Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coming out to my wife this evening, wish me luck.

Yes Danielle, despite the fact that the results were not as positive as you had hoped, honesty really is the best way to go with that. As one of the members of my support group told me when I was going through the same agonizing internal debate, you have to give yourself and her the choice to decide what to do with full knowledge of the situation. It is a part of you, and it won't go away, and if you are not honest, whatever you build with her will be built on "pillars of sand".

I just went through this a month ago, and I know it is a very very scary and difficult thing to discuss. I admire your courage and bravery for going through with it, I know before my recent discussion with my SO, I was feeling like I might hyperventilate for a few minutes my nerves were so bad. Even after taking a tranquilizer for them. So a million hugs to you for doing the right thing, even if it was the hardest path to follow. I hope over time she will become more accepting and that things will go well for the both of you, but at least now you aren't hiding a huge secret that could have come out down the road under much worse circumstances than these.

All my supporting thoughts and >>>hugs<<<
    Pauline

Danielle if you think about it ,its taken you many many years to come to terms about it,and tell her, you just cant expect her to embrace it in hours, be ready to answer all her questions,and there will be many,but you MUST answer them 100% truthfully, you wont get a second chance to decieve her,
    and in my humble opinion dont bring up the subject let her do all the running at what ever speed she wants to, (baby steps one at a time) dont rush it

i commend you on your honesty

BIG HUGGS TO YOU BOTH
    J-JAY

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Danielle, You are a lot braver than me. I think you did the right thing. Now at least you can move on with your life and not have this secret to hide.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Good for you, Danielle. I hope that you and your wife work together to find a balance that works for both of you.