I did it! Don't get me wrong in the past I have gone out, but it has always been ducking and dodging as I rushed through a store or got gas hoping no one would notice this "dude in a dress". However, this time I went for it. A road trip as Nicole! Hotel, movie, drive thru, and stores all as Nicole!Granted there were several times that I sat in the car a little longer than normal and waited for the coast to clear. However, the end result was that I did it. The confidence was key and a what the heck attitude.
I had a four hour drive as Nicole stopping at Chik Fil A where the young lady took my order as she stood next to the drive up menu and then the two young men at the window carried on as if it was business as usual. Then is was on to the hotel to check in under my boy name even though I was dressed as Nicole. There were two older men in the parking lot of the hotel I checked into in East Texas (bible belt ultra conservative part of Texas) and I waited in the car as they finally went into the hotel. A few minutes later I checked my lipstick in the mirror and went for it. I think my hands were noticeably trembling as I told the hotel clerk my name and handed her my license and credit card. Then you know what happened? Nothing! The lady went on business as usual and was very friendly. She even but me on the first floor by the side exit so I could come and go as I pleased. That night I went to a movie (yes it was a small theater in a small town). I waited for this big country boy to buy his ticket and then I went for it. Then you know what happened? Nothing! Then it was back to the hotel. The next morning I headed back home but had to go through the drive thru at Starbucks, the dollar store for a car charger (which they didn't have), so on to Walgreens to get it. You know what happened at these places? Nothing! It was business as usual. Ok so here is the deal. I am 5'11 and 195 with a 5 o'clock shadow that starts as soon as I am done shaving(twice). I don't pass! But dressing appropriately and going about my business with confidence(seen on the outside even though I am nervous on the inside) is the key. I owe that to Jenniferathome. She gave me the boost of confidence to go for it. Plus I am truly grateful for Allie45 who has my back should things go sideways and I know I can call her day or night to help in any situation. So for you ladies wanting to go out amongst the general population go for it! Just dress appropriately, go with confidence and be safe. If I can do it you can too!
Nicole