Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on high heels

Aspiring Member
    My feet are US size 13, so opportunities have always been limited for me

I would love to br able to wear high heels. The problem is I have a massive foot. I wear a size 12EE. I did manage to find a pair of 12W black 2 inch pumps at payless the other day. I managed to just squeeze my foot in. They were a bit uncomfortable, and I only kept them on for about 10 minutes. But can I just say even with the discomfort I was thrilled to have them on. Does that sound stupid? I dunno I just liked the way they looked. I imagined how I would look in some nice panty hose with a knee length black skirt and the pretty pink blouse I bought at Fashion bug. Anyway I digress. Do any of you have the same problem finding larger size shoes? Does anyone have a good shoe source? I have been to several online sites and only a few go to a 13WW which is what I am pretty sure I will need. What I really want are patent red 6 inch stilletos. Yeah Yeah I know I'm not ready for that yet. but I can dream right?

In Jr. High, I tried on my Mom's stilettoes...loved them then...now, I'm in 4 inch mules....just like Barbie!!!!!!

Patricia

Smile High heels

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessac48 View Post
    Does anyone remember their first time walking in high heels, and what they thought it would feel like, as opposed to what it actually did feel like? I thought the first time before I bought some, it would be so hard, and I'd have trouble walking. The reality was, at least for me, it was quite easy, and I admired the look of them on my feet.
    I found them a bit uncomfortable and a little hard to walk in at first but rapidly got used to walking in them. I never got used to them in terms of look and don't particularly like them. I don't wear heels higher than about an inch an a half.

I prefer low heels, the single strap kind. I guess the reason is that I am a rather informal person and even when I dress in a more formal way, I wear dressy shoes with the lower heels. I also prefer a soft, very feminine appearance and find heels come on a bit too strong for me.

I feel like an outcast after reading all of the other postings.

Best.

Patricia, the hard core CD

Heels

Gosh memories... my first "heels" were actually apair of my aunts she was just a little thing and they fir about 2 or3 inches. I fell off them a dozen times but mastered it somewhat eventually. My sister who was a great help, and knew everythiing told me I should start small and work up. so I did. now I can even run in heels with the best of them.. HA HA!

Didn't try heels as a kid, didn't even CD then. Years ago I did try on my first wifes heels occasionally. They were too small and probably only 1" or 1 1/2" heels, but I remember that they were a sandal type shoe so my foot just overhung them a bit.

Lucky for me, my feet aren't very big, about 9 in a man's size and I think the heels are about an 11. Does that seem right?

Now I've got a few pairs of my own high heels, including boots. I only wear them occasionally and never out so I still wobble in them. I do love the feel of them on my feet, the way they arch my foot especially with stockings. I've been real busy since we moved recently and haven't had them on it what seems like ages now. I'm going to have to find the time this weekend to wear them for a while!

Never had any trouble. Started with mom's 4" 1960's micro stiletto pumps, and now a 5" stiletto is very natural and , for the most part, comfortable to me.

Silver Member
    Always loved the sound of "clicking" heels and how all GGs legs looked sooo long when wearing them! When I wore my first pair of 3 inch black patten leather heels, I thought I would fall over from the shifting of my body weight. The view and feel of being taller was exciting! Now, whatever style I choose, I can walk with the best of the GGs!

Enjoy life, Chari

I wore my moms shoes way back when I was too young to know better.. then when I was in high school I wore them again and never had trouble wearing them... I kept seeing a pair of really nice high stiletto shoes in a store and got the nerve up to buy them and never thought at all that they might be hard to wear and they weren't... every pair of shoes that I have ever tried to wear were second nature to me.. now wearing and looking fem while wearing are two different things entirely.. but I can wear, and feel very comfortable, in any style shoe that comes out there, I feel confident of that.. however I would rather stick with my personal choice of pumps first then strappy sandles (with an ankle strap) and the heel height has to be a minimum of three inches high...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

My first pair were black leather pumps with 3 1/2" heels and it was like I had worn them all my life.
    SarahHall

I love to dress gurly!!!!
    Heels and hose are womans' best invention! My first pair was black strappy sandal with a 3 inch heel. Oh how I loved those shoes! Now I have black strappy sparkle 3 inch heels, but my favorite are a pair of 3 inch pumps in pink satin with pointed toes. When I wear these I feel like a princess.
    A woman without heels is flat.
    Last edited by sabrina mercedes; 03-27-2008 at 03:21 PM.

I tried a pair of my adoptive mom's high heels when I was 8 years old and loved it.It started with a pair of one inch heels and went up to 3 1/2 high heels in my teens.I love my heels including my boots.

lovelongnails
    My first pair of heels (20 years ago) was from Fanfares, a classic pump in red, with slightly rounded toes, and a 3 1/2 inch heel. I learned to walk in them in several hours. I can wear them all day long, as well as drive in them, and they are still one of my most favorite pairs. I have several pairs of 4" pumps, with a round baby doll toe with a wider heel, those are also very comfortable to walk in, with far less pressure on the heel due to the larger heel footprint. I have some others with 5" heels, but can't stay in them for over an hour, and am not able to walk well in them, they are fantasy use only.
    Patent leathers are my favorite, doesn't matter what color!

There weren't any large shoes around anywhere!

We didn't have the internet yet and all the wonderful shopping that goes with that.
    Wearing womens shoes was never talked about by anyone anywhere, and we were seriously straight, and everyone was super normal!

My first pair were black boots about 4" heel.
    They were only a size 10 and I racked my brain to see if I could make them fit. I eventually built them up inside to make them effectively 5" heel, but that gave me the extra length I needed!
    I was very surreptitious in wearing them I can tell you!
    Wearing anything besides the boots was not a vague possibility!

The freedom we have now was never dreamt of!!

regards

I started as a small child wearing my Aunt's very high stiletto heeled pumps. I practiced to walk like she did. After all these years, high heels are like wearing slippers for me.

I'm glad that I'm not the only

Quote Originally Posted by lmildcd View Post
    My first heels were about an inch high. I gradually increased the height. Highest ones I have are 3".

Anthing below one and a half inches feels like regular shoes to me. I use to wobble a little at first. Now I feel comfortable in heels.

Will not buy sling backs again. Only type of shoe that does not feel comfortable on me.
    gal that doesn't like the feel of sling backs. I don't know why that is but I only have one pair of slingbacks that I enjoy and they are at least 5 inches so can't wear them to long. But I love the look of them though. My first pair of heels that fit were from Penney's and they were a wide width with a 4 1/2 inch heel and I remember walking across the parking lot to a club. Scared the first time loved it after that

I bought my first pair (platform sandals in pic) knowing chunky heels would likely be easier to walk in. I was right! It was much easier than I had thought. Now I can manage fine in 4" pumps, would love to be daring and go for 5"!

Wow I just love my heels, unfortunately I have had to stop wearing for a while while my knee recovers from surgery but as soon as I can I will b back into them, I took to them like a duck in a pond.... my wife is envious that I walk so easily.

I love every pair of heels I own....but I do happen to have a favorite pair of 6in pink ones....they are very naughty lol

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

thoughts on high heels

I love them and at first it took some getting used to but the right size really does help in the walk and comfort. I have at least 40-50 pairs and love them all. I would love to be able to wear heels that do not have a back but I have never been able to get the walk down properly so I wear mostly strappy sandals and love to be able to show off my painted toenails. I have bright red nails today, just painted them this morning after removing the pink polish I had on for the last two weeks.

Almost Natural

It took just a little time to get used to wearing heels. I have several 4" pairs of pumps and sandals. I have a pair of 5" thigh high boots. The pumps were pretty easy. The sandals have to be worn bare foot or I slide right through them. Still working on the boots, though. They pitch me so far foward and my limited frequency of wearing them has not allowed me to stretch my feet and arches and leg muscles enough to be very graceful. I love them any way! Boots are what got me started into CDing.

Mmmmm yes, love boots. I have three pairs; thigh high black leather with 4" heels, thigh high black faux patent platforms with about 5"+ heels, and an ankle length white pair of 3" I haven't worn in ages!
    Anyone here ever seen the movie "Kinky Boots"? Great British flix about boots and crossdressing! (I know, this is OT!)

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My only sister is ten years older than me. When she was 15, my mom taught her how to walk in heels, I learned how as well. I remember the book on my head and walking around. They probably thought it was funny, but they didn't know.
    Dana Ryan

my first experience was wearing my mums size 5 4 inch stilettos when i was 14, i remember they felt really comfy and were quite easy to walk in. So as i now wear 5 inches myself all that practice stood me in good stead!

Gold Member
    I am not into fetish-high heels, I started with like 2 inch heels and later on tried the 4 inch.
    Walking in heels, while I can't do it sexily, just kinda normal walk, it isn't as hard as I still imagine.