I know we still have to take care during the lockdown restrictions but my mum was getting concerned she wouldn't be able to do the first cut on her lawn so I told her I would load my mower in the car and give it the first cut of the season . She had also run short of potting compost so the first part on my trip was to our local Homebase store to pick up some compost and while I was there I bought a selection of winter pansies for her and a bag of lawn " Weed & feed " for myself . As I knew I would be dragging my mower about I slipped on a pair of jeans and one of my blouses I use for doing odd jobs and a lightweight jacket with small wedge shoes . She was really pleased I'd done the first cut and with the plants and potting compost to plant them in . Afterward we sat and had a sandwich with a cup of tea and chatted for an hour . Obvioulsy the conversation got round to my gender situation and the acceptance issue , she said when I first told her I could no longer do male mode she really worried what I would look like but then added I'm so glad you stuck at it because I know now I needn't have worried . I told her the full story of how I wanted to get things right and why I went to have my skin colour checked , she thought I'd got the balance right but not to overdo it .
Again the question of my sister came up so I asked what was her problem ? We've never been close as brother and sister so she can hardly want to retain the brother , we both agreed that only takes a couple of meetings before most people feel comfortable .

Again this makes the point about the difference between telling someone and the reality of seeing them , so many times I've had a positive reaction because what they think I might look like and what I actually look like is totally different . I still feel much of the blame is down to media presentation and how they project a CDer or TG person