Thread: Jeans or a Skirt

Jeans or a Skirt

Have you ever sat back and watched a number of TG girls walking around in heels, 1 inch or higher? Have you've seen the wobble effect?

It takes some effort for those of us who have little to no practice time in heels to walk naturally in heels above 1 inch. It is not natural for us to move our hips as women do naturally.

Have you ever just sat at the mall and watched the women walk by, the ones in jeans? Ever noticed the hip swing or butt wiggle? The guy part of us does see this, now think about how you walk and do you wiggle like that? Maybe you do now, but did you when you first started out?

When we wear a skirt or a dress we have the material hanging around our legs giving us some idea of what our butts are doing. If we feel it swishing because our butts are wiggling just right then we know we have the walk down. When we can move our hips naturally as a girl then we can wear the jeans with the confidence that we are moving as we should.

Yes, I've seen TGs wear jeans and they look like men walking around in heels and a wig on. I've seen some girls walk similar and they still have that hip movement.

Yes we can wear whatever we want, my point is to try and be as feminine as I can. I had a comment the other day on how much more feminine I am since I first stepped out. Most of the comment was on how I presented myself and that person knew I had made serious changes on my appearance about a year ago.

If you need help to identify your hip movements try bellydancing, you will learn about your hips.

HUGS Sandra

hhhmmmm

Bellydancing you say hhhhuummm yup going to have to try that,I'll get back to you on this.

I watch GG' s walk all the time it's a great way to spend time and learn something.
    Angie

Jeans suck... Skirts rule!! and if you watch women walk... half of them have no more hip movement that the average guy.... your just fixating on the ones that do have hip movement!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn40c View Post
    Bellydancing you say hhhhuummm yup going to have to try that,I'll get back to you on this.
    I can assure you that it works.

It is possible to find teachers who will teach males, if you're not out enough to dance en femme. I outed myself to my teacher a while after I started, and the last few months of classes before we stopped last year were done in a long skirt and 2" heeled dance shoes. I'm trying to get a few things out of the way so that I can get back into it soon.

I've been involved in belly dancing for several years, and it gave me the flexibility to be able to rock my pelvis as I walk. Most men and some women are so locked up in their back that they either can't rock their pelvis at all or it barely moves.

From experience, the other thing that I won't use to improve my feminine shape is a corset, as it has the same effect to locking up the lower back. It might look good standing still, but it ruins the femininity of movement.

Alice

I learned how to walk in heels that were 3". It was very awkward at first, but my wife really helped a lot. She told me not to bend my knees when I walked (keep legs strait) and several other good tips.

The wiggle I'm still working on, again with my wife's coaching. It helps to have a gg as a coach, I think. I know when I'm doing good because she tends to get a big kick out of it and giggle a little. The giggle is not that I appear funny to her or anything, she enjoys watching me get the hang of it and that's her being impressed with my movement transformation. She whistles cat-calls at me too, when I get the wiggle right while just walking past her or something doing my thing. lol

I do prefer to wear a skirt. I like them better on women, and I like them better on me. Way more feminine to me than jeans, but that's just my taste.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Former Member
    I wish I had something to wiggle!

I watch women all the time.....it's a favorite past time of mine......but I can't seen to get the wiggle down.

Heels Do Help THE WALK

I personally have NO problem walking in any heels, as long as their not over 4 1/2"s spikes, but the easiest is to walk in by far are about 3 1/2" heels, (I don't have anything under 3") so anyways, the reason I bring up the heels is, they give me "The Walk" very naturally swaying my hips & butt with out overdoing it & exaggerating it as I have seen many other TG girls do, but it does take lots of practice, and in a relaxed state of mind and just let your body go with the flow of your steps, but I wear my heels just about everyday, and for extended periods like all day from the time I get up, until bedtime on my 3 day weekends. and I have noticed my stride between steps have become naturally shorter too as time has gone by, along with a much better posture while walking.
    It's been so long now that my feet are most comfortable in only heels, but I wear heels way more than men's footwear now.

So it just takes time & practice And Most Importantly, shoes that FIT correctly, because you can't walk gracefully when your feet are killing you!! been there, done that..LoL

But I understand that everyone here can't do this all the time or it's not practical, and it just makes it harder, but practice does makes perfect..

Good Luck,
    Karen

Professional Socialite
    I love jeans and have that wiggle :> I have done the belly dancing and it helps ALOT! never noticed a difference till I oreder a instruction dvd from netflix. I just have to watch myself with the hip movements in drab lol, Im so used to giving the wiggle lol that I forget if im enfemme or drab :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing better than watching pretty women. Makes a great hobbie.

The wiggle is an art. The ones that have it, work at it and have practiced it over and over again.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Basic construction differences!!! Women are built differently most have a spine arch at the lower spine that is 20%+ more than men The distance across the pelvis to the attachment of the legs is also greater. the wiggle in the walk is produced because of the distance the outer hip has to travel to move the legs!! A womans weight is centered in the lower half of the body.

We can only hope to imitate. For me tight girl jeans and heels make me very aware of my butt and my walk!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Women and men walk differently mainly because we're anatomically different. A woman has wider hips in comparison to the upper torso, and also has more adipose tissue around her hips, which accentuates the 'wiggle' you see. When you add to that the heels, it goes even further. Sure, a male can artificially create a 'wiggle'; but it doesn't come naturally, or all men would walk that way, all the time. See this site: http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLgender.html and you can clearly see the difference in how hip and shoulder width change the gait, and of course, the 'wiggle'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

And most of the time if one who is tg tries to emulate the "wiggle", it ends up looking over-exagerated and ultimately fake, absent belly dancing training of course. Now that sounds intriguing!!!

btw, jeans rule!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I've found, that one foot directly infront of the other works well.

I love to watch GGs' mannerisms - learning experience
    JoAnne Wheeler

Gold Member
    Yeah ya just gotta practice. GM's are not used to moving their hips side to side so when you start trying to walk more feminine, it is not going to be real easy.

Thing is, you just have to pracice, even if at a snail's pace at first and really having to think about what you are doing.
    And don't try doing it in those stupidly high heels yet, just practice in your flats or tennies, worry about getting the hip movement down first.

But even before you go out trying to walk like that, get those hips used to moving a bit, check out this little video - About 1 minute 40 seconds into it she does a "rock step", before that it is just the beginning where she rambles about the video -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiJ9z...eature=related

It is one more thing you can try to get your hips moving. think about trying to contract your sides. At first it is going to feel really akward and you will probably think "Hell with it I cannot do this" but keep at it.
    Don;t give up just cause the hip movement you make at first feels or looks weird and silly. Gotta pay some dues here.

Not all women wiggle...

Not all women wiggle. I work with a female that has NO feminine walk at all. She's overweight and walks more like a troll. Sort of stompimg side to side.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

No question, when you're wearing heels you can't help but walk more femininely, ditto wearing a skirt as opposed to jeans...I wear flats most of the time so I won't be taller than GGs in heels, so my solution to the jeans vs skirt dilemma is a denim jumper that's casual enough to wear to the mall yet looks and feels very girly.