maybe you should go over and sit with he and his wife and talk to them.

Then again, there's the option of showing up with a French Maid outfit on and offering to help clean for him, too!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    If you really miss him as being a friend, maybe you should go over and sit with he and his wife and talk to them.

Then again, there's the option of showing up with a French Maid outfit on and offering to help clean for him, too!
    I am sure that would go over like a fart in church, with the french maid outfit.

YOu know though with some guys who have this "do I have to worry about you wanting me?" crap going on, I think some guys just like to flatter themselves. My "friend" is not like some hot guy.

Yeah, I don't have any "hot" guy friends either. I've been fortunate that I haven't had friends run away when I've told them that I've dressed. My best friend doesn't really care, but he doesn't really want to see it or know about it. I just don't bring it up around him, although he'll casually crack a joke. I know with him, his random comments are all in fun though and completely harmless.