This might get a bit long so please bear with me. The other night I dressed up for the first time in a long time and I had a wonderful time. It was a somewhat warm evening so I stepped out on the back porch for awhile and enjoyed my time outside(late and no neighbors to worry about!) The wife and I talked for awhile and then we both crashed hard. The following morning I got the kids off to school and then decided to do some shopping for the Mrs. for Mother`s Day. Now, mind you, I have gone out before underdressed and with some light eye makeup on but never interacted with anyone. Before I left I decided to call and double check with the local Lane Bryant on their policy with CD/Transgendered customers. The girl assured me that I was welcome and they could help me with all of my needs. I dont know if you want to call it boy mode, girl mode or something in between. Anyway, bra with small forms, panties, College themed hoodie, guys jeans, gender neutral tennis shoes. mascara and eyeliner(lined upper lids only) and some lip gloss. No wig, girlie sunglasses on. Not all guy, not all girl The drive up was nonevent until I hit the parking lot and wow, did I get nervous! I immediately scanned the area for anyone that I recognized(didn't see anyone, lol). Quickly checked my phone and then stepped out of the comfort of my truck. A deep breath and another scan of the parking lot, all clear. Head up, shoulders back and my best girly walk right into the store. I put my sunglasses on my head and am greeted with a friendly hello. I walked over to the desk and the manager(I assume) asks me if I need any help and upon seeing my appearance, make up and boobs, she greets me with a nice gentle, accepting smile and a "how can I help you?". I am now at ease. I tell her that I needed a gift card and she hooks me up and asks me if I needed help with anything else. Uh oh, PANIC! I looked around the store and said not today. I am then met with another look from the manager that I interpreted as, "it`s ok, you are fine". I paid for the gift card for the wife. Shot the manager a nice smile, said thank you and left. I DID IT!!!!

The world didn't end. The girls in the store didn't fall on the floor laughing like the devil. What a rush. there was one older woman who was walking right behind me and got into the vehicle right next to my truck. I caught a look of shock on her face from the corner of my eye as she checked me out. All I could do was giggle a bit knowing that I would probably never see her again.

To wrap up the story, the Mrs. is taken care of for Mother`s day. I proved to myself that going out andro/a bit girly and not all guy is not the end of the world. It was fun. Lastly, the drive home was non eventful and very relaxing. Next time, if there is a next time(don't want to violate any agreement that I have with the wife) I think that it could be nice outfit, wig, full make up, you know....full on girl mode Something tells me that no one would be the wiser(and I don't pass well...at all).

If you have stuck with me this far, thank you for reading. Sometimes this life we live is a very rocky road and sometimes it brings comfort and the happiest of feelings. Through it all, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Nat