One of my female friends is helping me with an outfit for Halloween. We've been discussing for a month or so what I should be looking for - colors, styles, and the like. Last week I asked her to go purse shopping with me (the last piece I needed), and after that we went back to my apartment, where I showed her what I'd come up with and had her give me some makeup tips.

I must have done or said something to tip her off, because as I was driving her home (after letting her talk me into wearing my outfit to the car), she asked me flat out if this was more than just a Halloween thing. Well, I couldn't lie to such a direct question, so I said yes. She told me she's 100% behind me and will help me out as much as she can with tips and advice. Even though I'm not sure how far I want to go with my CDing - or if it will ever become more than a "hobby" of sorts - it's good to know that there's someone who will stick with me.

(And before the comments start coming: Dating her is very likely out of the question. I enjoy spending time with her and she's fun to hang out with, but it's not likely things will move past platonic friendship, for reasons I'd rather not discuss.)