Thread: over bust or onder bust corsets ?

over bust or onder bust corsets ?

which is best for creating a fem figure

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Um, I think that depends on whether you have a bust or not!

Hi there...

I think either style will help you create curves. I think what's important is how the corset is made, the kind of boning that they use. Corsets made with steel boning are the best kind, it really cinches your waist up to 3 inches. It also depends on what style of clothing you are planning to wear it with. I would think if you are going to wear a breastform then underbust corset would be best--that way you could insert the forms & have it pushed up to create more cleavage. ( I think---?)

I'm a GG & I was really obsessed in finding the perfect corset a couple of years ago for a very special occasion. I needed the corset for a strapless, mermaid/ trumpet skirt sheath dress. I already have an hourglass figure but wanted to look even curvier because of the dress

Corsets from the usual lingerie stores didn't help much until I got a corset that was made of steel boning. After I was laced up, my posture changed & the curves got even curvier. Keep in mind you need to train yourself before you wear it with an outfit. I tried my steel boned corset on my SO-Ophelia & it works! O went & bought her own steel boned corset after that.

I got my corset from www.absolutecorsets.com, while O got hers from Ebay. I believe that the ones from Ebay was more affordable.

Tristen Cox
    Glad you said it first Ronni

NOpe no breast here . So for the best shape than ? Underbust ?

Tristen Cox
    I don't think it will change how your waist looks as long as the corset itself is properly fitted, but w/o breasts I would assume(and I prefer them myself) over the bust.

I have to believe that the overbust will do a better job of creating a feminine figure. The biggest problem is shaping the rib cage. The overbust corset has a couple extra inches that will help in shaping the rib cage. Another benifit which I read is that the overbust will naturally help form clevage... Here's a link to Romantasy in San Francisco. They have a section specifically for TG clients.

http://www.romantasy.com/

~Sigrid

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Droool very nice

it's the lucky guy who can comfortably use an overbust. most women even find them uncomfortable and stick with underbusts. i suggest you do the same. atleast for your first corset. what are your natural measurements? typically your first custom corset reduces to 4". check out
    candsconstructions.com (constance & stuart) in england, or their us affiliate
    staylace.com (tom & betty leirse)
    or if you're on a more limited budget
    waspcreations.com (amy)
    those are the best corsettiers in the world. you will not be disappointed.

I chose the underbust corset because it allows me to wear different bra's if I need to.
    But I would like to try a overbust one someday also. The only one I have is from Absolute Corsets like Ayla posted,, well made but not cheap
    Cindy

I have both types of corset, one the the overbust is based on a victorian design, gorgeous to wear and the boys love them I thing because of the suspenders as it has eight, but my preference is the under bust version because for modern clothing it is nice to be able to choose the bra to match the outfit, i do like to show abit of cleavage and tease a little

Wink what corset

speaking as dedicated and I am told very feminin and convincing Tv I have both the victorian over bust and the under bust versions. the victorian is gorgeous towear and the blokes love them but I prefer the under bust as you can choose what bra you want to match what you are wearing