I got a phone call from my mother this afternoon. We hadn't talked in a few weeks and we had a nice "how are things going" sort of conversation. I had mentioned I hadn't heard from Corey (my youngest) in a while and she said she had seen them.

Corey's sons name is Riley. My mother tells me she feels the same way about him as she did me. I asked her what she meant. "I always thought that you were to pretty to be a boy." There was silence for a while. She asked if I was mad at her for saying that. She thought she had told me that before. (She had)

I took a deep breath. "About that, mom......"

I told her EVERYTHING. From being a little girl through today. Sneaking off to wear my sisters dresses. Wanting my ears pierced when I was 12. Wanting to go to prom in a gown, not a tux. Going to Coconuts for Ladies Night for years. EVERYTHING!!

She was totally excepting and told me I was her son and she loved me. If I wanted to be her daughter, that was just fine with her. I can't believe my drama queen mother took it in stride. Kind of makes me wish I had told her when I was younger. Wonder if thing would have been different.
Can't stop smiling...and crying...