and the world didn't end!

I've been pulled over before, but in the past have just had a skirt on, and/or a bit of lipstick. Never FULLY dressed.

Tonight was different, I was wearing a short skirt, dark sheer hose, 4" heels, and a tight white top over C (or maybe D) size forms. The top was snug enough that you could see the lace of the bra through it.

I was fully made up, including ruby red lipstick and long dangling earrings (my ears are pierced). In short, there was NO WAY that the officer didn't notice how I was dressed.

It happened when I was in a 'left turn only' lane at a stop light and decided that I really wanted to go straight. There was no other traffic on the road, so when the light changed I went straight through it. The instant I did, I saw the police lights flash on from a parking lot just off the intersection

Of course, I had the instant "Oh ****" few moments of panic and for a split second even considered trying to wipe off some of my makeup... but that thought didn't last long. I am TIRED of trying to hide everything and by the time I was at the side of the road the panic had turned more to curiosity. How was HE going to handle this?

When he came up beside the window, I still had my purse on my lap and I was digging through it trying to find my wallet (too many pockets and little compartments to hide things). He waited patiently for me to find it, shining his light into the car so I could see better. After I handed him the license, the light from his flashlight moved toward me a bit more and he checked to see if I was wearing a seat belt (they ticket you here on a stop if your seat belt isn't fastened). I'm sure he got quite and eye full of my chest, with the seat belt running between my breasts...

While he was back in his car running my license, a few gangs of college aged kids walked past (this is a pretty big college town) and I'm sure I was fully visible to them. I was also surprised when 2nd patrol car showed up, but that officer just stood off my passenger door shining his light on my car. (in this area, they only patrol with one officer per car, so on most stops a 2nd one will show up for backup pretty much automatically). I'd hate to think that this happened because the first one radioed something in like "Hey you have to come see what I'm dealing with on my traffic stop!" but I doubt it, that thought was probably just my paranoia of the moment.

Anyway, within about 10 minutes he came back and gave my license back to me and said I was free to go. Not even a verbal warning. I think he was looking for for DUI suspects and when he found out I hadn't been drinking he just wanted to cut me loose...

So in the end, absolutely NO mention of the way I was dressed or any different treatment by either officer. Very professional through the entire stop.

I hope this post will ease the mind of any of you 'dress and drive' newbies out there...