Thread: I told my mom, and the world didn't end.

I told my mom, and the world didn't end.

I can't believe I did this. I took my mom shopping this weekend, and I brought my Katrina photos with me. On the way back to her house, I showed them to her.

"I want to show you something. Please don't freak out."

I handed Mom the photos. She starts flipping through them.

"Who is she?" she asked.

"It's me", I replied.

"Well, I didn't recognize you. How long have you been doing this? Have you 'changed'?"

I had to ponder that one. "Changed"? It then occured to me that she was asking if I was TS.

"No" I answered. "I just like to dress up." "I've been doing this for a while." I didn't say how long of a while, though.

I told her that I am the same son that she has always known, that I'm not gay, etc. I didn't go into what motivates me to do this.

She took it better than I thought. I hope I didn't freak her out. I let her know that if she had any questions about it, feel free to ask. She did ask who did the photos, so I told her about Clare, and how I go up there to do the shoots.

She was okay with it, that suprised me. But I think she's gotten more tolerant of some things as of late.

Still trembling,
    Katrina

i can imagine the trembling......sounds like it went okay doesn't it. in fact i'm sure it went exactly like that. those moms! they just won't stop being nice to us!

congrats Katrina, I hope your mother will be ok with your crossdressing in the future, I am sure she will have alot of thinking about this, and I am sure there will be alot more questions to follow, my advise is to welcome the questions and answer them honestly, and let us know how it goes.

Wow Great mum and well done for having the courage to tell your mum .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Katrina, what a big step for you to take. I can understand how difficult it must have been. I'm glad your mother surprised you with her reaction. The world is still spinning.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Good for you Katrina! But what mother could resist having a child as pretty as you are? I almost told my mother when she was in the hospital last week but then I decided that her major surgery was enough to deal with; she didn't need another complication. Keep us informed of your conversations with your mother. Leanne

That's wonderful! I'm really pleased for you. Bet you feel great eh.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Katrina, I am real happy for you that telling your Mom went well......I know how it feels. I'm sure you must've felt very apprehensive about doing it, but once you finished and your Mom didn't overreact, you now must feel like some weight has lifted from your shoulders. That's how it was with me. Congratulations, hun.

Wonderful story - even better MOM - things should be easier now

JoAnne Wheeler

Great for you, glad it went well. Hope that all remains good with the genie out of the bottle!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

To all of you: I'm not sure what to say, except thank you.

Katrina