Thread: I DARE you to read this

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Complex Lolita...

I DARE you to read this

[SIZE="2"]This quote, I mean:

“What kind of man would live where there is no daring? I don’t believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all.” (Charles A. Lindbergh)

Do you agree? Speaking as a male by birth, genetic boy, or whatever, I wish to state that (for some of us) MtF crossdressing is a very daring enterprise that requires risk taking on a scale most men cannot or will not imagine. If you’re like me, you’re definitely trying to accomplish something, like turn concepts about gender upside-down, or derive pleasure from forbidden sources, not to mention experiment with one’s inherent masculinity. I don’t HAVE to do this, rather I WANT to do it, because I can, and it makes perfect sense to me…

A man wearing a dress – this takes courage! You have to face, oppose, and defy everything that you have learned, everything you’ve been told, and everything you will come up against in your personal quest for happiness. In essence, you’re challenging yourself, in a rather masculine way, to go someplace forbidden – are you fearless enough to wear panties, wear a wig, and paint your nails? Are you bold enough to step over the un-crossable line society has placed before you? Are you intrepid in your endeavor, not shrinking away from the dangers and bullies that lurk around every corner? More importantly, have you made up your mind to be resolute in your adopted queerness, and suffer the slings and arrows of those who look down on you, both in the RW and within the community? This is a work in progress, but you need to be determined

Of course, you may or may not be a daredevil – boldness walks hand-in-hand with foolhardiness, you know. Do you take calculated risks, or are you reckless? I see myself as adventurous, but also very cautious, taking measured steps into the unknown. It’s too bad that scaling the heights of gender-variance is akin to climbing Everest, but that’s the kind of challenge many of us males are facing when we don the “wrong” clothes. Why do such a seemingly nonsensical thing? For me, it came about in the form of a “calling,” a tacit acknowledgement that tactile sensation is beautiful, along with the attendant feelings that occur naturally. Carrying on from that first awakening, I began my bold quest away from M and towards F – I knew I would always return to base camp, but I would not, or could not, ever be comfortable as a drab adventure-less soul…

Much like Lindbergh and his solo flight, I go it alone – I am solitary by nature, but I couldn’t find or enjoy true happiness without the continuing support of other pilgrims & peers. I take wing, using all the effeminacy I can muster, and I attempt to span the gulf between the genders. The ultimate destination may be less important than the journey itself – for some, this is an excellent reason to crossdress, and, at the end of the day I’m pleased to say I have a smile on my face. This is what happens when you DARE yourself to do something that others can’t even imagine, let alone make happen. Do you think that MtF crossdressing requires courage, bravery, resolve, fearlessness, determination, and unwavering purpose? I dare say you’re right

I’d like to close with this topically important quote:
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345
    Some Stared, Some Laughed, and Some Made Fun of Me. But I Don't Care! The thing is, though, that this was not unexpected. Rationally, even though I had yet to experience a negative reaction from another, and given that I am increasing my exposure in the public arena, I knew such attacks would eventually occur. And in as much as I have anticipated such an occurrence, I thought that would take the sting out of it all. It did not. The attacks hurt. The attacks saddened me. But the attacks did nothing to lessen my resolve and dedication.
    [SIZE="2"]Amen! [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 07-08-2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Added a little