Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does your female name mean??

This is what we get when a machine and a database tell us deep thoughts about us: Some of the response is exactly what it says about others. That said, .....

• Though the name Marla creates the urge to understand and help people, we draw to your attention that it causes an emotional intensity and sensitivity that is hard to control.
    • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid and nervous system.
    • Your first name of Marla has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression.
    • With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires.
    • Your emotional feelings are easily affected and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.
    Gee. They sure pegged me, huh?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Thanks for the link Karren. It is fun. I put in my male name and it was a very accurate match for my traits. Throughout my CDing life I have used 3 different female names. I have only used Chiana on this forum. When I put in my other 2 female names, 1 didn't fit at all. The second name was a little closer but still not very close. I didn't think they would have Chiana in their database but I tried it anyway and it turned out to be much better suited to my personality. I guess it will have to be the "one" from now on.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

My name has a more personal etiology

As a very young boy I used to dream about being the rescuer of a beautiful "damsel in distress" and her name was always Christine. Jump ahead to my young adult years; I met two girls hitchiking in DC in the early 70s on a Friday night about 1:30 AM. I picked them up and we drove around just talking. I dropped them off and went home.
    Jump ahead one full year. I was at a young adults' party at church and this woman came up to me and asked questions about my car, my CB radio handle, and whether or not I remembered picking up 2 girls a year ago on Connetticut Ave and driving around. Long story-shortened, She was one of the girls. Her name? Christine!

We ended up dating and getting married. She enjoyed and actively encouraged my crossdressing (another story).

We divorced for non CD related issues and I still love her to this day (31 yrs later).

So I felt that adopting the name Christine was the obvious choice for a nom de femme. The "dreamer" part was added by the site server as Christine was not available for a SN, but it is oddly appropriate.

No numerology, kabala, but definitely karma.

Christine

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    It's just a feminization of my male name. I know, unimaginative. Maybe I'll change it later.

It's really strange that the name Morgana means the "edge of the sea", as since a small child I have always been fascinated by the ocean, and water in general. I am very much a water-sign, and the mere sound of rushing water calms my being. Perhaps there is something about me that I never really knew.

Morgan (my shortened version of Morgana) is a more accurate name for me than my given name at birth...but I never really knew that.

I know that Morgan is me, and I am Morgan. I have let too much of my life pass me by in denial. No more.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

The meaning of my name.

"Coquette" means a woman who flirts.

From http://www.babbynames.com
    Margo
    * The meaning of the name Margo is Pearl
    * The origin of the name Margo is French
    Margo

Quote Originally Posted by MargoLE View Post
    From http://www.babbynames.com
    Margo
    * The meaning of the name Margo is Pearl
    * The origin of the name Margo is French
    Thanks Karren, a fun little game, but I'd go with the link Margo provides....or any of 100 other like it rather than take the Kabalarian Philosophy one with anything less than a massive pinch of salt!

Get this: IMPORTANT WARNING (down the page from the name meaning search)

"Do not choose a first name based on these short name descriptions. Your baby's name must be in harmony with both:
    your baby's birthdate (inner potential)
    and your family's surname (last name)"
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

Annie

Our feminine names mean so much to all of us. My chosen name stems from an Italian/Irish 25 year old woman in circa 1955 ( I was about 7 when I adopted her name. Annie was an at home early on day care mother on her own. Small class. Try this; one kid at a time! Constant attention. Eye contact. The best training. Body language. Subtile. Facial nuance. Sure.

A best friend of my mom. A best friend of me. (" anchovy?") Yes! Odive too! Sorry. I digress. I was about 4 when she pulled that one and as time went by she pulled so many more! In short, for me, she shined and still does!