Thread: DADT Twists and Turns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DADT Twists and Turns

Had an amazing change in my wife's attitude towards my CDing a few weeks back. I'm still digesting it, and it's gonna sound like cheap CD fiction, but it's all true. First, some background:

1980 - Wife and I have "the chat" a while before marriage. We enter a decades long phase of cold DADT. There's an understanding I'm going to do my thing if she's not in town but otherwise she will have no exposure whatsoever to Michelle.

2014 - I ask my wife, for the first time ever, if she'd like to be directly involved. I'm shocked she replies she'd be game. We take a girls trip to Las Vegas. She is a total trooper, pleased to experience first hand it's all kind of harmless.

A new dawn! I move my stash from a suitcase in the attic to the closet in the spare bedroom. I ask a year later if we're going back to Las Vegas. "No, that's your thing, I don't care to be involved. You go, have fun." We enter a stage I think of as "tolerant DADT".

2018 - I prep for a big Michelle weekend which includes renting a dress from Rent The Runway which is scheduled to arrive the day after she leaves town. The day before she leaves town I return home from the gym and she announces "Michelle Houston just got a package from Rent The Runway. Please explain." Ugh ugh ugh. "A group is going in drag to Hamburger Mary's on Saturday so I rented a party dress."

Her response was most unexpected. "Sounds like fun! I get to see the dress. Not on you, just see it. Oh, it's very sexy, you'll look nice in it. May I try it on?" She tried it on and, yes, wore it much better than me. Then: "We could go to Hamburger Mary's, that would be fun." Puzzled expression from me. "Yes, you would dress up."

WOW! Like I said, I'm still processing, but looks like tolerant DADT might be heading in a new direction. Stay tuned! Hugs, Michelle
    Last edited by michelleddg; 08-05-2018 at 06:23 PM.