Was out to brunch with a friend yesterday, and she mentioned this boutique clothing sale she was planning on going to later in the day. Since I'm already out to her, and could always use a few new dresses, I enthusiastically jumped on the opportunity and said I wanted to go with. She was completely open to that, so we went, me unfortunately in drab, but excited nonetheless. The show was on the small side, but well-stocked, 3 racks overflowing with really cute dresses, tops, and skirts. When the designer approached my friend, she told her I was looking, too (didn't ask my permission, but not a big deal), and the designer came over to me, gave me a big warm smile, apologized for not having a gender-appropriate changing room (only one shared room for the GG's), and encouraged me to ask her questions about sizes and to feel free to try things on over my clothing. That made me feel very welcome and at-ease, so I kind of went for it after that. It was really liberating to shop for girl clothes without having to lean on my wife and pretend that everything is for her, and not have to patronize only businesses that have family dressing rooms (Target). I only purchased two dresses given the prices, but I'm really happy with my purchases - I'll post pics soon, promise!