Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we doin for a living?

I am a letter carrier for the Postal Service so I am in uniform while at work. There's a lot of walking involved so it's just as well that I am not tempted to wear heels. The blisters would be brutal.

I work at home usually enfemme as a travel agent with my own company. Several times each year I am enfemme when I together with my SO accompany groups on cruises.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Well right now Im in college and dont dress there. Hell if anything Im known as the manly dude (strange or what) but I usually have something on under my normal clothes. Im starting work in a community radio station soon Apparently Ive been assigned a show interviewing groups that deal with all aspects of the underpriviledged in society and people with disabilites and stuff so im sure there might be a couple groups dealing with gender issues in the mix too but even so I dont think i'll start dressing for there just yet.

I work as a hair stylist and do dress enfemme at work once a week.Luckily my boss lets me do this once a week,she loves my en femme side including my co workers and customers.My boss prohibits discrimination and takes care of it asap when it happens

I work in the newspaper industry, in pre press doing desk top publishing. I underdress all the time now, and occasionally wear ladies jeans and tops. The production area I work in is pretty big, and each and every one of the staff who actually know who I am, know about my future plans. On all company records my name is now Anna and pretty much everyone refers to me using feminine pronouns. The company has a strict non discrimination policy which conforms with government legislation so when I am ready to begin my transition I do not envisage any work related problems.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    During the daytime I manage a horse farm and 4 evenings a week I put on my business suit and do all of the billing and office work for a veterinary office. My vet loves her secretary and claims that I can get more work done in 4 evenings work than two people, so my time as a woman is very productive and rewarding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Insdie the locked closet Karynl's Avatar
    Newbie here.

I work in the wireless communications industry. I meet with many customers every day and work in a small business environment; so no fem outer clothing. I do wear panties 24/7 and pantyhose or tights during the winter. I do get to wear nightgowns and fem pajamas at home with wife.

Karyn

Retired photocopier service person for a large Dutch coy.
    Before that radio comms technician with local Police Dept.

Yvonne
    Always remember you're unique... Just like everyone else.

Embedded Software Engineer. Love the job and no dressing on the job.
    Rachana

Sales Engineering Manager in telecom Industry. Can't dress the part I would like because of profession. Weekends are wide open.

In home Sales

I own a window covering franchise. Do in home sales and installation. One of the other franchise owners (a GG) said her sales increased when she wore a dress. Got me thinking but I don't really think it would work for me. I do underdress at times and maybe even a little make-up but generally am drab.

I'm graduating college and will start work as an Electrical Engineer. I've done plenty of underdressing at school. I know I won't dress like Andrea like work.

Quote Originally Posted by xxlouxx View Post
    What do we all do for a living and do you go to work "dressed"?

Do people employ CD's or are the "funny" about it?

These questions were floating around in my head last night so i thought i'd ask
    Professional author with 20 published books so far. Yes, I dress for my work--I work at home so why not!

I'm a school teacher, so no dressing for me at work. Very, very conservative, Republican place. The Democrats here say they believe in equality and acceptance but I see them insulting gay people all of the time, mostly behind their back though.
    Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    Software Engineer/Programmer. The workplace supports diversity, but get that by your co-workers. Ha.
    Exactly, like I said in theory we're supposed to embrace diversity, but if I showed up dressed any other day than Halloween, I'd be drawn and quartered.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Director

I am a director with a big telecomunications company. Would not go to work dressed but love the Idea.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Programmer - work from home most of the time; but can't dress anyway. SO hasnt come to terms with my other side yet; been about 8 months since we last spoke about it.

I work as a Psychiatric Nurse. Only dress a home with my girlfriend.

I am a self employed auto mechanic. No playing dress up at work for me. the boss won't allow it.

I would bet that if the customers were to come in and see me all dressed up in a long dress pantyhose and heels that they probably wouldn't want me working on their car.

they would probably walk out saying "You don't even know how to dress right, how can you know how to fix a car"

If they only knew.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

burnt out social worker

looking for a new profession.

I am a truck driver and have been for over 11 years.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I'm an Engineer for Mr. Ford's automobile manufacturing company and like other company's, Ford prides itself at being diversity tolerant....although I don't want to test that out for myself just yet !
    Hugs,

Christi

another truck driver here
    Last edited by Krista M; 06-12-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Field service engineer that requires a fair amount of travel (about 12-15 days/month). When I'm on the road I almost always dress in the privacy of whatever hotel I'm staying at. Wouldn't dream of being en femme at a customer location but have ventured out after hours- especially in big cities. Since I'm not a local chance of running into anyone I know is very limited. Lots of opportunites and very enjoyable but 2 wardrobes is tough on the budget. Still it's worth every penny.

Smile

I'm a web analyst for a medium-sized media company that produces content for the web.

I've gone to work with panties on a few times, but mostly I just dress at home in the evenings and on weekends. I do wear makeup every day though, just very light coverage.

I just interviewed for another job at a company that is extremely conservative though and they've said they are sending me an offer letter. I'm going to have to be very careful there if I get the job.
    My Transgender Blog - the girl inside