Just wanted to thank all of you girls - being on this board is so encouraging! I think Stephanie's steps out into the world would have been much smaller, and much more hesitant, if it wasn't for y'all

Last weekend was a pretty good one for me; I went back home to visit a childhood friend, then spent all day Sunday en femme, getting dressed up at home (folks were gone for the weekend) and driving back to the city I live in. I think it was the first time I've been out in broad daylight! After a nap when I got back, I decided it was too good an evening to waste, and by golly, I was going out. So I ran an errand I'd been meaning to get to for a while - to Target to pick up a pair of black tights. First time out shopping! Then I went to see Trainwreck (which was super fun).

The point of all this was, everyone I met was super nice, and treated me not a whit differently than they would have treated me in guy mode - actually, people seemed even friendlier and kinder. And if that was down to them clocking me, I guess I'm really ok with that. The girl selling tickets at the movie theater got a big smile on her face when I walked in even, it was funny.

Of course, I live in the liberal college town of my state, so folks like me aren't exactly uncommon. But even if we were a dime a dozen, hearing your stories and encouragement was so meaningful to getting me up off my butt!