Thread: Are you a sensible type or an eccentric ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Are you a sensible type or an eccentric ?

Last Friday night at my social meeting while I was serving myself a coffee I stepped aside to let someone to pass when I caught the side of my foot on the leg of some stacked chairs. It must have some jagged metal because the side of my foot was bleeding and I had a torn hole in my stocking, ( yes I did do a Dick Dastardly impression under my breath !) No problem, from my first time out I'd taken the precaution of putting a spare pair of stockings in a polythene bag to tuck in my handbag . So I made my way to the disabled toilet because it had more room, to slip the stocking off and try to stem the bleeding. After a few minutes slipped on the new stocking , nearly as good as new , I felt like no so much a good boyscout but more a good girl guide.

Saturday morning my wife noticed the gash on my foot, so I retold the incident and how I'd sensibly taken some spare stockings. She looked at me, pulled the usual disapproving face and said you really are an old eccentric, I don't know anybody who carries a spare pair of tights or stockings.

So I've just failed another GG test, women don't carry spares unless they're eccentric !

So what are you a sensible type or an old eccentric ??
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-21-2016 at 05:25 AM. Reason: missed the n out of sensible in the title.