Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessica got pulled over!

Just A Girl Next Door

Jessica got pulled over!

Long one of my worst fears, I got pulled over for speeding yesterday. I had no defense - I was going fast because nobody else was around and it was in the middle of freakin' nowhere - and of course I was all dressed up in my black turtleneck, denim skirt, gray sweater and (probably too much) makeup!

But I wanted to share this because it turned out to be no big deal (aside from the ticket that is). The patrolman asked for my drivers license, registration & insurance, which I handed over as I told him that I was a guy regardless of how I was dressed. He took my information, went back to the car, and came back a few minutes later. He handed my the ticket to sign, and gave me back my information. And that was it.

He didn't ask WHY I was dressed as a lady, and I didn't volunteer anything. But I think being honest and straightforward from the start headed that off. It's my first ticket in about 20 years so aside from a few $$$ and a day in traffic school I figure I'll come away unscathed from it all.

So my big fear turned out to be nothing. The only downer is that apparently I'm not gorgeous enough to get a break on getting the ticket!

apparently, you weren't flirting enough with him - lol

but, I bet you looked great

Meghan

Jessica,

I had a similar experience. I didn't realize that I had made a turn on a "buses only" route, and I was pulled over. When I showed my license and insurance, told the officers that I was a cross dresser and new to the area (which I was). They went back to their car, checked things over and just gave me a warning. No hassle, but maybe that's because Arlington (VA) is a fairly enlightened place.

Hopefully police elsewhere are generally so understanding -- cross-dressing isn't illegal.

Banned Read only
    We wanna see the dash-cam video!

My experience was on a quiet road near my home at night. I was stopped for having one of my brake lights not working. A WPC (woman police officer) came to my car window to tell me. She asked me my name and address, both of which i gave her (male name). She asked where had I been and if I had been drinking, to which i answered i had been walking the dog, and no. She told me to get the light fixed, and let me go. As I was only 200 yards from my home, I managed to drive there with shaking hands and not hit anything.

I was very nervous that news would get out - I am very well known in this small community - but nothing happened. I suppose the police are required to maintain confidentiality.

Phew!!

Deanna Marie Smith Chibi~Cthulhu's Avatar
    i dont think police are actually required to remain confidential about infromation that does not involve a criminal case. though, either way the police officer that pulled you over seemed to show great tact in dealing with the situation. i believe that police officers do receive training in handling tg/cd individuals would be common sense as far as i can tell. though we all know how uncommon that really is.

Did you not know that they have satellites watching us all the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Aspiring Member
    how many will be able to share this unique experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPriscilla View Post
    My experience was on a quiet road near my home at night. I was stopped for having one of my brake lights not working. A WPC (woman police officer) came to my car window to tell me. She asked me my name and address, both of which i gave her (male name). She asked where had I been and if I had been drinking, to which i answered i had been walking the dog, and no. She told me to get the light fixed, and let me go. As I was only 200 yards from my home, I managed to drive there with shaking hands and not hit anything.

I was very nervous that news would get out - I am very well known in this small community - but nothing happened. I suppose the police are required to maintain confidentiality.

Phew!!
    If you go to jail. We. They are required to hush up about your record or offense..Um- Even tho its public. Makes sense-

You met a good cop.
    Maybe being one I know there are plenty out there that are not.. But know this the anti discrimination laws are out there. We deal with the almost daily. Its against the law for me in uniform to tell you , you look good.

On the other hand it keeps the wolves at bay from yanking you outta the car and humiliating you. If there was a dash cam it keeps the man with the badge somewhat in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Jessica,

I had a similar experience. I didn't realize that I had made a turn on a "buses only" route, and I was pulled over. When I showed my license and insurance, told the officers that I was a cross dresser and new to the area (which I was). They went back to their car, checked things over and just gave me a warning. No hassle, but maybe that's because Arlington (VA) is a fairly enlightened place.

Hopefully police elsewhere are generally so understanding -- cross-dressing isn't illegal.
    I was pulled over when I was dressed in Fairfax County one time and the officer was totally great and just let me off with a warning (I didnt see a stop sign and rolled through it).

I've been pulled over on GW Parkway by the Park Police before (in drab), and they were a-holes.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Jess, you violated the first rule of leadfooting. Don't speed if you're the only one on the road; you're just too easy to target. Speeding is best done when there is some other traffic traveling about the same speed as you. Yes, you're all speeding but your chance of being singled out is much less unless you are at the head of the line or the last car in the line. I'm glad it well for you. I hope the officer who may stop me will be as professional.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Sometimes our fears are overrated - maybe the police are becoming more tolerant - thank you for sharing
    JoAnne Wheeler

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'm just thinking about the missed photo op !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaHyde View Post
    It's my first ticket in about 20 years so aside from a few $$$ and a day in traffic school I figure I'll come away unscathed from it all.
    So your "sentence" should be attendance at traffic school the way you presented when you received the ticket!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I've only been pulled over three times in my 5 years of driving. Once for speeding and not wearing my seat belt, which happened maybe six months after I got my liscense, and twice because my head light was out.
    Wait, no, I've been pulled over four times. Once was by a complete asshole of cop who pulled me over for going to slow, refused to let me know why he pulled me over until I showed liscense and registration, and hassled me like he had pulled over someone who had just finished smoking whatever drug or chugging a beer. All because I was running on of fumes (so I was going slow), and I had a gas can in my car to get gas for the lawn mower. Something funny about Mr. Piggy, was I was wearing my trench coat that night, and he didn't take notice, but the second time he pulled me over (for the head light) it was the middle of summer and I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and he asked me if I had any weapons on me.

Aspiring musician rhondamichelle's Avatar

ever vigilant

We should always be aware of the fact that either, in drab or enfemme, ANY traffic violation is the primary excuse to be pulled over and checked for D.W.I. Whether it's a moving or equiptment violation the next inquiry after being informed of why you were pulled over is "Have you been drinking?" I am in total agreement that driving under the influence presents an ever present danger to the other drivers on the road, thus I never drink and drive. I also check the car out regularly to make sure it's up to snuff mechanically and when driving observe all the posted rules, to help keep those pesky pull-overs to a minimum. Just my ....

Sincerely,

Rhonda Michelle
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]
    love my music

Are you going to traffic school en femme?

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaHyde View Post
    so aside from a few $$$ and a day in traffic school I figure I'll come away unscathed from it all. So my big fear turned out to be nothing.
    Execpt you have to go to traffic school dressed enfemme as it was Jessica who got the ticket

as a former cop thats what i would make you do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds familiar! My second time ever out dolled up, I was being watched , as i walked around the small coastal town, at night, then, got into my car, and drove out of town, with the cop right behind. Then, his lights! Heart sank. I did the same, telling i'm a guy, dressed up, just to see what women go through. He was not interested in how i dressed, jusy why my driving was nervous. No problems.

That is awsome!
    My worst ticket was 150mph in a brand new Jag xjr in Indiana. 750 fine and off ya go!

Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiegalore View Post
    That is awsome!
    My worst ticket was 150mph in a brand new Jag xjr in Indiana. 750 fine and off ya go!

Tara
    couldn't get out of second gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    couldn't get out of second gear?
    That is right!
    I had a Black on Black Supercharged Jag XJR and I wanted to see what it would do.... I floored it and let her run! The mirrors were floating on the springs, almost ready to fold in! I got it up to 160 and in advertently passed 2 18 wheelers. The cop was between them in the right lane and I went flying by.... Never saw him. He was all of 22 years old and took 10 miles to catch me (only after slowing to 100). His first words to me were "Nice car!"

He said he never would have caught me if I had not slowed down. Personal note.... "keep the hammer down"!

My AZ plate was "1HOTCAT"

I loved that car! It was the fastest vehicle I have ever owned. I also used to have a '71 carborated XJ12. That one would run away from Z28's once I had 3000 revs on it! Red line on the V12 was 6800 RPM!

Now I drive a diesel 4x4 for work and a Corvette on the weekends!

Tara

They can and will pull you over for anything at about 2 in the morning. I was on my way to work about that time, and a female officer pulled me over for a burnt out license plate light. It was trivial, but I'm sure all she wanted was to check my sobriety. She checked my info and let me go on my way. BTW, I was not dressed at the time.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Beth, sometimes they will pull you over at that time of night to break up a long shift. Gives them something to do.
    Have been stopped twice en drab. While en femme, I really am careful driving.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPriscilla View Post

Phew!!
    Police are not REQUIRED to maintain confidentiality--at least in the US, but they usually are discreet---and most are so jaded by their jobs that running across a CD is not a big deal to them.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]