Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning Point

Banned Read only

Turning Point

For those of us who are reflective in nature, what would you say was the turning point in your crossdressing experience?

When did it go from crossdressing to 'being' a crossdresser, at what age, and why?

I'm a closet CDer so this may not include me. So here is my thoughts anyway. I was very young when I started wearing femm clothing. bras, panties, stockings, etc. Then I grew up and got married.(going on 18 years) And it wasn't until I was about 27 that I became what I would see myself as now a crossdresser.
    No, those are my Panties]

Although i've been dressing up for about 10 years now, it only came a few months ago.

When I first started dressing it was quite a sexual thing and a bit of a fetish, i'd get dressed up, do my thing and then take it off again and forget about it until next time.
    After a long break from dressing I started buying my own tights and other things and it wasn't until December when I bought my first wig that I realised this is a big and important part of me and not just a little fetish.

The turning point though was when I posted my first face pic on another cd'ing forum and was touched by the positive comments and praise I recieved from people just like me.
    I think realising i'm not alone was a big eye opener for me and made me realise what we do isn't strange or perverted, it's just part of us and it's one of the many things that make us who we are.

Southern Gurl
    I have always been a croosdresser. As a youth I would often dress in my sister's cloths. As I grew older I would wear my wife's cloths and moved on until I had my own. I was about 40 when I admitted to myself that I was always going to be a crossdresser and excepted the fact. Now I just enjoy my this special part of me.

Professional Socialite
    I always wanted to wear the pink diapers :>
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

About 2 1/2 to 3 years ago - I had gone through my "Great Purge of 95" that was Spouse induced. She wanted my CDing to go away. I thought it had. WRONG ! During the time frame I mentioned above, the URGE/DESIRE came back full force - after studying, reading reams and reams of material, and also this Forum, I FINALLY realized that I was a Crossdresser and not just someone who wears the clothes of the opposite sex.

I have finally ACCEPTED WHO and WHAT I am - I am a CROSSDRESSER - I will always be a CROSSDRESSER - I am comfortable with that now - there will never be any more purges. Why - because I am a CROSSDRESSER for my lifetime.

JoAnne Wheeler

It was when my Father died. Somehow that opened things up for me and made me feel free.Absolutely nothing against my Father though who was a lovely man.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

While I 'dabbled' a bit with panties and the like in some BDSM situations I jumped in with both feet about 2 years ago after I broke up with my ex. I was living in Seattle at the time, I did not know anyone, I knew I was moving in a few months and had the opportunity to do whatever I wanted. I was absolutely the best 3 months ever.

Like many others, I started cding at an early age, and continued off and on my entire life.

The turning point for me was about 7 yrs ago (age 46) when I started going out en-femme. When my mom passed away last year (she knew but chose to ignore it), it was an additional turning point.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by xAnne_Mariex View Post
    Although i've been dressing up for about 10 years now, it only came a few months ago.

When I first started dressing it was quite a sexual thing and a bit of a fetish, i'd get dressed up, do my thing and then take it off again and forget about it until next time.
    After a long break from dressing I started buying my own tights and other things and it wasn't until December when I bought my first wig that I realised this is a big and important part of me and not just a little fetish.
    My experience has been quite similar. Again, it was a bit of a sexual/fetish thing for me when I started out - and it was mainly just bras and panties I would wear. Very rarely would I actually get fully dressed up (probably due to living at home).

However, things started to change about 2 years ago. I started dating my now fiance, and about 6 months into the relationship I let her know I liked wearing womens underwear. She was fine with this, and I even started to try on her clothes. A few months later I'd bought my own place, and with this new freedom I could dress whenever I wanted. I found I actually really enjoyed the whole activity of getting dressed up and becoming a girl, it wasn't just a fetish anymore.

Since then I've started to build up my own wardrobe of clothes and make-up, and have even ventured out to the post box on a few occasions!

So in response to the OP's question, I'd have to say moving into my own place would be my turning point; when I realised CDing was a part of my life and who I am.
    Last edited by deborah84; 02-03-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Messed up a quote

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    That is easy for me.After I came out to my wife.Life is good.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I starterd very early in life and after spending some trying (unsucessfully) to forget about it. I bought a few things so I could dress up in private.
    I did this for about 15 years and after I got broadband last year, I started to look for CD reelated material. About 6 monthd ago I was doing this almost every day and eventually came to terms with the fact that I could no longer live as I was and needed to transition, a dream which I hava had since I was 12.
    Ater joining this site and another UK based site, it has given me the confidence to start going out, and I have found a local TG group where I can go and meet fellow sisters and make some new friends.
    I have been uot three times nowand I enjoy it more each time as my confidence grows.
    living the dream

I'm not strictly CD, but the moment I felt comfortable with myself is when I started doing my photographs... It was like looking at me for the first time...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    For those of us who are reflective in nature, what would you say was the turning point in your crossdressing experience?

When did it go from crossdressing to 'being' a crossdresser, at what age, and why?
    I started dressing like a girl way before I had ever heard the term crossdressing, I hadn't actually heard the term until the 80's. Back when I started in the 60's they had other names that weren't very nice but I still did it and loved it.

really good question--makes me think!

After a little pre-teen sneaking I hardly did or thought of cross dressing for a decade at a time, until my 40s. Then in I had repeated long periods of work-related separation from my wife, which gave me the freedom to indulge. I'll never forget the first time I combined a dress with pantyhose, almost 10 years ago. I had worn them each and felt naughty, but together, I just felt normal--and feminine. What a shock!

That started a long gradual progression toward a normal, complete, feminine wardrobe. Lots of times since I'm wasn't a crossdresser for many months at a stretch--didn't do it, didn't miss it. But each return added a new feature or two--bras, skirts, shoes, purses, .... Finally, dressing as a girl seemed so natural that I hated having to sneak around, and came out to my wife. She still hates it, still loves me, and so my situation has hardly changed.

...except that my closet is full to bursting even with routine clothing donations to charity.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

In my 50's!

Is when I first thot to try on some ladies things.

I thot the jeans, nylons, and heels made my legs look and feel cool. Nothing very exciting about any of that. My mirror said, " Man-in-a-dress".

For 2 years, I fiddled around with other clothes.

Then, about 8 years ago, I tried on a mask. Soon after, a hot, strange woman appeared in my mirror, and it was lust at first sight!

Bingo! Another CD was born!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A friend of ours was painting my wifes toes at the cottage.
    when she was done she turned to me and said " Your turn". Never looked back

About 5 minutes after trying on my first bra....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was hooked that night in the bathroom when I tried my sister's bra. Have never looked back.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I knew it was something special and different when I tried on my Mom's bra for the first time at age 12. As I got older and learned more, it sort of crystallized around age 16 or so. No real sentinel moment, but just realizing how dressing and being femme made me feel.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I think for me it was when I told my wife I like to dress.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    What would you say was the turning point in your crossdressing experience?
    The biggest turning point for me occured about 4 months ago when I joined here. Through reading hundreds of threads I finally discovered myself. Two secondary turning points occured as a result. Firstly, I came out to my wife, which went better than I expected. Then for the first time in my life I put on a wig and used make up. It's hard to find the right words to do justice to the feeling of euphoria of seeing Tash for the first time in the mirror, but I'm sure you all know what i am talking about.

Like most have mentioned it started young for me and the sexual connections were very strong. Lingerie and hosiery were my choices as a young dresser and I also had no clue about the term CD at that time.

The real change and transition was when I bought my first pair of shoes, that was about 20 years ago. I loved the way the heels set off my legs. Then I was a semi pro cyclist and really in the best shape of my life. My legs in shimmering stockings and pumps seemed so very natural, like they were a perfect match. I really have always thought that my legs were my best feminine attribute, and then they were pretty astonishing as I thought. I think now I am really at a phase where I am really discovering myself as a crossdresser and I feel close to new turning points.

Interestingly enough it was when a member of this forum responded to a PM I had sent. Prior to that, I was just a lurker on this board reading the posts as a non member at first then a member.

Finally realizing that I had gone as far as I could in my lurking, I decided to PM one of the many friendly faces I saw here and asked her a couple of questions. To my great surprise, but I should have expected it from any of the gals here, I got a response. It was wonderful. It was full of information, tips and advice that really turn things around for me as a Crossdresser. I discovered that the only thing that was wrong with me was I wasn’t getting out and experiencing it more.

So, to that friend and all my friends here as well as the casual observer that posts occasional messages; thanks for being here and available to a youngster like me just getting my feet wet.

Jen

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I had the desire all my life and dabbled a bit with my wlife's stuff when she was gone. But then in 1996, after me dropping a few hints, my wife started dressing me fully including makueup and nail polishing. I have been dressing every night after that and now, after retiring, all day every day. I consider myself more a non op ts than a cd now.