Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death bed attire.

One of the things I once read that started me thinking is ..... I was born a man but dammit I'm going to be buried a woman. And well stevieTV's idea will help me greet my maker with a " next time I can do with out having to do my own alterations, off the right rack next time please!" carol

I want to be burried in my finest female attire - I want to be dressed fully with ally the proper underclothes, shoes, wig, jewelry and make-up

JoAnne Wheeler

Hopefully when that time comes for me, I will already have a woman's body in every sense and will be dressed appropriately, and as time goes on, I'm thinking being cremated is best, and have my ashes spread in the Ocean, and hopefully they'll ride the tides and go somewhere warm & tropical.

Karen

I asked wifey yesterday (WarpedHalo) what she thought, and she is going to dress me up in my favourite footy teams gear.

As mentioned above, funerals are for the living, and if she wanted me dressed as bobo the clown, then so be it.

Once I pass on, I won't need the body, it's going to be burnt to a crisp anyways so why waste a perfectly good outfit.

Although I am christian, I thing I remember a possible Jewish sect that gathers your friend to give you your last bath, then wraps you up in a white sheet. Placing you into a plain pine box for the last trip. I hope by that time to have been with the Lord. Gee, I hope this CD thing doesn't offend him.

Besides, this CD stuff is great, right behind being a father, grandfather, husband, Christian, and hopefully a decent member of this society. I always get a good laugh from my four dear sister-in-laws, when I mention their bath duty.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I wanna donate my organs and science can take whats left. There wont be anything left to dress! lol
    You may want to make the arrangements now if, you haven't already. When my wife passed last year I told the funeral home she wanted this and they said she had to set it up before she passed. So, she was cremated and is sitting on my desk waiting for me to join her. :0)

Too Funny

Quote Originally Posted by curiouslooker View Post
    What would you want to be wearing?
    Too Funny, my wife asked me today, jokingly, "What heels do you want to burried in?"

I drew a complete blank and could not answer.... she caught me completely off guard...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

In my opinion a funeral and all the associated stuff is more for the people left behind than the person whos gone. For that reason I personally think that it is up to whoever buries me how I look. Its also up to them if its open casket or not and whatever else I either dont bother to sort out in life or just dont get the time to sort out.

I will haunt the living hell out of whoever makes reference to a certain blue coloured train during whatever ceremony they have though.....