Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK... minor dilemma, photo shoot proposal

Red face OK... minor dilemma, photo shoot proposal

So I was in a local restaurant, having lunch up at the bar, and this pretty girl sits down across the other side of the bar and orders up. We actually have a few words here and there, and out of no where she walks around the bar up to me.

Turns out she's a student at the local photography school (it's a popular place to come to if you've ever wanted to get into the art) and she's looking for a model or two for some of her projects. She noted that the subject of the particular task is: Professional and their hobby. *coughcough* Ahem, anyway...

So I'm sitting there in a med. purple shirt and tie with my hair down, and say what the heck, why not.. free pictures that hopefully will make me look good right? So what if I'm in drab. BUT... then she says - So, what's your favorite hobby?? Uhh... good one. Computers? Gadgets? Ice skating? She said the more interesting the better. 'I'll stew over it and get back to you at the 'Professional' shoot. Great.

Well if you have any clue at this point I sat there, finishing my lunch, just stewing over a hobby.. all the while just staring down at my glossy nails and just testing my nerves..... but I did it. As I was leaving, I walked up to her, and said kinda quietly.. "You mentioned that you wanted an interesting hobby, and, uh, I think I might have one for you.. and probably couldn't be any farther from the Pro shot you're going for. I don't really know the easiest way to say this, but on occasion I switch genders. Would you find that interesting for your shoot?" You should have seen her eyes light up. 'REALLY??? Awesome!' and it went from there.

So Monday I have a 'Pro' shoot, and then need to schedule a dressing appointment ASAP by the end of the week with at least an hour's prep time for makeup and changing.

Dear Goddess! I'm sooo nervous.. when I got home tonight from work I sent my son off to clean his room and I LEPT! into the bedroom and dumped Angel's entire wardrobe onto the bed and went to work. I think I have about three skirt outfits, one jean, and /maybe/ the cheongsam dress if she REALLY wants something outstanding (though I'll have to clip it in the back to shrink it to fit for now). I am SO hitting TJMaxx tomorrow and hunting for at least one more outfit, or at least a new long/natural fibre brown skirt to go with a sweater I have.

Wish me luck, this would only be the second time in front of the camera for such a reason, and the FIRST time dressed!! :: twitch ::

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

How exciting, Angel!

I'm SURE you'll be/look fine!

You promise to posts some of your pics here?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Now that's one unique story! You have to provide an update on this one.

hope they dont get published anywhere unless you dont mind
    just me but would be asking more questions of her

This sounds incredibly cool to me. I think this could make for an awesome photo shoot both for you and the photographer. You'll get some pro photos of you and she'll have a very cool and unique addition to her portfolio of work. In the artistic community, "different" is usually good. In my dealings with creative-minded, artistic types, acceptance of differences often runs high as well.

In addition, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to help open some people's minds. If any of these photos end up in a gallery or show at some point, it might help make cding that much more "normal" to people.

I've never been out in public en femme, but if this opportunity was every presented to me by a photographer that I felt comfortable with, I'd jump on it. My only request would be that my real name not be attached to it. I wouldn't have any problem with my photos getting published or shown publicly, so long as they looked good.

I'm so happy for you and this great opportunity! Enjoy the experience and please post some pics once you have them!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Angle That sounds like a great opportunity. Have fun and express your fem side for the camera.

How cool is this? Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Need to hear more after it happens.....
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

The stuff that dreams are made of ..........
    Go for it!

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS on your courage and confidence - I think that this is going to be an awesome experience for you

Be sure and post pictures of before and after

JoAnne Wheeler

Thanks all for the comments! As a matter of fact, the first thing I asked after I told her was exactly what would become of the art. She verified that they would not be published other than to be a part of her own personal show and portfolio.

I will indeed port the photos when (or if I suppose) I get them. I've statistically heard that the students at this program have a habbit of just shoot-n-run, but I'll make a point that I don't have really good pics yet.. Looking forward to it indeed! Will keep folks informed.

Enjoy it... but beware of friction burns to your knees... It may sound odd, but the people I shoot all have very red knees...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Lisa,

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Enjoy it... but beware of friction burns to your knees... It may sound odd, but the people I shoot all have very red knees...
    I find a pair of tites, or good quality, sheer, pantyhose, is a good way avoid rug burns!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife, daughter, and grand mother have had Glamor Photo sessions, and they use some pretty heavy make up for best effects, but they all turned out great. If your photographer in training glams you up like they were your photos will be great. You could probably frame one and put it on your mantle and no one would know it's you. A long lost cousin with a strong family resemblance?

Have fun

As a photographer myself...in my male life...and trying desperately to convert that to my femme side so that I can enjoyr my transgender life as well and still make income....do enjoy yourself....

For a year I have been working on a project trying to photograph CD, TG and TS to hopefully compile enough images for a show or a publication...ideally to help our cause (of course in complete anonimity of the subjects...only their TG/TS selves, etc) and how difficult this project has been for me to compile. Getting there, but very difficult. So please have fun!!! I am sure it will be worth it.
    - "Dakota"

Angel,
    Sound like fun and I hope the photo shoot goes well. Jamie, I would like to contribute but live in the midwest. Good luck. Keli

Since Karren hasn't said it yet..."sounds like a reason to go shopping for some new clothes". I'm sure she will have a comment when she gets back from playing hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Hopefully no splinters?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi Lynn View Post
    Since Karren hasn't said it yet..."sounds like a reason to go shopping for some new clothes". I'm sure she will have a comment when she gets back from playing hockey.
    Hahahaha. Bobbi!! Your too much! Funny too.. I'm on my way to hockey! Lol. I think its awsome!! I'd take her shopping with me to get some action shots! I hope she's not an under cover new peporter for the local paper? Big story on perversion in America!! Lol. Any way.. Have fun and post a lot of photos!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi Lynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Hahahaha. Bobbi!! Your too much! Funny too.. I'm on my way to hockey! Lol. I think its awsome!! I'd take her shopping with me to get some action shots! I hope she's not an under cover new peporter for the local paper? Big story on perversion in America!! Lol. Any way.. Have fun and post a lot of photos!!
    He he... indeed, I went shopping this weekend, and to my surprise I was pleasantly rewarded. Saturday yielded little results other than a new bra and some panties, however, interestingly enough Sunday was spectacular! I hit a small boutique shop near where I live on a whim (in full male drab, no frills at all), and started wandering around. I was the only person in the store so the woman walked up to me and asked if she could help.. after I explained I was looking for a coordinating skirt for a sweater that I had at home (not for who or why) we started wandering around the store, and out of nowhere she started holding them up to me, and said 'You're going to try these on, right? I'll give you deeper discount if you don't return them.. ' I tell you I lit up right then and there! She just mentioned that she had several friends that crossdress, and that she LOVES to doll them up. I ended up picking out a sweater similar to the one I had, and spend almost an hour in the dressing room as she just kept handing me stuff over the door, and surprised me with a little black number that wasn't in any way what I was looking for that day, but it was SO CUTE and sexy. 50$, 4 dresses and two skirts later I thanked her profusely and she just smiled and told me her schedule for work for the next however long...

Now, if they only sold SHOES too... darn it.

Aspiring Member
    great opportunity, good luck

Hi Angel

What a great opportunity for you , and some very good luck in the shopping dept. also.
    If you don`t mind PM me the location of the shop that you went to.
    Tomara

We're gonna have to call you "Butter".....

...because you are on a roll! You go girlfreind!

Thanks for sharing and please keep the updates coming.
    Mary

Former Member
    WOW! How cool is that!?

Have a great time!

What a fabulous offer...

KUDOS to you for stepping up and telling her about your 'fem' side..

Embrace the opportunity ... and remember to have fun!

Definitely have a good time and enjoy yourself. Also, since she already knows about the fem side now, try to relax and not be nervous.