Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Partial dressers, I don't understand u!

To each their own I say.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSummers View Post
    I don't think you can compare a woman that is "underdressed" with a guy that dresses up in partial clothing. No matter how hard you try you are still going to be a woman.
    *ahem* I think I can find a few people on this board that would beg to differ.

I usually go out all dressed up, but sometimes all that I can get away with is to "underdress." I don't think that you're talking about that though.
    Anyway, just as we can see in every day life, there are all kinds of people--some dress up, some don't seem to care, some dress up and care a lot about it.
    C'est la vie!
    warmly, Linnea

I just feel comfortable as heck in a mini w/ tights and heels, never made an effort to pass( I have a beard that I cant bear to shave, its like a part of me), just really really really love the look and feel of some "womens" clothes. who is anybody to judge? the world would be such a better place if everyone would just not give a crap what the next person is doing as long as its not harming anyone.....
    Harming no one, do as you will.
    I stand atop a tower, world at my command.

I used to don't get it because I don't do it, till one afternoon when I was completely naked with just make up and heels and honestly I never felt more feminine in my life and I wasn't wearing any clothes,then now I understand that you don't have go all the way or transform yourself to grab that feeling

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I used to don't get it because I don't do it, till one afternoon when I was completely naked with just make up and heels and honestly I never felt more feminine in my life and I wasn't wearing any clothes,then now I understand that you don't have go all the way or transform yourself to grab that feeling
    Barbara

I used to just grow one pinkie finger nail. That was all, just one, no manicures, no wearing of feminine clothes, make-up or paraphenalia. Wasn't because I cba, it just plain and simply made me happy. What is there to get?

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well when I dress it is a desire that I have to feel that inner peace inside me. When I do finally get the courage to go out into the world it will definately be 100% woman.
    The way I see it and I am shooting from the hip here. For me if I dress at home it usually does not involve makeup but everything else is included except the batteries. LOL
    when I am feeling that I want to present myself to others, I include my makeup (pictures)
    The one time that I did go out I tried to look and pass as best I could as a woman.
    I think I would handle the comments much better if I was dressed all out versus 50%
    I guess it is all about attitude and for me I would feel better about myself presenting as a female then half and half.
    But to each their own I do not judge, and if I do I would never pass judgement on any of you. We are who we are and if someone doesn't like it So what! I am not out to impress anyone but myself and if I impress someone on the way GREAT.
    True friends and family is what I desire to have in my life. I hide myself from the world but she is desperately trying to make friends of her own.

For many years, I thought it impossible, to actually go buy lady stuff, in person, and , also have women shoes that fit! In 2005, i worked up the guts to buy a dress, which was on display, at a second hand store, then, used bras, later bought more dresses, skirts, tops, then used wigs, then hose, then ordered heels on the web, then...a lady in the mirror!

Gold Member
    there are many levels of TG.
    Clothing is just outer covering.

I have been chewed out myself cause even in my femme mode, I tend to wear pants. I hate skirts and dresses, never even owned a real dress.

I have seen guys who will be dressed all male except a skirt. I just look and kind of think - "Right on bro"
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well I don't understand a lot of things (like wearing masks for one) but that doesn't mean they are wrong or bad or unpleasent... Just means that I'm ignorant....
    you are not. Funny (as in sense of humor) you are Karren

Phose go with everything nikki in hose's Avatar
    I myself partially dress alot, mostly due to my environment. My wife knows but doesnt want to see it, so alot of times I underdress when she and the kids are home or for work. I have in the past gone out in womens spandex shorts and pantyhose with my first wife shopping and what not, only becuase that is what I was comfortable with at the time. Nowadays it's a rare occasion that I get to go "all out", but when I do I try to savor the fleeting moments. It's not the ideal situation by a long shot, however it works for me and keeps the house on its foundation .

Yeah, I have to agree with others who basically say "What's to get?"

I wear what I like, I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. I know that my style of crossdressing is very different than how most of the people on this forum dress, but I can't imagine starting a thread to ask them why they do what they enjoy. They enjoy it, that's why!

I have seen guys who will be dressed all male except a skirt. I just look and kind of think - "Right on bro"
    Well, guys like me would argue that the skirt doesn't make me any less a male than pants. When I wear a skirt I'm dressed all male, not all male "except a skirt." I know that this isn't what you were trying to say, and that you were being supportive, but I just have to rally that point a lot.
    Last edited by JiveTurkeyOnRye; 12-01-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added a response to another post, didn't want to double post
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    SORRY, TAM! Partial CROSSDRESSERS!
    But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. Why?
    Because I seek freedom and comfort, and don't reject my identity as male. Myself, I don't really understand all you people who want to pass all the way to the goal line. Why should I make a goal out of deceiving other people? I think a great deal of how I am able to go to an Episcopal church in Muskogee, Oklahoma every Sunday and Wednesday wearing a dress has to do with my being honest about who I am. Desiring to pass I see as part of perpetuating the gender tyranny that oppresses us all.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    SORRY, TAM! Partial CROSSDRESSERS!
    There is no such thing. We are cross-dressers or we are not, and luckily for me that does not require permission from any other member of this forum.

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror! I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed!
    THat is fine for you but if I followed what you say here to its logical conclusion, I would never be allowed out of the house because my voice will always give me away. I can't accept you placing that restriction on me.

But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!

But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. Why?
    Perhaps for some of us because we are cross-dressers and not merely female impersonators.

Perhaps for some of us because we have no desire to transition (at least at the moment).

Or perhaps for some of us because - as everyone knows - the moon is made of blue cheese.

Fortunately, we don't have to ask the permission of anyone on this forum to do what we feel the need (or desire) to do.

I understand that it's quick and easy. That U may not wish to take the 3+ hours preparing, that it takes me for most every CD session. But, r u really happy with your look? I respect your rite to dress as u like, but I just don't GET IT!?
    What is there to get? I'm sorry, despite your words, the whole of your post shouts out to me that you do not respect our right to be different to you and that makes me really sad.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Corona where paradise is only a beer away.
    I think that for some that goes the whole nine yard, with shaving, bathing, full makeup with forms and so forth. It is because they have the time, or it allow them to transition to their woman "mode". Some don't require that kind of dressing just to feel like a woman. I guess it is more like a warming up to get into that state of mind, where you're transitioning to be another person. I think I am rambling now...

Cliff's note: its all about attitude, some feels great with keeping it simple, and some want the whole packages. I myself, well I would like to try the whole package, forms and shaving and wigs. But I don't have the resources, times, nor space for such items. So for me, I'm what you'll call a partial cd'er. I dress in lingerie with my regular clothes, sometimes maybe a pair of woman's jeans.

Tomara I agree with you. We are all different and have different needs and desires and we all take our crossdressing to whatever level we want. I go out of the house often completely dressed but often around the house its just a bra and panties. On a recent trip I traveled in drab except for a bra under my tee shirt and after I had stopped for the night I went out completely dressed so its different levels at different times. So you go as far as you want. Don't GGs do the same?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Sorry everyone!

I guess I deserved to be FLAMED! Tamara tried to WARN me, in her own way!

If my thread sounds uninformed, here's why.
    I don't understand much of ANYTHING to do with CDing!

However, here's the few things I think I KNOW about CDing:

I think I'm GOOD at my kind CDing! And I find it stimulating, exciting, just too much fun to be simply a HOBBY!
    I love dressing in fem costumes, because that's what CDing is for me. I like to LOOK like a woman that is NOT me. And, I rarely feel like one.
    I LIKE almost ALL of the people here! Irregardless of the fact that we have CDing in common!
    I'm constantly learning things here. About myself, and CD/TG/TSs. I learn from ALL of u! Whether u like it or not. But, I seem to learn VERY SLOWLY!
    I LOVE all the diversity here! Heck, even an odd geezer like me can find a little acceptance!
    I don't give a crap how you dress! Even if u decided to go out DRESSED as a female DUCK! If I knew u, I'd be happy to meet u for dinner at our corner restaurant! BUT!
    I'M PRETTY CERTAIN I'D ASK U WHY U WERE DRESSED THAT WAY!?

I had no intention of offending ANYONE with this thread! If I did, I'm truly sorry! I'm NOT stupid, but I SURE do seem to be IGNORANT!

Finally, the original post was intended for CDs who wear only a few fem items VISIBLY, WHEN THEY GO OUT! I think everyone will throw on a few odd things occasionally, at home. And underdressing is another matter entirely!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-02-2009 at 03:07 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc said "Finally, the original post was intended for CDs who wear only a few fem items VISIBLY, WHEN THEY GO OUT! I think everyone will throw on a few odd things occasionally, at home. And underdressing is another matter entirely!"

When I walk outh the door every morning I must present to my clients customers as the person authorized to be in their home. Hence, I must present as my male self. That doesn't mean I can't be comfortable doing it. Comfortable may mean in the clothes I'm wearing or mentally comfortable with myself or a combination of the two. So I may be wearing guy jeans and a ladies polo shirt, or ladies slacks and blouse. A couple of weeks ago it was bitter cold here with about 6" of snow so I had to wear my heavy coat (ladies in black that doesn't look fem) and under it I wore an extreemly feminine satin blouse, my black ladies side-zip slacks with garter/hose underneath for an add'l layer and black side-zip calf boots with 2" heels (90% hidden by the snow). I was very comfortable with myself and with my presenation. I don't dress to "escape" my male being. I did that when it was a fetish before I transitioned in 79/80. When I came back to the dark side yes it became an escape again. I finally decided to heck with it and began to blend my wardrobe to "be" me without having to "escape" me. Probably 90% of the general public will not notice you, 5% will notice but not say anything, 4% will notice and MIGHT say something, and that last 1% don't live in my house so who gives a heck what they think or say. I have said in a post quite some time ago that I showed up at a property to do my job and when the woman of the house answered the door I was standing in front of a mirrior. We had on the same (or dang close to it) outfit (blouses were the same, slacks were very similar, same shoes). She HAD to notice but didn't say a word. I did my job in a professional manor and left. Our conversations between me getting there and leaving were friendly and light. Not a word about my attire and not a word back from my client either.

Wearing the clothes of the opposite sex does not mean wearing the hanger they are attached to while hanging in the closet....

Jenn

For me, its simply a matter of time and opportunity to be able to partially dress if I can't fully dress. I love to go shopping on the noon hours in a sweater (girl's or guy's), girl jeans, and high heels (this time of year, shorty black high heeled boots). I just change in the car. I can practice my girly walk and just look around in stores. Nobody pays any attention to me (that I'm aware of). I go to a remote part of town where the possibility of being seen by someone I know is remote. It's a wonderful opportunity to be a girl for 45 minutes or so, since I'm not out to my wife and my evenings are usually very busy. I really enjoy it.

I have gone out to a local gay bar on a "slow" night dressed like this. When I'm dressed like this, especially with pantyhose on under my slacks, I feel so sleek and sexy and metrosexual. I'd LOVE to find a guy that finds me attractive when dressed like this, but I'm not very hopeful <sigh>.

Smiles, Tracy
    Last edited by shesgotleggs; 12-02-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE=2]What’s there to understand? A little goes a long way in crossdressing. Anything that goes against drabness has merit, in my eyes, so you can adjust your level of “impersonation” to the situation at hand. Actually, it’s nothing like impersonation at all – think less in terms of surface, and more in terms of gender integration. Even when I’m dressed up 100%, it’s not a costume, you know…[/SIZE]
    Right on Kansas Sister! Sherry for me its about being Suzanne. Its not about looking like a female its about being the person I am comfy with. Any little reminder of my femme self in a drab world is embraced. It can be the ladies Levi 505 jeans, the pastel mock turtle neck, or the IFGE braclet that I wear. I know I don't always feel like throwing on the full make up if I am going out, but I do almost always feel like wearing something femme. Blending is still important for me, but I know for others they could care less.

Darling you didn't offend me. I know this makes no sense to you, because I doesn't make sense to me!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Because I have a goatee so I'm inactive right now because when I dress I like to feel as fem as possible. The closest I come to partial dressing is I have girls jeans that I wear with regularity. They pass, they're comfy, and I think they look better on me than my guy's jeans. That's the closest I go to partial dressing. Kudos to those that do it more partially though.

I only partially dressed when I was making a transition at work. I started wearing ladies V neck tops with short sleeves, then I went to wearing female jeans of couse with panties, and then a few weeks later I started wearing a Bra, without padding, just a bra, the a few weeks later I added a little to it and as taime went on everyone thought I was growing breasts, but wasn't really, at least not at that point. I did grow a little though, but anyway back to the subject. I would never go out and a girls shirt on and a skirt, at least not without looking like a girl. That would be like just throwing on a dress and say hey, let's go bale hay or rebuild an engine.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Dr., Dr., Dr., Im my opinion, you don't understand it cause you're not a crossdresser. You wear women's clothes, but for what reason, I do not know. You say you don't feel like a woman when you dress. The more I dress, the more I feel like a woman, and it feels right. Even when I partially dress, I feel feminine. And sometimes, when I'm in drab, I feel feminine. It's an internal identity thing with me. I feel that you have a fetish, that just "happens" to include female clothing. I don't think you're a crossdresser at all. I think you're a fetishist. As a crossdresser who may be TS, I feel as though you and I have nothing in common. But, that's just my opinion.

Banned Read only
    Some of us want to look our best, and present as fem as possible. Others are content to look like one of the Budweiser boys.

ad omnis par
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Most of time, just like a real live GG I don't want to have to put on all that makeup or put on the foundation garment or the hose or the wig....but slipping into a nice skirt/blouse combo or a house dress
    I like this post.

I do not consider myself a 'guy'. I am a male, but I am far too feminine to be a 'guy.'

At the same time, I am not wired to wear makeup or a wig. I dress in a way that is appropriate and looks good for my body. I am a male, I am feminine, and I am proud.

My sisters who do wear makeup, wigs, and breastforms, from the other thread I started, are wired to want those things, and that is just as valid as how I dress.

I'm glad you want to understand it!! It gives us the tools to fight bigotry and hatred.
    <---- she can't magically change the world. We can!!
    ad omnis par
    Toni

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.