Thread: Recognizing my femme name

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar

Recognizing my femme name

I never truly did want to adopt a female name, but after my GF had shed some light I felt that it was something that could be looked into deeper. I know that many adopt their names because it "feels right", "sounds good", "an off version of their male name", etc. But, my GF had said that a female name can be a symbol of the division of both my male side and more feminine side; a sort of link in between the two halves of this whole. It creates a form of balance between being a separated and whole person.

I never have like the name "Sally", but it came with a very cute inside story between us, and I feel that it is a part of our past, present, and future love that we hold dear.

Anyone else feel that they use their female name to separate their two halves, and not just because "it sounded good", "it fits me", etc...?
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

GG/SO to SallyNMarv tabbykat1216's Avatar
    You explained it better than I did! Love ya, Sally!

My dad always called me marthe

My use of Sally started so that my wife and I could discuss clothing that would fit "her" or that "she" might like when we were out shopping in boy mode. Then we started going out together as girls and she had to have a name to call out across the aisle to get my attention. Eventually Sally developed a look and personallity all her own. It both separates and joins me together with my two halves.
    Sally

The use of my name Naleen, started when i used to play as a female character on many Mass Multiplayer Role Playing Games (MMORPG). And Naleen in that sense fully seperated me from my Genetic self.

Naleen Atrens.
    80% Female brain, the rest is due to liking and honoring Females. which makes a 100% Female Brain..?

Inside im always surrounded by Pink Fog & I'm only on when in my closet

One of my FEW great moments with my Spouse was when she finally decided to refer to me as JoAnne when I dress

JoAnne Wheeler

My femme name is delibrately derived from my parents names, since it is they who give you your name. What is interesting is that I go away each weekend to dress and am constantly called Tricia or Trish. It does make things more real and I go enjoy it. On Monday mornings its quite hard when someone calls me by my other name! It takes a while to sink in.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I chose a femme name to help me "fill out" my feminine side, to help me more fully access that part of me, to bring her out. My choice of taking a new name was to help me integrate my "shadow self," as Yung put it, with my public persona. It was not my intention to "divide" myself, put to become more whole. I tried to keep the same initials, but not make my femme name too similar to my guy name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.