Thread: To all the Kansas City TGirls out there....

To all the Kansas City TGirls out there....

All:

Well, the lady & I are going to spend our anniversary in KC coming up this fall. It's only 6 -7 hours of road time away from our native Minneapolis, but yet WORLDS away from our strictly "northern" environment. It's a cheap and convenient way to experience something entirely new.

KC has the extra element of that strong "barbecue" culture. I am getting CRAZY about barbecue, and hope to learn something about the tradition on this trip as well.

The SO is extremely supportive (Thank the GODS!) and this trip will also serve as an opportunity to take the CD to the next level. Get a MAC makeover, get lots of shopping done, maybe go out for the first time since 2001!

I am wondering of anyone in the area has any tips on what areas or establishments might be "friendly", that killer barbecue spot in the area that every one is still trying to keep a secret, interesting things in the area that aren't necessarily in the guidebooks, or anything else you might be able to pass along.

Thanks!
    I know she must be kind.
    When I look in her eyes,
    she goes with me to a blossom world...
    I'm pickin' up good vibrations.
    She's giving me excitations.
    Gotta keep those lovin' good
    vibrations a happenin' with her.
    - B. Wilson & M. Love -

Well, the best Barbecue in Town is LC's Bar-B-Q, near Raytown, off I-435. It's not a trip to KC if you dont go there at least once.

I don't really know of any clubs, as I'm not big on that scene, but you can't really beat the laid back atmosphere at Kauffman Stadium. I know, the Royals suck, but its still hella fun.

Other than that, do a search to see who's playing at the Uptown theatre while you'll be here. If anyone you even remotely enjoy, get tickets and go. It's an AWESOME place to see a show.

Other than that, the Country Club Plaza, south of downtown, and the Jazz Museum on 14th and Vine are pretty cool spots.

Have fun while you're here, it's a great town!