Thread: Dayghter approved dreasing

Dayghter approved dreasing

Not not long ago one afternoon, my wife had both my girls at a local Halloween store. They were at the Halloween store and mom said to dress me up as a girl when they saw this cute costume. My oldest was so extatic with approval that mom told me minutes after that being said. Brought a smile to my face. I joke with my girls a lot about dressing up and joked with my youngest that she should dress as a boy, and dad as a girl. With egerness, she said yes. Lol. This may be my out to show my girls that dad does dress up as a girl. Plus im constantly asking my oldest to allow me to put makeup on her. She tells me that its wierd. I told her a lot of guys are makeup artists. I paint nails and straighten my oldest daughters hair and i also do my wifes hair
    Formerly CDGigi

Platinum Member
    I think the Halloween dressing strategy is a good way to introduce the idea that its OK for daddy to dress up, as are the other little things that communicate an open-minded point of view. I probably wouldn't "constantly" as to do your oldest daughter's make up. The kid deserves some space of her own....but maybe you could persuade your wife to let you do hers...just so the kids can see what dad's capable of!

I am into letting the children share Halloween as dressup time, if they are eager to see it at other times I would take it gradually and on their suggestion.
    Do not push it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's a difference between dressing for Halloween and dressing for real. They obviously like the Halloween idea: it's a laugh, it's just for fun. But if you want to let them know about the real you, you might need to consider the approach you take. They might be absolutely cool with it, they might have doubts. It might be good to be prepared for either reaction.

I came out to my son (26) recently. He was OK with it in the sense that he didn't disown me. But he's never wanted to talk about it since. So you can get acceptance but not necessarily enthusiasm.

Annabelle

Maybe I should have been more clear myself. I have spoke with my SO about it also and she feels its not something to always do in front of them. True their fragile minds might take this all wrong. So with that, i am not going to push it. Now if they ask mom or me to dress up, then i know that its my girls that approve. I highly doubt that either will tell me to dress up and take them shopping. Lol.
    Formerly CDGigi

If I had kids or a wife, I think I'd like to ask them if they'd like to help make cross-dressing acceptable in society by getting used to me doing it at home and sometimes with them in public.

I don't have any children, but IF I did, I don't think I'd want them to know about this side of me. Maybe once they reached their mid to late teen years, I'd feel differently. I honestly think it's a selfish CD that wants their young children to know just so they can dress around them. I simply don't agree with it. I do have a step-daughter that found out and to my shock and amazement, she knew so much about the topic of crossdressing, it made me wonder if her ex-husband might have been one of us. She accepted it and nothing more was said. Except that next Christmas she included a nice baby doll for me. My current SO has 3 young granddaughters that she has guardianship over. A couple of times the girls made comments about me being their maid to serve tea or dinner. But we both know it was innocent fun for them to joke about it. The reality of it, in our opinion would not be good for their young minds to deal with. To me, crossdressing has some sexual components to it for many if not most of us. Or at least to many others less informed on the topic, think it
    does. So to me sharing this side of me with young children is way to close to sharing what their mother or grandmother and I do in the bedroom. Way to creepy for me.

I wont have my children this time for Halloween (the ex has them), but i have every intention of taken photos of my "costume"). I have always teased my oldest about buying him a pink dress for his birthday (this was even before I considered cd-ing.). This year I am breaking away from my usual Jedi Knight costume. I will show him how his dad looks when I am all dolled up for trick or treating. I am really looking forward to it! A gg that doesn't know I cd has loaned me a beautiful dress (that won't fit her anymore, im hoping I can keep it) and accessories, I have the heels and undergarments, and a gg that knows I cd is doing my hair and makeup. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Silver Member
    Let your daughter do her own makeup. She needs the practice and the self expression. I think most women like to do there own most of the time and pick their look. My daughter has had her makeup done for movies and pictures and hates the result most every time.