Wondering whether to work on the bathroom today (construction) or dress for office work. Decided to do both.

I finally bought a 18v Li-Ion tool set, and have been wanting to use it. I needed to re-do the downstairs bathroom lights and mirror. The thing is from the 1960s. Awful floursecent tubes… So I got a nice mirror, and two sets of 4 place lights for the sides of the mirror- rather than over the top. I’ve got 8 LED bulbs in- it makes for a fantastic makeup mirror, a dimmer is necessary no question, but even at full power, drawing only 60 watts. I like this.

I had started removing the cabinet earlier, found the electrical stuff needed and bought it. Stopped halfway through the job at bedtime.

When I got up this morning I tossed on a grey patterned belted knit dress from Meijer’s, with a long sleeved cute red sparkly (holiday type) bolero/shrug to start on office work, but I kept getting distracted thinking about the bathroom project. So I put on some work gloves (women's of course), and slowly worked on finishing the job. Not wanting to make as much mess, I vacuumed as I worked, cleaning up each little pile of sawdust or plaster dust. I stayed in flats and hose, though I did take off the bolero. I had a lot of fun doing the work, little bits at a time, keeping things clean.

Plus, I bought new hand tools, (un-needed) and I got to play with them. Milwaukee, and DeWalt, and Vise Grip are making some nice new hand tools, fun to play with, especially in a dress. It feels good though, nice tactile sensations. Maybe i'm just in a good mood, I'm even enjoying (to a degree) trying to work and stay clean- makes dressing up more accessable and utile. The gloves look incongruous, but then so does the dress. Hey, at least they are feminine looking, that's the key thing for me at this point. And another plus, when i got done, i washed my hands and put on hand lotion, something i rarely do in 'guy mode'.

I took no more than twice as long, but there was less swearing and banging my hands than usual, which was good. I almost felt like I was doing a Julia Child or Martha Stewart episode. And seeing all the remodeling shows with women doing the work, makes me rather envious. Granted a dress is not appropriate work wear, but there are technical jobs where one dresses professionally despite doing dirty work. But yes, looks like I’ll be hitting the LL Bean Catalog for some feminine “workwear”. I've been wanting to expand the foundation....