Not expecting a lot of responses, just need to put in writing what happened tonight.

As many know with crossdressing there are ups and downs. The last few days I have been kind of down and out, not sure why just get that way now and then.

My wife has always been supportive although she is not thrilled with my dressing. She has gone shopping with me, and even before she had her stroke she went out and bought me a lot of women's clothing for my birthday, and she had never done that on her own. My wife is basically still the same woman, about all that has changed is her thought process is slower and she has no movement in her right arm/hand and limited movement in her right leg.

Today while I was in the computer room checking my email and a couple of other things she stopped in and asked what was wrong. Why did I look and act kind of sad. I told her just the normal stuff. She asked what so I told her it was about my dressing, not being accepted by society (at least in our area). Well she said here in the house it is not public, but I told her I know she isn't thrilled with it so I don't dress as much because of her.

Then she said something that shocked me... "Then why don't I just give it up".

Her comment usually goes along with something like well just dress and don't worry about her. I told her if I just gave it up, I would think about it more and that probably wouldn't help my slight depression. She told me that after 17 years she is used to me dressing, and then I asked if she has just learned to ignore it and she said yes.

Not sure if how she feels about my dressing is changing or what. She doesn't seem to be in a bad mood, but she does seem to be in more physical pain than normal. She also seems to be snapping at me when things are going her way.

I know most will tell me just ask her what is going on, but since her stroke her mood swings are big on some days but most days they aren't that bad.

Again I don't expect a lot of responses, just needed to get this written down (vent).