Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobs for a crossdresser?

Your best bet would be look within the GLBT community and target businesses either serving that community, or else run by members of it.

A case in point would be gay/lesbian bars that also showcase drag revues, or even those that cater to mainstream audiences looking for something a bit "different". A good example of this is "Lucky Cheng's" restaurant in NYC (with a branch also in Las Vegas). See the attached link for more details:

http://www.luckychengsrestaurant.com/

It is often said that where there is a will, there is a way. I would look to Derrick Barry as an inspiration here, and for those who remember last season's run of "America's Got Talent" will also recall his stunning performances as a Britney Spears impersonator which allowed him to advance several rounds before being eliminated. Before that, however, the studio audiences totally ate up his act with standing ovations, egged on by Sharon Osborne and David Hasselhoff who ended up becoming two of his biggest fans - much to the chagrin of fellow judge Piers Morgan!

Like Susan Boyle, Derrick "Had a Dream", and oh, yes he is now one of the headline acts of Frank Marino's "La Cage" revue in Las Vegas.

Dressing up as Britney Spears six nights a week, raking in the big bucks, AND getting all of the audience adulation one can handle - sounds to me like this is pretty much the ideal gig for a crossdresser .

Leather chickens???

Removed!
    [SIZE=2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Leather chickens???
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It was some kind of S&M club and they were patrons/participents, just picture the "chicken costume" with leather chaps and that sort of thing. I only mentioned it because Lima mentioned being "anti establishment" so I just thought she should know you REALLY have to work hard to "stand out" in Manhatten. Even the naked cowboy fit's right in and get's little notice. If you're down by the garment district you can see models wearing next to nothing wandering around so nothing really shocks people there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]You just never know what you will see or who you'll pass by no matter where you go or what you're doing. Granted this was a long time ago, late 90's but I would imagine little has changed in that regard.[/SIZE]
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?