Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the ultimate female challenge

Yes! Definitely. Just to have the miracle of life growing within my own body would be worth all the short term pains of ultimately giving birth.

What I would not enjoy again is having the life-time commitment and being a parent and raising a child.

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    Now for the absolute ultimate female question. You don't get any more female than this.

Assuming all the right parts, how many of you would want to give birth?
    Ummmm... No. Thank you.

But then, my wife and I don't want kids - so there might be something about that involved.

But then I think you would be hard pressed to find any woman who wanted to give birth. Lots of women want children, yes - but most of them are pretty frightened about the idea of giving birth. Lets not forget that up until very recently mortality rates were pretty high for child birth.

Other excruciatingly painful things I don't want to do:

Fall off the roof
    Pass a watermelon
    Stretch my lower lip up over the top of my head
    Get hit by a bus
    Pay taxes
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I don't want to upset anyone here,or start a war, but I can understand why a transexuall would want to experience this as they are IMO female, but why a cder who is a male, would want to experience this confuses me.
    I also feel confused about this. Unless the CDer is in denial about being TS?

But ... there are also lots of folks in between, who do not identify as either CD or TS. These are the individuals who hate labels, and I understand why. It is difficult to define. So maybe these TGs feel they are both genders, or just plain trans, and they want to experience everything there is to experience about each gender?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    Assuming all the right parts, how many of you would want to give birth?
    I'm happy being a part time t-girl - no plans on having SRS.

In regard to giving birth. HELL NO!

Absolutely NOT!

I never wanted kids to begin with, so there's that end of things. I sure as hell would never want to have to push a baby through such a small opening in my body though! I would never survive the last trimester of pregnancy anyway. No - definitely not for me. Kudos to all the real woman who can go through that, but not me. If I were a gg, STILL no. Never. Not gonna happen. I don't understand how gg's do it, but thank God it is just not possible in my life.

I'm not a wuss or anything... but when it comes to child birth, yeah - I'm in the wuss category there. lol
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

But ... there are also lots of folks in between, who do not identify as either CD or TS. These are the individuals who hate labels, and I understand why. It is difficult to define. So maybe these TGs feel they are both genders, or just plain trans, and they want to experience everything there is to experience about each gender?

I'll go with that be interesting to hear their views.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    good question, my wife and I have talked about this one our selves on different occasions and she flat told me that if you "me" want another child that I was the one who was gong to carry it, and I said fine..lol she just looked at me and said u would really do it and I said yes, she asked why of course and I said just to see what a woman actually goes through during a pregnancy. I know that it is hard on a woman especially if they are carrying twins. Yes I know that it is a woman's job to carry the baby and give labor to the child, but it would be interesting just to feel what a woman goes through during pregnancy. That's my

Another good question to ask IMO is one that would measure how many of you feel maternal. Being pregnant and giving birth is only just the beginning. How many of you feel as if your heart is melting when you are holding your baby? How many of you hold your baby and never tire of watching his tiny face?
    Nope nu no way wouldn't be prudent....wait I already did that. Kids is OK for a visit but give me a cat anytime

Oh and Reine, he is being raised as a mini CD in MY house
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member

I don't think it is necessarily about whether they are CD or TS. I have heard non-TG males says they would like to experience child birth. There is a large curiosity factor there I have to admit.

So my answer would be no at my age and I would think yes if I was 20-30 years younger. But it is always easier to say you would want to do something in a situation that can't happen. So who knows?

Since this can only be a fantasy question, then my answer is definitely yes and I'm not even TS. I'm already a father and grandfather so if it were possible, I'd have to be a lot younger to take on this experience. Child rearing is an amazing experience...not always pleasant but tremendously rewarding. The creation of life is strictly a GG ability and I've always felt that lacking that experience denies the female wannabes complete membership in that gender.

For me, being pregnant and giving birth would be on the top of my list and then #2 would have to be being a bride.
    Amanda

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm a GG and the answer is still HELL NO! You all can have the minimum of 18 years dealing with someone else's crap. I have enough of my own and have yet to grow up (ask just about anyone here).

I could make a snide remark about how that must mean I'm not up to the "ultimate" female challenge but then again, I don't think giving birth defines womanhood. Thousands of women choose not to have children and they are no less women nor any less feminine for it.

But that's just how I feel. I'm one of those people that realize grown adults have a hard time with who I am, so I'm not going to force that on a child.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_CD View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily about whether they are CD or TS. I have heard non-TG males says they would like to experience child birth. There is a large curiosity factor there I have to admit.
    There is a big difference between curiosity and wanting to be a woman, IMO!

I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to be a guy, but there is no way I identify with any part of it. I think the question here has more to do with how deeply felt is the desire to experience this facet of being a woman and not whether someone might just be curious.

Earlier in this thread I asked a question about CDs feeling maternal, but I didn't explain why. I was trying to make the point that although pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful, they are only a very small part of the entire process. The real ultimate female challenge is raising and nurturing the child through his adult years and doing this with unconditional love. And, this joy is not limited to mothers. Fathers experience it too.

So to all who have answered you would love to be pregnant, if you are fathers, you are already experiencing the ultimate in raising a child. If that makes sense.

Reine

The act of creating life? Isn't that such a male question to ask?!!! (No disrespect intended.)

There is nothing more intimately female, physically and emotionally, then producing new life.

For untold decades man has shrived to equal this miraculous feat but all his accomplishments only pale in comparison.

But to answer you question, I would have to say "yes", if it were possible.

But since it is not ,even remotely possible, I must be content with creation in my own way...through word and art. Not as satisfying.... but it's all I am physically capable of.

I have 3 children. My wife may have carried them of nine months but I carried them a lot longer than that!! And I still do! In my heart and soul.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I'd love to be able to become pregnant and give birth...not so happy about the pain part, but all the rest I'd just love. Nothing else could be more an expression of being a woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm not really sure about this one; I never really had the overwhelming desire to have children, and still don't. But I know women that feel the same way, so it's not really a universal female desire. But I am aware of all the other difficulties females face, and would have been willing to deal with that, so I guess the possibility of childbirth wouldn't be a deterrent either.

I think this thread wants to deal with the 'how far would you be willing to go to experience femininity' concept; but it's not like we really have that option now, do we? All we can really do is guess what it might be like. I for one have no yearning desire to experience all the negative things in a woman's life, just so I can 'experience what it is like to be a woman', because that would be an incomplete experience no more accurate than just getting to enjoy being pretty once in a while. Unfortunately for all of us who would go for it, there is no take the whole package or leave it option. The 'whole package' of female experience cannot exist for us. Even transsexuals can never know what it is like to live their whole life as a genetic female.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That is an easy one Shari, I will do it like yesterday.

Hugs,
    Janelle

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]I'm a GG and the answer is still HELL NO! You all can have the minimum of 18 years dealing with someone else's crap. I have enough of my own and have yet to grow up (ask just about anyone here).

I could make a snide remark about how that must mean I'm not up to the "ultimate" female challenge but then again, I don't think giving birth defines womanhood. Thousands of women choose not to have children and they are no less women nor any less feminine for it.

But that's just how I feel. I'm one of those people that realize grown adults have a hard time with who I am, so I'm not going to force that on a child.
    [/SIZE]
    Yay! I'm so pleased to find another GG who is childfree. I'm childfree by choice also. I do get terribly fed up with people who presume that being childfree means you hate kids, or that you aren't a true women. I happen to adore children, I even work in a school. I just don't want any. I don't want to grow up myself and like my time to much.

To be honest, I'm scared of pregnancy. I'm hospital phobic, and all the pain and the whole package. Also I could never offer a child the childhood I had either. Not to mention the fact that I have some rather annoying health problems I don't want to pass on, and don't make enough money to support myself let alone another life.

Incidentally another thing that people seem to glance over about pregnancy is that it can be very dangerous. Sure its natural and all the Jazz, but I almost killed my mother when I was born. She went into shock and if it wasn't for the emergency surgery she would have died I can't imagine a life without my mother, I'm glad she is still with me.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

I would definetly do it.If I had a good man in my life it
    Would be wonderful.To breat feed and take care of your
    kids would be the perfect feminine thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I'd love to be able to become pregnant and give birth...not so happy about the pain part, but all the rest I'd just love. Nothing else could be more an expression of being a woman.
    I agree 100%

I've had kidney stones.. they hurt like hell but I've heard giving birth is right out there.. I wouldn't want to give birth to a child.. I passed a kidney stone, flushed it and don't miss it.. a kid.. that would be a tough flush..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

absolutely yes without a shadow of doubt, if i had the right equipment, as i havn't i'll have to settle for my kittens!!!!!
    live the life you love
    love the life you live

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle8 View Post
    I would definetly do it.If I had a good man in my life it
    Would be wonderful.To breat feed and take care of your
    kids would be the perfect feminine thing to do
    Hi Michelle, (and others who posted with similar sentiments) please don't take my question the wrong way. I am truly trying to understand why you feel the way you do. What are your motives: would you want to raise kids because you love them and want to nurture your own, or do you mostly want this because you feel it is a feminine thing to do? Both dads and moms can raise kids, it is not limited to just one gender. And the breastfeeding is of such short duration compared to the child's lifetime, especially when the mom has to go back to work after her 2 month's leave of absence. My point is you could raise a child. And although you cannot breast feed, you could use bottles and experience nearly the same thing a breast-feeding mother does.

On breast-feeding, there must be a wide misconception among TGs that the feeling is physical. The feeling I had when breastfeeding my sons came from deep within my heart, not my nipples (well, except the first week or so while I was building calluses and later on, the first time they bit me when their teeth began to grow in. Ouch!). The rest of the time, I barely felt it at all, just like most people don't notice they are breathing unless they focus on it. The predominant feeling I remember is one of deep relaxation and joy. Feeding time was my excuse to find a quiet corner of the house away from it all, and enjoy cuddling my baby. I've had many friends who've had to go back to work early, and they couldn't nurse. But they enjoyed the same intensity of love as I did when they fed their babies with a bottle. And dads too, I would guess.

But, I suppose unless something is experienced first hand, it always does seem more mysterious and extraordinary than it really is.
    Reine

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    Tee hee, at least your all being honest. Your right I guess it is the ultimate female experience and I wouldn't change a thing about giving birth to my 4 lovely kids. However, me thinks that most trannys would be too vain to cope with the bulge, the varicose veins, the stretch marks and um the pain is incredible. Contrary to popular belief it isn't something you forget either, cause you feel like your having your insides ripped out of you. that said I'd go through it all again if I had to, but it doesn't feel very feminine to me. I looked like a beached whale for 6 months and nothing looked particularly flattering on me either so my feminine feelings kind of got a bit lost in there somewhere.
    The only real ladies that I've spoken to that didn't have a particularly painful birth were those who had tiny babies and they kind of just slid out. Mine were all quite large and I'm only small so hey work out the logistics yourself.
    Bev
    i found your quote to be the most interesting. It always comes back to childbirth or so it seems.

I know for myself its the illusion of being feminine that I enjoy. If i were as a full time woman i still don't think our modern society treats them appropriately.
    Last edited by darla_g; 07-11-2009 at 11:57 PM.

nope

not attractive to me

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Yay! I'm so pleased to find another GG who is childfree. I'm childfree by choice also. I do get terribly fed up with people who presume that being childfree means you hate kids, or that you aren't a true women. I happen to adore children, I even work in a school. I just don't want any. I don't want to grow up myself and like my time to much.

To be honest, I'm scared of pregnancy. I'm hospital phobic, and all the pain and the whole package. Also I could never offer a child the childhood I had either. Not to mention the fact that I have some rather annoying health problems I don't want to pass on, and don't make enough money to support myself let alone another life.

Incidentally another thing that people seem to glance over about pregnancy is that it can be very dangerous. Sure its natural and all the Jazz, but I almost killed my mother when I was born. She went into shock and if it wasn't for the emergency surgery she would have died I can't imagine a life without my mother, I'm glad she is still with me.
    Yes, everyone assumes I either hate children (I love them, especially with fries! ) or that I'm physically unable to have them. As if every woman on this planet LIVES for the moment of giving birth. Ummm.... NO.

I have a million reasons why I don't have kids but in all honesty, it all boils down to... I just don't want to. I grew up with a parent that definitely shouldn't have children and that was proof enough that just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]