My wife and I went out to dinner at a favorite Greek restaurant. It was a lovely night in the mid 70’s and a light breeze. Since I’m handicapped, I usually use a scooter to go long distances and I think it disguises my 195lb/6’ body. Since it wasn’t far from the car to the restaurant and I am gaining confidence, I used the 4wheel walker instead of the scooter.

We entered the restaurant, the middle aged, Greek hostess greeted us and lead use to a booth directly across from another boothwith 2 couples. The hostess volunteered to take the walker, so as I handed her the walker, I put my hand and weight on the table to ease myself into the booth. Unfortunately, the booth wasn’t anchored to the wall and tipped sharply towards me.

My wife looked very surprised, recovered, and loudly exclaimed, “With th grace of a gazelle!”. In her Greek accented voice, the hostess added, “She is a big lady!” I slide into the booth, recovered my composure, and had a good laugh. The couples across from us never even looked our way.

Throughout the evening, I never got a second look. We had a lovely dinner and night out.