Thread: Update why are us olders, so interested in this

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update why are us olders, so interested in this

So what is the deal with us older cross dressing folks? Are we really increasing our cross-dressing activity with age?
    I want input on this. You gals on this site seem to be mostly older (45+) and have gotten more active with this lately.
    A lot of us would be interested in this subject. Aren’t you?
    Here are the ideas that I want some feedback on:
    1. WE have more time on our hands and it is something to do
    2. We now can afford to do it right and we didn’t years ago
    3. We are going thru or have gone thru mid-life
    4. We are thinking “screw it”; what am I waiting for?
    5. Any illusion that we could be attractive woman is gone and we can settle for a pleasant looking middle age woman. A lot easier to achieve.
    6. We talk about it more because of this web site.
    7. Society is more tolerant
    8. It is just more fun than it used to be when your older
    I hope to get at least 100 responses and summarize the feedback at the end.
    Any thoughts gals? Barb123

On Feb 24th, at 2:53 pm, I started a new thread and asked on this blog; So why are us olders, so interested in this. It seemed many of us “olders” got more interested in cross-dressing as we aged. Certainly, this poll was not a scientific survey, but it was nonetheless insightful to me and I wanted to understand what was going on here.

There were about 40 responses in just 24 hours in mid week which was a great response. But once the newness of the topic eroded by newer threads, I got no more responses.

The clear number one answer was “screw it, I am doing it’. This was on 71% of respondents!
    The sentiment seems to have been. ‘I had been waiting until… whatever, (kid’s growing up, wife acceptance, maybe these thoughts will go away), but I can’t contain this any longer.’ I suspect the downside risks were overcome by the needs to meet whatever is met by the needs we have to cross-dress. In the insurance business we say: “The perfume of the premium exceeded the stink of the risk”

The second most common answer was “we now have more time” this was on 42% of the replies. I guess we were less distracted doing other stuff. What are me mo longer doing?

The close third answer on 37% was this website or more conversation with others. My guess is we hear about the exploits, gained more courage or felt challenged or we see the pictures and say to ourselves “that looks like fun or I need to do something like it.” I would be open to your spins on this, too.

In last place at 9% was “it is just more fun now”. I posed the question, to see if I was typical, because this is how I felt. It has been more fun for me but that may be because I am much more relaxed. Being a 50 something, sometimes passable woman is better than a bad looking guy trying to dress up. It may just mean that we weren’t all that involved when we were younger.

Well what is your spin on the question?

If you still want register your opinion on the survey, reply or drop me a note or you can refer to the thread. i will recalculate the results again on March 6and let you know if anything changed.
    Barb123
    Last edited by Di; 02-28-2010 at 10:14 AM.