Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupation Survey

I'm a CPA with an engineering background.

emmi

Trucking. Owner Operator for 32 years, 48 states, 3.5 million miles accident free.
    And will ya look at the other folks signing in here, don't tell me crossdressers aren't way above the curve in ambition, intelligence, etc. I am proud to be a part of this....
    Karen Francis

explosives technician making BANG! for the mining industry

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Lainie's Story

[SIZE=4]To begin long long ago in a state far far away, my first job was pin-setter, an obselete and long-gone job now, I was 13. My mom and stepdad ran the bowling alley. I also refinished pins and acted as foul judge. No electronics in them there days.

When I was 15 I started work in a grocery store, and was soon doing the closing jobs of an assistant manager but due to my age they wouldn't give me the job.

In 1953 worked as a bookkeeper for a home improvement contractor. Then for SP Transport in the accounting dept, and took on the personnel files later in addition.

In 1955 my first engineering job. I was working in the placement center at the Univ of Houston and referred myself to several jobs. One was also running the lights and sound for the Houston Club at night, a fun \job.

I was doing drafting, bookkeeping and secretarial work for the small engr. firm I referred myself to The owner became a life long friend. Due to bad times I left there and went to an Aluminum Foundry and Production co. I designed and drew up the dies for making extrusions and was also in charge of all construction design and building under the chief engineer.

Left there after 2 years and went to work at Monsanto in Texas City in the Plant Engineering Dept. Was there for 4 years. Basically designed and drew plans for electrical and instrumentation projects.
    Also had my own business building electrical control panels for industry, and my own designed alarm units and annunciator systems.

Left there in 1964 for a one-man engineering firm in Houston Tx. Doing electrical, plumbing and mechanical engineering for mainly schools but also other types of projects. Was in charge of the works under the owner.
    Expanded to 2 more employees, under me.

Left there in 1970 and moved to California where I was a designer and inspector for modular buildings for the US Navy. After that to a company in Stockton that was a contractor doing general (not much), electrical, air conditioning, fire sprinkler, and plumbing contracts. Had a dual hat as sheet metal designer, and consulting engineer for the other departments, later followed by becoming the Division Manager for the Electrical Division.

Left them to start my own engineering firm in Modesto, but worked after a year for mainly two firms, one in Sacramento and one in Modesto. Also a stint as a consultant for the Stockton Waste Water Plant and San Francisco Unfinished Airport.

In the 70's I obtained a Real Estate Broker's License in California and also a Personal Property ((Loan Shark)) Broker's License. Still have an active RE Broker License.

1989, moved to Las Vegas and began teaching music of all instruments to students from 5 to 99.
    Was fired in Sept 2007 because two people complained I said I was transgendered and was (HORRORS) wearing a wig and a skirt. Legal action is pending.

I have written enough specifications to fill a 20foot shelf for various jobs. Along the way I have published and written 6 songs and 5 poems. Two of which were featured on page one of the books they were included in.

If anyone has a job opening please email me.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 07-14-2008 at 03:23 AM.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

hi...44 years in the building . cabinat making & joinery trades 38 as years as noel . about 6 as noeleena. plus lots of neat jobes as well . i am retired now . just do some jobs . you never get away .even as a women ...noeleena...

Blossoming flower
    Design hybrid car batteries.spend alot of time at our plant.

24 years in the good old USN, now working as a systems engineer.

Currently unemployed geek - working on getting some IT certs.

Also working on my photography company, weddings can be a lot of fun to shoot.

HGV CLASS 1
    (TRUCK DRIVER)for the number one supermarket in the UK
    also ex millatry

Barista.

I was a Paramedic until an injury forced me out, came across some CD's in bad situations which makes me very cautious ( never wear wear fem when out on the motorbike!). Now I manage retirement homes.
    Stevie B

Corrections Officer, former Security Forces, Army Artillery and Cavalry. Sorry, the only thing I engineer is my next trivia questions for the inmates.

Electrical Engineer

Karen Sue

Chef for 14 years. before that painter, fish plant worker, and construction worker.
    Hugs + Kisses

"Do or Do Not,There is no Try"-Yoda Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTN View Post
    Amy,

I'm considering getting into truck driving myself. I used to drive a 10 wheeler with a screamin' 6V71 and 13 speed Road Ranger in one of my past lives. Never drove an 18 wheeler except around a parking lot once. Do you drive dressed? Seems that would be a little bit dangerous since trucking is still full of macho types (nothing against them, I can guzzle beer, belch, f@rt and scratch myself with the best 'em), despite the fairly large numbers of lady truckers out there. And I do recall a particular episode of Cops several years ago where a CD trucker was pulled over for some infraction and was instantly outed to the whole world. I really felt sorry for that individual.

Tommi,
    I remember that episode of cops that you are talking about. The only thing I wonder is why did he sign the release? In order for it to shown,every party involved has to sign a release.

My occupation is in the hotel industry.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGuy2Girl View Post
    Tommi,
    I remember that episode of cops that you are talking about. The only thing I wonder is why did he sign the release? In order for it to shown,every party involved has to sign a release.

My occupation is in the hotel industry.

Felicity
    Good question. Maybe he was already out and didn't care? Exhibitionist? I wouldn't want my mug plastered all over the tube, even in guy mode.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTN View Post
    Good question. Maybe he was already out and didn't care? Exhibitionist? I wouldn't want my mug plastered all over the tube, even in guy mode.

Same here,especially in femme mode.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    Commercial Pilot. It gives me a lot of free time in hotel rooms.

Jaydee
    Ditto!

Systems engineer for a Telcom Mfg. I started out circuit switched and now working on wireless systems.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Schooled as an electronics design engineer and have taken other courses in computer design, television signal enhancement, etc... I ended working at an amusement park and video arcade. The pay was good and called upon all of my skills and then some. I was never bored doing the same thing over and over. Now retired and living full time as a woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="4"]I'm the Tooth Fairy![/SIZE]

What Me Worry
    I am in the finacial services industry. I manage peoples money for my living. I have been doing that for close to 35 years.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Returnee

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Maintenance engineer here.[/SIZE]

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    I'm a university student still (eh, look at my age -- 19!!), double majoring in psychology and applied mathematics and doing the pre-med program.

I spent three years volunteering in a library and three years tutoring for free just because. I spent one year teaching English as a second language in Hungary, where I was basically a teacher assistant. I got paid, but nothing really worth mentioning. During the summer, I'm facilitating a university course on probability and statistics.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Survey

I am a retired professional firefighter and paramedic.