I read so many threads about people who purged and regretted it because they found themselves replacing articles of women's clothing they had dumped or discarded.

You read these stories over and over again and I feel bad for those who had items that they wish they had back. It is not easy having to spend monies again and in many cases unable to find the items they most loved.

With this thread I wanted to address the issue of purging. I am not saying that purging is not the way to go for those who find they want to stop dressing but I guess the thesis to this thread should read like this.

Purging does not address the root cause for dressing. It simply removes the ability to dress when the desire comes. Purging does not remove the desire to dress just the accessibility to dress.

Would it not be better to address the root causes and deal with them however we can before taking the plunge into purgatory ?

I know that dressing can seem like almost impossible to give up, but if someone were to succeed would it not be possible to still have the clothing and discard them once someone really feels they have overcome the desire to dress?

I know for many dressing is something they believe cannot be trully stopped but I believe that it can.

I believe that dressing is a choice like anything else and we always have the choice, otherwise we become slaves to it, slaves do not have a choice.

Behavoir can be modified if one trully wants to. Alcoholics may not be a good example, but I know many of them who stopped drinking and still attend functions and parties where alcohol is served. Can the need to stop dressing be looked at the same way?

This thread is not an answer thread but just a speculation thread and your feedback even if contrary is valid.

thanks for letting me share