Thread: Got caught.....ended up telling the parents..

Got caught.....ended up telling the parents..

Well to start off, unfortunately I still live at home. My mother was in my room putting something away in my drawer, and she could not get the drawer closed. She must have pulled out the drawer and there she saw my four bras, my couple pair of panties, a pair of sweat pants, and the little make up I have. Once I got home my dad asked me what they were from. I replied with nothing, and he asked if they were souvenirs I just said yes to avoid answering more to this situation. I knew I should just have came out right away, but I did not. My dad kept bringing up the fact if I was dressing up as a girl, and I just avoided it and kept saying no. Just a little bit ago he walked in my room and started talking to me about it. He said in a kinda loving voice, son, are you dressing up as a girl. I just said yeah. He replied with then why did you just not tell me that in the first place? I just said because I was a little emarrassed. Then he asks if I was weird, so right away I replied with a no I'm not gay. Long story short, I came out to my parents, my dad didn't seem to think much of it. He even said, what are you going to be a crossdresser? I don't know it was very frightening. I never told them about Cady, but they now know their son wears bras and panties........I'm pretty sure they knew something was up when they first found them considering there was make-up and a pair of sweat pants. But it kind of feels good deep deep down inside....

That may not be the way you wanted to come out, but at least it's out and didn't cause any major fireworks.

I hope your parents are supportive and accepting in this part of your life. It sounds like they're not going to go sending you away to a shrink or anything and that's a good sign.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Wink

I know you must have had some terrible anxiety. I have incredible anxiety and paranoia about getting outed. Even with my wife and she has actually seen me partially dressed a few times. Since I have joined this forum, I have come close at least two dozen times to telling my wife that my hobby is more than I have let on. Yeah, she isn't stupid and probably understands more than I give her credit. But, it's something quite different to verbalize it.

My wife asked me last night if I was seeing another woman. Of course, I am not and immediately said no, but actually, Karen - my alter ego, is the other woman.

I'm happy for you that it has gone as well as it has.

Keep us posted on how things go.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
    I know you must have had some terrible anxiety. I have incredible anxiety and paranoia about getting outed. Even with my wife and she has actually seen me partially dressed a few times. Since I have joined this forum, I have come close at least two dozen times to telling my wife that my hobby is more than I have let on. Yeah, she isn't stupid and probably understands more than I give her credit. But, it's something quite different to verbalize it.

My wife asked me last night if I was seeing another woman. Of course, I am not and immediately said no, but actually, Karen - my alter ego, is the other woman.

I'm happy for you that it has gone as well as it has.

Keep us posted on how things go.

In a way you are seeing another woman, but your still seeing yourself. My heart is still jumping a little bit...

Hi Cady Sounds like they took it pretty well. I think you are fortunate to have such seemingly accepting parents. I can't imagine what would happen if mine found out about me. Good Luck!

If thats as bad as it gets, it's the best thing that could of happened to you, since you are still living at home, I will assume you are young, at least a lot younger than me.lol. You never have to worry about someone catching you and telling you parents, they know. The worst is over and here you are a live to tell us about it! congrats.

At least it is out in the open. Make certain if you are not bi or gay that your parents are aware. It is quite common for those who don't understand our dressing to assume we are gay. I have always explained it that the % of men who dress are gay is the same as the population in general. I would still take great care about what clothing you let be known you wear. Bras, panties and sweats are a bit different than girdles, forms, hose and dresses.
    Good luck and may your parents be understanding.
    Peace,
    Khelli

Aspiring Member
    it could have been worse, they might have caught you dressed, now if they do, and i am not saying flaunt it, they will not be shocked. i think the male parent is always the one that is most upset. macho and all that. just let things lie, and everything will probably work out. good luck

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    It sounds like your parents are pretty understanding! It would be hard, I think, to keep dressing secret from those you live with. Better now that you have an environment to feel free in !!

at least

On a good note you don't have to worry as much when you dress up around the house. On another note it sometimes is the excitment of wondering if you'll get caught that makes it thrilling.

Aspiring Member
    I'm sure my parents would have reacted the same way, and their seeming lack of response is saying in a very loud voice "We love you son".
    You have better parents than ninety percent of all the people you will ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by superpike View Post
    On a good note you don't have to worry as much when you dress up around the house. On another note it sometimes is the excitment of wondering if you'll get caught that makes it thrilling.
    Yeah I think getting caught in my eyes made it easier on myself for the future. This way now that it is out there..they will not expect as much.

Don't feel bad, WE ALL would have probably acted exactly the same way.

At least you are OUT - so far, the world hasn't come to an end - but I don't believe I would flaught it in front of my parents

JoAnne Wheeler

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Cool, I figure that is how most parents catch you..

Putting clothes away.. But now you can relax somewhat. But don't flaunt it, If you want to dress more freely at home I would talk with you mom first and see how she and your dad would take it. I wouldn't wear anything to provocative. Spandex pants and nice blouses would be acceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by superpike View Post
    I do hope you do not take your parents reaction as a pass to dress up as much as you want around the house, I feel that you have very loving parents who do not want to push you away because of your dressing, but as a CD you need to show restrain on your dressing and show that you respect them.

We Cd's can sometime go over broad and put a strain on a relationship and family

LA CINDY LOVE

At lest they don't seem very upset. Maybe in time they will be OK with it.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by LA CINDY LOVE View Post
    I do hope you do not take your parents reaction as a pass to dress up as much as you want around the house, I feel that you have very loving parents who do not want to push you away because of your dressing, but as a CD you need to show restrain on your dressing and show that you respect them.

We Cd's can sometime go over broad and put a strain on a relationship and family

LA CINDY LOVE

I did not take it as a pass at all. I am not that mean of a son(daughter) to them.

Sounds to me like you might have a good set of parents! :-)
    Good parents will love you no matter what you do, wear, or feel. They may get angry, they may get irritated, but they will love you.

Congrats!
    That's great that your parents seem understanding and that your crossdressng is out in the open with them. It could have been worse, but I'm glad things turned out ok.

Now that they know, I'd take things slow and not start dressing up in front of them whenever you feel like it.
    It will take time for things to soak in with them.

You're one of the few who have come out to their parents.
    Although I am very confident going out in public as my feminine self,
    I don't think I could ever tell my folks. However, I never thought I could be doing all things I've done so who knows what could happen.

Hugs
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Gold Member
    they might have an attitude like they would rather you didn't do it but at least it was not some rage scene like the horror stories we often hear about.

My dad would rather I not dress en femme but he is not like an ass about it.

Keep in mind that any parents out there have been around longer than the kids [obviously] and the parents have more "Worldly wisdom" so if they find their own son is CD, it is not going to be some huge shock.

YOu know what would have been funny, when your dad saw your femme stuff if he had said "Boy, what the hell you been doing getting in my closet?!?"

I, too, got caught . . .

Sounds like everything went well. Wished my parents were like that when they found my stash. But there again, it was forty five years ago! Anonymous in Maryland

A few years ago, when I was still living at home and didn't have any female clothes of my own, I used to 'borrow' bras etc from my mum.

One day she noticed things weren't quite how she left them, and asked if I knew anything about it! I can't quite remember what I told her, but I'm pretty sure she knew it was me. Whether she put it down to simple curiosity, or something more, I still don't know to this day!

I've always wondered how she'd react if I came out to her.

Debbie